gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 07:09:17 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Micro-Controller Mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Micro-Controller Mod  (Read 66411 times)

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
Re: Micro-Controller Mod
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2013, 09:46:46 AM »
nice mod!!!!!!
been looking at this for a while now,no matter what i do i can't be as good as you!
well hopefully one day you decide to sell em..hehehheheheheh

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
one more thing , with a balance charger you can stop charging at 4.15v the batteries will last longer. over charging & over discharging . not good for LIPO BATTERIES

That's like saying, "if you never drive your car over 20mph it will last longer."  Yes, you get a little less wear by short charging your Li-Ion cells, but you're also giving up a good amount of run time.  The last tenth of a volt is critical for Li-Ions in fully charging them.  The specs say charge to 4.20V so you should charge them to 4.20 Volts.

Offline gknowes

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2013, 04:44:19 PM »
hi craighb, breaktru said that it took 5hr. to charge two lipos batteries . How i charge my 10s4p lipos is to fast charge them & every 6th charge i balance charge them . when you balance charge some cells will go as high as 4.3v then at the end of the balance charge the charger will discharge the over charge cell into the the under charge cell  this will take at least 40 min. my 10s4p lipos take me 3hr. to charge my e-bike

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2013, 05:36:24 PM »
That makes no sense to me.

You absolutely can not drive the terminal voltage of a nominal 3.7V Li-Ion cell above 4.20 volts exactly.  They can tolerate up to 4.25 Volts, but anything higher damages them severely.  The preferred limit is plus or minus 30mV.  That's a fact with no exception.  If your balance charger is driving the terminal voltage on any cell over 4.23 Volts at any time, it's a bad charger, get rid of it. 

Don't use a pack charger for series Li-Ion cells.  Only use a balance charger.  Pack chargers can damage one of the cells severly if there's any deviation in wear between them.  At a terminal charging voltage of 8.4 Volts for two Li-Ions in series, one cell could be driven up to 4.3V while the other is only at 4.1V.  That's very bad for Li-Ion cells.

Charge time is merely a matter of rate and cell capacity.  If you charge a 1000mAh cell with a rate of 1A it's going to take 1 hour plus 10 to 20 minutes of charging overhead.  If you charge a 2000mAh cell with a rate of 1A, it's going to take 2 hours plus 10 to 20 minutes of overhead.  That's all there is to it, charge time will always be a function of charging rate, cell capacity, and overhead.  There are no other significant factors, but there are some insignificant ones not having any real bearing on this point.

The charging overhead comes from the final CVM phase of the charger (constant voltage mode).  CVM time does vary somewhat depending on the C rate you're charging with.  A 1/2C rate has higher overhead time than a 2C rate for example.  It also varies depending on overall charge capacity.  In any case, it's usually between 10 and 20 minutes.

Oh one other point, just like drain limits, Li-Ions have strict limits on charging rates.  It's usually 1C or one times the charge.  Exceeding that limit can cause the cell to overheat which damages it severely, at the worst it can result in a battery fire.  Typically IMR cells and high drain LiPos can tolerate 2C.  So a 1600mA cell would have a limit on the rate of two times the charge which is 3200mA or 3.2A.  You generally don't want to exceed 1C for any Li-Ion cell since higher rates greatly increase wear.  BTW, a 1C rate is always a charge time of 1 hour plus 10 to 20 minutes of overhead.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:40:21 PM by CraigHB »

Offline icky

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
No officer,  I swear this isn't a detonation device! Nice work, went back to analog cigs because I was not satisfied with my vaping experiance. Going to try a okr t10 and a trident atomizer to see if I can get a really airy hit, still giving you a dense cloud. Kind of like the sub ohm stuff, with out the sub ohm, they just gave me some good ideas...

Offline modfo

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2014, 04:23:17 PM »
That's a all some build break I love too build one of those one day myself but this working get a few up and running but I will try it one day I looked one of the supmosfet and come acrossed  the one that is in the DNA30 mod from d.k on the mauo t-10 build waiting o. Some parts got my 20 tactile buttons today can't wait to get home too work some lol I've been watching you for sometime now and it just blows me away at how you have come along way keep going and they all look great?

Offline modfo

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »
I know I don't talk much on here but I like love too share some information and get some too as I'm not that good as you could you tell me what % 5.6 zener and watt it is I'm going too be going home soon and was going too stop and get some more parts but didn't write down please

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2014, 06:04:39 PM »
I know I don't talk much on here but I like love too share some information and get some too as I'm not that good as you could you tell me what % 5.6 zener and watt it is I'm going too be going home soon and was going too stop and get some more parts but didn't write down please

The 5.6V zener diode can be a low watt. 1/4 Watt or higher

Offline modfo

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2014, 06:26:59 PM »
Thanks I'm standing here now that's the way it works somethings  you know I took some old tactile switches out of some old boards and I kind of like them better than the new ones I don't have too work as hard on getting them in as they are like 9mm tall and a soft black switch don't have too but as much out around to get them closer too the outside man did you make that board you are kicking in too high gear lol I watched the video on how you make them like 2 am in the morning after work on a box mod and its is something else how ots done got too get the equipment for that after taxes time lol

Offline modfo

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
I was wanting too ask you what is your best tasting ejuice me up that you use the most I've been wanting too do that but I didn't want too make something up without asking that first I've been going thru alot of your builds im a plumber by trade and I showed the guys at work and they all want one like that so they can but up at the shop but they don't build they want me too ask you could you make like 4"of them they said they would pay you for them !

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »
I was wanting too ask you what is your best tasting ejuice me up that you use the most I've been wanting too do that but I didn't want too make something up without asking that first I've been going thru alot of your builds im a plumber by trade and I showed the guys at work and they all want one like that so they can but up at the shop but they don't build they want me too ask you could you make like 4"of them they said they would pay you for them !

It's hard to suggest a recipe that I like and that someone else would enjoy. I've tasted recipes that were said to be great and were really bad (to me anyway).

Sorry, I don't sell mods anymore.

Offline modfo

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
U got that right I like a sweet tobacco flavor and something I use captain comet love the there products there is some of there's I just can't stand ! Lol I found some good stuff last nite I took a bad some bad equipment I had been waiting too take the the dump it was a gold mine

Offline modfo

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2014, 05:11:41 PM »
I have too ask cause they are all standing here looking over my shoulder lol they are just amazed at the stuff you you do I don't fo too know Americans sites at all I had tryed too and they all was kind of nasty too me so I didn't ask to become a member but I been watch you for about 6 mos. And too watch you grow is truly amazing I tryed your zapper and got but on the shelf lol but they want too know if you would make some of them copper mods depended on what you would want for them but the boss has the money lol he is wanting one he has been waiting all day for me too hear from you!!

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you and your work buddies but I no longer make mods for sale. I'm back to being a hobbyist.

Offline modfo

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »
That fine I would of ask if they didn't ask me too but thanks for letting hang out with you guys you all are are some nice guys very helpful with one another I see

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Micro-Controller Mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx