gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 19, 2024, 05:59:39 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod  (Read 124164 times)

Offline Unaru

Re: Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »
Thank you, good sir. Expect a lot more questions, but I'll start a thread for that when I get this going.

Offline Stevo2569

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »
You guys are awesome. I was hoping for some help finding a digital pot for the OKR T/6 that is not discontinued. Thinking this might work but having trouble coming up with the schematic for the resistors in parallel and which resistors to use.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Intersil/X9313ZSZT1/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuD%2f7PTYBwKqSpQl7USA1PmRDO50HRYF4I%3d
Also will this tac switch work
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CK-Components/KSJ0M43180SHLFT/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsgGjVA3toVBOjLgGZA5A1OrPrmtv%2fOUog%3d
Please Help and Thanks

Offline Flawed

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2014, 11:17:12 PM »
The end goal is a hand friendly 26650 box mod with between 40-50 watts of power with Variable Voltage between 3.3 - 6.5 volts, and be able to work with 2.8? - 0.5? coils.

Edit - Apparently the forum doesn't like the Ohm symbol ?

Just a head's up it's nice being in a forum of educated people and tinkerers without the Sub-Adult attitude towards electronics. I went to a B&M the other day to pick up an impedance meter. I was literally treated like an idiot. I had a person there (not an employee) try to explain to me that impedance doesn't affect vaping, but rather ohms do.  :wallbash:

so the 4050 will work with .5 and above coils?? I don't go below .5 - it's my sweet spot.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »
so the 4050 will work with .5 and above coils?? I don't go below .5 - it's my sweet spot.

It will work, but it's outside the rated output current for that regulator.  From what I understand the 04050C can take quite a beating, but there's always a risk of component failure when running a part beyond its ratings.  Also to run it that hard, you'll need a good low impedance battery (high drain) and a good battery connection with minimal resistance.

That quote is old, but I wanted to comment on impedance versus resistance.  The difference can be subtle, but really only comes into play for AC loads.  Since we work with DC and not AC, we can mostly consider impedance the same thing as resistance.  Most simply, impedance is resistance with the added consideration for AC effects.  What that guy said was sort of correct, but rather the AC part of impedance does not affect e-cigs.  However the resistive part of impedance is still there just the same.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx