gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 19, 2024, 03:38:20 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO  (Read 541611 times)

Offline midnightron

Re: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »
 Doh: Is this the correct place to post a question about the calculator?
Thanks and God Bless

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2013, 05:49:04 PM »
Doh: Is this the correct place to post a question about the calculator?
Thanks and God Bless

I just moved your question to here........ https://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,789.msg8357.html#msg8357
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:21:34 PM by Breaktru »

Offline midnightron

Sweetner
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »
Sorry to break in on a thread but I still have no idea how to start my own topic. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated. My question today is, can someone tell me the best sweetener to use? I have one now but it kinda leaves an after taste like those artificial sweeteners in packets if you know what I mean. Thank you and may you all have a very blessed day and may God Bless you and yours.
Ron

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »
Sorry to break in on a thread but I still have no idea how to start my own topic. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated. My question today is, can someone tell me the best sweetener to use? I have one now but it kinda leaves an after taste like those artificial sweeteners in packets if you know what I mean. Thank you and may you all have a very blessed day and may God Bless you and yours.
Ron

When you decide which Category you want to post in, you will see the "New Topic" button as shown in the image below. Newbies can not start a new topic. 3 posts are required first.

I personally have not tried a lot of sweeteners. In fact I only tried one. Ethyl Maltol (Cotton Candy). Which one are you using.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:21:48 PM by Breaktru »

Offline delanos53

« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »
On thing that would be nice to add I think would be to have an inventory of your flavors in the app.  Right now I either have to go to a spread sheet or my android app to find what flavors I have available.   

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
On thing that would be nice to add I think would be to have an inventory of your flavors in the app.  Right now I either have to go to a spread sheet or my android app to find what flavors I have available.   

Sounds good. Have to look into it. I have received that request a few times before.

Offline midnightron

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »
When you decide which Category you want to post in, you will see the "New Topic" button as shown in the image below. Newbies can not start a new topic. 3 posts are required first.

I personally have not tried a lot of sweeteners. In fact I only tried one. Ethyl Maltol (Cotton Candy). Which one are you using.

Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it. May God Bless you and yours.
Ron
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:22:04 PM by Breaktru »

Offline edsendemic

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
Hi there! I'm actually new to this forum but it's been like 4 months since I started using e-juice me up software.. I got a couple questions (since I still can't make a new thread) for the experts.. Why is that every time I try to make a NIC strength (like 6mg NIC) it really doesn't taste that way? I mean, I'm used to make 3mg and for me it's the perfect strength.. but my friend wanted a 6mg so I made him one and it was too strong.. we actually compared it to some juices (at vape shops) with 6mg and it really IS too strong.. it's kinda like a 10mg strength instead of 6mg.. I'm wondering what's going on and what should I do? FYI, I'm using a unflavored 50%-50% PG/VG with 24mg strength on a 60ml bottle NIC.. any help will be greatly appreciated..

thank you guys and GREAT JOB on this software! SUPER LOVIN' IT!  :rockin smiley:

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2013, 01:30:26 AM »
Hi there! I'm actually new to this forum but it's been like 4 months since I started using e-juice me up software.. I got a couple questions (since I still can't make a new thread) for the experts.. Why is that every time I try to make a NIC strength (like 6mg NIC) it really doesn't taste that way? I mean, I'm used to make 3mg and for me it's the perfect strength.. but my friend wanted a 6mg so I made him one and it was too strong.. we actually compared it to some juices (at vape shops) with 6mg and it really IS too strong.. it's kinda like a 10mg strength instead of 6mg.. I'm wondering what's going on and what should I do? FYI, I'm using a unflavored 50%-50% PG/VG with 24mg strength on a 60ml bottle NIC.. any help will be greatly appreciated..

thank you guys and GREAT JOB on this software! SUPER LOVIN' IT!  :rockin smiley:

edsendemic:  First, lets establish which calculator you are using.  This is to allow me to get on the same page with you.  At the top of the calculator form, kit should say "e-Juice Calculator"  and the first line says "Enter Your Amounts".  If we are not on the same calculator, I need for you to get the e-juice calculator, available thru a link on the forum.  I believe we are on the right calculator. 

Next, check your nicotine bottle.  It should have sticker on it that says "24mg in PG" or a statement to that effect on the bottle's label.  DO not confuse the issue by providing the size of hte bottle (i.e., "60ml").  If it is 24mg, enter that number in the very first box, in the upper right of the form and directly below the 'Print Image" box framed in blue.  On that same line, where it says "PG    %", put 100.

The next line is labeled "Target Nicotine strenth" .  At the far right, enter the nicotine content you desire the finished product to contain. In this case, enter "6".  Your finished juice should now have 6mg or 6% nicotine.

On the line "Amount to Make" enter the size of the batch you are making (3, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, etc) in the box proceeding the "mg" label.

Next enter the name of each of the concentrates you are going to use in you juice, one to a line.  DO NOT enter anything else on an individual name line, except all the way to the right in the box adjacent to the last % mark.  This is a percentage of the total amount of flavor concentrates to be added to the dilutants.  Not a percentage of the total bottle volume.

Last step before we hit the button.

In the lower half of the forum, there are two lines that determine how much dilutent, PG and VG, will be in the final mix.  In either box put the number 50.  You indicated you wanted a 50/50 mix so we don't have be concerned where the 50 is entered.

Hit the "Calculate" button at the bottom of the page and read your recipe for 6ml of x juice, with 6mg nicotine, and a 50/50 base mix.

With few exception, your mix will need to step from 48 hours to 4 to 6 weeks before it will reach it's final flavor.  The concentrate requiring the longest steeping time is Peach.  What you are doing when you steep a mix is allowing the chemicals (e.g., molecule) to oxidize and melt with the other flavor molecules of the mix.

I hope you find this helpful.  Happy mixing (it is fun) and happy vaping.     Eric

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »

Can you take a screenshot of the form?

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2013, 10:43:24 AM »

hope this worked.  I have not used this pgm before.  Here Goes

Ok, that didn't work.  I do the ScrSht, but can' get it to this form.  How about a tutorial.

http://content.screencast.com/users/erck89/folders/Snagit/media/4a849f03-9220-4135-96cf-f031f45222b0/09.16.2013-10.38.png

OK, I'll take it any way I can get it.  Click on the address and WALA the form.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:08:32 AM by Erck89 »

Offline horton

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
duplicated information posted earlier -- deleted post
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:33:03 PM by horton »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2013, 12:08:14 PM »
Thanks Eric. I was actually asking @edsendemic to post his screenshot so I can see what he is actually doing.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:22:19 PM by Breaktru »

Offline edsendemic

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »

Will do when I get home from work and school..  :thumbsup:

Thanks erck will take note of that.. I'm somewhat familiar with the program it's just the nic problem.. i was thinkin' maybe it's because I use a premix 24mg NIC  with 50/50 PG/VG on it.. i will SS the form when I get home.. so you guys might be able to see the problem.. thanks a lot for the help everyone!  ;cheers;

Offline edsendemic

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2013, 03:48:59 PM »
Oh and btw, I use ultra sonic cleaner to steep my juice quicker.. for some reason (just found this method on a forum) it speeds up the steeping process.. hope it helps.. :thumbsup:

Offline edsendemic

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »

Here's the SS.. Hope it helps..

That's the formula on a 6mg target NIC.. I just made 1 again and it's really strong..   :facepalm:

my usual NIC is only 3mg and it's perfect..

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:22:37 PM by Breaktru »

Offline edsendemic

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
oh sorry the 1st pic I posted was at 3mg NIC.. here's the 6mg..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:34:43 PM by edsendemic »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »
Well it looks like everything is entered correctly.
Are you using the drop method for measuring? If so, it's not an accurate way to measure and will effect the out come of the mix content. I would suggest using a syringe.

You normally use 3mg strength of Nic and vaping 6mg (twice the strength) will seem strong.

I also see that you are using 35% flavoring. That seems excessive. The max flavoring for most recipes are 20% total. It all depends on the flavoring. I start low and work up if needed. Sometimes less is better. Some of my recipes are only 10% and that depends on the flavoring. A strong tobacco can be as little as 1%.

Offline edsendemic

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »
Well it looks like everything is entered correctly.
Are you using the drop method for measuring? If so, it's not an accurate way to measure and will effect the out come of the mix content. I would suggest using a syringe.

You normally use 3mg strength of Nic and vaping 6mg (twice the strength) will seem strong.

I also see that you are using 35% flavoring. That seems excessive. The max flavoring for most recipes are 20% total. It all depends on the flavoring. I start low and work up if needed. Sometimes less is better. Some of my recipes are only 10% and that depends on the flavoring. A strong tobacco can be as little as 1%.

Not really.. I use syringe then just drop the excess.. and I already measured my droppers to meet the drop per ml.. so i think it's kinda accurate..

Uhmmm yes I normally vape 3mg.. but my friend vape 6mg and he loves my flavor so i made him one.. and he said it's too strong.. lol!

That's one of the problem i've been thinking.. I also notice that it's not really the NIC that gives the strong taste of the juice.. I noticed earlier that it has a strong throat hit.. maybe because of too much PG on it? Hmmmmm...  :Thinking:

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2013, 11:55:55 PM »
oh sorry the 1st pic I posted was at 3mg NIC.. here's the 6mg..

Ed:  Lets solve the throat hit problem first.  At the bottom of the first half card it Says PG and a box and VG and a box.  PG partly controls the throat hit and VG controls, in part, the vapor volume.  If you have to much TH, lower the number in the PG box.  The software will calculate the amount of PG used in the concentrates and have you add what is needed to end up with the desired PG/VG mix.  If you don't have enough PG, it will prompt you to add more and that is when you increase that PG number.  So, if you are getting to much TH, change the PG % to 30.  The VG will automatically correct.

For some reason, the pgm is doubling the amount of nicotine.  The problem is the double entry of the dilutent used in the nic.  Evidently, it only wants one number and it will calculate the remainder.  Try putting your 50% ONLY in the PG box.  You should see the nic line go from 25% (2.5ml) to the 6% you are looking for.

Good luck, let us know if that works.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »
    For some reason, the pgm is doubling the amount of nicotine.  The problem is the double entry of the dilutent used in the nic.  Evidently, it only wants one number and it will calculate the remainder.  Try putting your 50% ONLY in the PG box.  You should see the nic line go from 25% (2.5ml) to the 6% you are looking for.

Eric:
I'm not following you with your quoted statement above.
25% is the total percentage of the entire mix which is correct.

Ed:
When you friend said too strong he may be referring to only the TH and not nic buzz.
The flavoring percentage is too high. The flavors maybe harsh and causing the throat hit.

Drop size for PG will be smaller than VG and the 50/50 nic. Drop size for the 50/50 nic will be smaller than the VG. So you will have 3 different drop sizes for the 3 different liquid consistencies. Not to mention the flavoring.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »
Eric:
I'm not following you with your quoted statement above.
25% is the total percentage of the entire mix which is correct.

Ed:
When you friend said too strong he may be referring to only the TH and not nic buzz.
The flavoring percentage is too high. The flavors maybe harsh and causing the throat hit.

Drop size for PG will be smaller than VG and the 50/50 nic. Drop size for the 50/50 nic will be smaller than the VG. So you will have 3 different drop sizes for the 3 different liquid consistencies. Not to mention the flavoring.

Breaktru:   2.5ml is just about 25% of his TOTAL volume of 6 ml and he is looking for approximately 6% or 0.36ml.

Offline gladheart

« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2013, 12:00:54 AM »
 hi
:wave: 
1st post
Nicotine 24mg/ml with PG 100%

Had made mistake before getting calculator and used the calculator to find out % on PG and VG the best I could from knowing  Nic PG amount and VG amount and  the total ml of finished amount.  I messed up on calculating the no nicotine PG, then attempted to lower the  total PG as much as I could and have 4mg/ml

Not sure that  what I attempted is accurate but it seems to be tolerable and no longer having negative symptoms.  Evidently I had a hyper-sensitivity to PG.

Thank you for the calculator and the forum

Blessings,
gladheart
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:08:11 AM by gladheart »

Offline suern

• My Signature
  • Started: Vaping Dec 2012; DIY Juice June 2013
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »
Hello,
I'm new to the forum but have been using the software for a couple of months. Great product!!! It is much appreciated!!
So, a few quick questions:
1. Is that real vodka used in recipes on the Water/Vodka/PGA line?
2. I know what PG is but, what is PGA?
3. Is there an easy way to compare which recipes I already have with the list on the website, so I know what I need to download?
Thank you,
SueRN

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »

Suern:

irst of all, let me welcome you to the forum. I hope you come to enjoy it as much as I do.  You will find the people here are very friendly and helpful.

To your questions:  Yes, that is real vodka and believe it or not,  the cheap, cheap stuff works the best.  Question 2.  PGA is Pure Grain Alcohol (Ever Clear).  And last, but not least, Yes, however, that list is very, very long and is being added to every day.  One way is to click on "Get Default" at the very bottom of the calculator.  That brings up an alphabetical list of recipes.  Pick one you want to compare and click on it.  The second way is to click on "web site" at the top of the calculator and when the selection box comes up, follow the directions to see the recipes as quantitative data on the extreme left side or as a normal narrative file.  Good Luck and Enjoy 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:56:27 PM by Erck89 »

Offline suern

• My Signature
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2013, 11:32:11 PM »

....is real vodka and believe it or not,  the cheap, cheap stuff works the best.  Question 2.  PGA is Pure Grain Alcohol (Ever Clear).  ...

Okay, Thanks for the info. Why would someone want to vape alcohol?? I'm not allowed to drink with my meds, do you get the same physical reaction to inhaling as drinking?

Offline gladheart

« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2013, 04:17:28 AM »
Hello,
I'm new to the forum but have been using the software for a couple of months. Great product!!! It is much appreciated!!
So, a few quick questions:
1. Is that real vodka used in recipes on the Water/Vodka/PGA line?
2. I know what PG is but, what is PGA?
3. Is there an easy way to compare which recipes I already have with the list on the website, so I know what I need to download?
Thank you,
SueRN

Hi SueRN,   Welcome!   I've received email  saying "A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by suern.)

PGA is pure grain alcohol as Erick89 posted.

There was a program posted about comparing recipes just don't remember where I saw it.

God bless.

Healthy and Happy Vaping
gladheart

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »
Why would someone want to vape alcohol?? I'm not allowed to drink with my meds, do you get the same physical reaction to inhaling as drinking?

Because it has a positive effect on the vapors.  You use it to thin the juice when using higher levels of VG since VG is very thick.  Juice that is too thick does not work well in some atomizers.  Water can be used to thin the juice as well, but alcohol reduces some of the sweetness of a high VG mix and makes the vapors feel lighter and less greasy. 

I've been using PGA to thin my juice for a couple years now.  I use Everclear 190 at about 6% of the overall mix.  The concentrations are not high enough to have any physical effect from vaping.  If you go too high on the alcohol, it kills vapor production.  Really 6% is about as high as you want to go.  You wouldn't be able to vape concentrations high enough to cause any level of intoxication.

I dont' steep my juice and vape it right after mixing.  So, there's no chance for any PGA to evaporate off.  It if did, there would be no point in using it since it wouldn't be in the mix when I vape it.  That's a considerable expense just to throw away, PGA is about 20 dollars a liter.

Offline Cajunsteaming

« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2013, 03:30:27 PM »
Can't wait to get this app and start mixing. What a wonderful s/w. ;cheers;

Offline breakstuff

« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2013, 07:38:44 PM »
Did you download it yet Cajun? If not see the first post for the eJuice website. There is a download link.
IMO it's the best calc out there. Good luck with your mixing.

Offline Cajunsteaming

« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »
Did you download it yet Cajun? If not see the first post for the eJuice website. There is a download link.
IMO it's the best calc out there. Good luck with your mixing.

:thankyou: :thumbsup: freaked_out:

This is GREAT!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am downloaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how to copy over recipes ...working on it!

Offline suern

• My Signature
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2013, 07:19:55 AM »
CraigHB  :thankyou:. Very interesting info. I'll have to try the alcohol as I am steadily increasing the amount of VG and decreasing the PG.

Have you ever tried vodka? Is it less expensive? Would you use the same 6%? At what ratio of PG to VG should I start including it on the calculator?

I don't steep either. Didn't know I could/should. Which brings me to ...

:offtopic:Breaktru is there a really good tutorial somewhere that could be called DIY Vaping Juice 101? I think I have the basics, but I'm really not sure - I knew about neither using alcohol nor about steeping, so there may be other stuff I need to be aware of.

Thanks for your help!!!

See you Florida Guys over on our new board!! Thanks to Breaktru - wonderful idea!
suern

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2013, 02:30:55 PM »
I've been mail ordering my PGA and I pay about $20 for a liter bottle; link.  You can find inexpensive Vodka for about $10 a liter.  You can use anything between pure water and pure grain alcohol so it just depends on how much alcohol you want.  Vodka is 40% alcohol, the rest is water. 

You only use what you need to thin the juice down enough to work well in your atomizer.  With 40% VG, I use about 6% of the overall mix, but you can use more if you use more VG.  You don't want to use too much thinner or it kills vapor production.  You probably don't want to go over 10%.

Offline Cajunsteaming

« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »
I have found that saline work GREAT too. I buy the nasal rinse saline 99.9 % and thew walmart to cut the VG down too just a few drops works and does not affect the taste..

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2013, 10:48:08 AM »
CraigHB  :thankyou:. Very interesting info. I'll have to try the alcohol as I am steadily increasing the amount of VG and decreasing the PG.

Have you ever tried vodka? Is it less expensive? Would you use the same 6%? At what ratio of PG to VG should I start including it on the calculator?

I don't steep either. Didn't know I could/should. Which brings me to ...

:offtopic:Breaktru is there a really good tutorial somewhere that could be called DIY Vaping Juice 101? I think I have the basics, but I'm really not sure - I knew about neither using alcohol nor about steeping, so there may be other stuff I need to be aware of.

Thanks for your help!!!

See you Florida Guys over on our new board!! Thanks to Breaktru - wonderful idea!
suern

Sue:

To bad I'm so slow.  I am working on a book, The Vaping Primmer, but it is nowhere near complete.  I was back in the hospital again and that certainly curtails work on the book.  They figure I had vertigo brought on by a sinus infection that got into my ear and went wild.  It actually made my BP go crazy.  When I went to the hospital ED, it was 221/131 and the diastolic pressure actually got higher than that at one point.  Can you spell aneurism?  When I was up on the floor I was in no shape to do anything.  It even affected my sight.   

Offline suern

• My Signature
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »

Sue:

To bad I'm so slow.  I am working on a book, The Vaping Primmer, but it is nowhere near complete.  I was back in the hospital again and that certainly curtails work on the book.  They figure I had vertigo brought on by a sinus infection that got into my ear and went wild.  It actually made my BP go crazy.  When I went to the hospital ED, it was 221/131 and the diastolic pressure actually got higher than that at one point.  Can you spell aneurism?  When I was up on the floor I was in no shape to do anything.  It even affected my sight.   

That doesn't sound very good! Hope you get better soon. I've been working on a vaping 101... gathering info from several different places.

Having some trouble with my keyboard!! LOL my granddaughter spilled my coffee on it...now I have true "sticky" keys!! :laughing2:

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2013, 12:10:28 PM »

Sue:  Here is a piece I did non the Vapers Den Forum.

Let me start by pointing out, no one forces you to steep.  That is your choice.  However, if you want the true flavor of your mix,  most of the time you MUST steep.  That said, this is chemistry!  Pure and simple, add a little solvent, mix in some acid, and marry it to a plant extract and you get an elixir that smells and taste like strawberries or some other human delight.  Leave that same juice to steep and meld and you have a strawberry jam like grandma use to make.  Why, because, this is chemistry, not rocket science.  Rocket science, you work your ass off to get everything mixed in just right, ten you stick a match to it's tail and you instantly have the final results of your endeavors. We, on the other hand, introduce strangers from the far corners of who knows where and ask them to play a symphony they have never heard before.  (Damn, I love these metafores.  I'm going to do this in the morning from now on.)  It's not going to be as wonderful the first day as it will after they have had time to practice. 

That said, let me throw a monkeywrench in too confuse things a bit.  There are certain flavors that, when mixed as singles, require NO steeping.  Let me reword that,  most flavors, when mixed alone require LITTLE or NO steeping.  It is easier to tell you the worst of the lot, than identify all the ones that do well without steeping when mixed as a single.  I think the worst is peach.  Peach can take from 3 to 6 weeks (Yes, Ethel, he said weeks) to attain that wonderful, sweet smell and taste.  I think this paragraph, BASICALLY, explains why we need to steep when mixing two or more concentrates into a vaping delight.  Now the process.

Hold your ears.  I'm going to yell.  DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT STEEP IN THE MICROWAVE!!!  Regardless of what the guy who has been mixing and vaping since 1795 tells you, don't do it.  Remember, I said these concentrates are made from chemicals?  Some of those chemicals have a very low flash point.  For instance:  The chemical that give you that nice Turkish Tobacco taste, has a flash point of 212 degrees F.  Now that is at full strength, but strange thing happen when you play with the chemistry set.  Throw in this and that and you may have supplied a catalyst that makes the chemical more volital.  When that happens, you will be down at the home store shelling out the money you saved for that new mod on a new microwave instead.   If you will kindly take notice; PG, VG, nic, and some of the concentrates are quite thick.  Unless you put some water or alcohol in the mix, these thick fluids are not going to jump into each others laps.  They are going to layer.  OH Yea, the guy in the back hollers out.  I shake the hell out of my mixes.  Try this.  In a graduated cylinder, somewhat larger than 10ml, if you have it (if you don't, make a 5ml batch.  It is important you use a cylinder), put the following:

PG = 4.75ml
                  VG = 1.75ml
                  Cherry = 1.2ml  *Use a concentrate like Wizard Lab's.  It is a bright red color
                  Capt. Black = 1.8  (A very mild tobacco flavor from Wizard Labs.)
                  MTS = 3 drops  **This is a flavor smoother made by Flavor Art. 

When you have these in the cylinder.  Put your thumb over the top and shake it.  After shaking, notice the red stuff is still isolated in the middle.  Now you have seen, with your own eyes, why we need to steep.  Now, put your mix into a bottle and cap it.  This is where the micro comes into play.  Boil about a cup or a cup and a half of water.  When it boils, remove it from the micro and put the closed bottle of mix into the boiling water.  About every 5 minutes, take the bottle out and shake it.  Let the juice stay in the water until it has cooled to the tepid stage. Notice, all the contents have mixed.  You just, at the very least, started the steeping process.  You can vape it now and get a better idea of how it is going to finish.  The longer it sits the better it should get.  Also, the richer you mix, the more important steeping become.

Without getting all PHD here, I think you should have a better understanding why steeping is necessary.  Remember, this dissertation primarily addressed the process from a mechanical point of view.  However, chemically, the same principals are at play.  I hope this has been of help and has not been b  o  r  i  n  g .  Also, enjoy the juice you made, it is really good.  Even for those who don't like tobacco flavors to much.

Offline ghinsey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »
 :thumbsup:  I just wanted to say Thank You Sooo Much For This Calculator.  :thumbsup:

This eJuice Calculator makes my juices more accurate, easier, and safer.  Great job on this software !!!   :thankyou:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2013, 12:00:56 PM »
:thumbsup:  I just wanted to say Thank You Sooo Much For This Calculator.  :thumbsup:

This eJuice Calculator makes my juices more accurate, easier, and safer.  Great job on this software !!!   :thankyou:

Great hearing that. Welcome to the forum and you are welcome

Offline babonji

« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2013, 02:12:40 PM »
i am really would like to say thanks for  eJuice Calculator

Offline Brazos

• Please Login & Post Often
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »

I just wanted to say what ghinsey said. I use it every time I mix. So easy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:36:41 PM by Brazos »

Offline mahiney

« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2013, 02:02:45 AM »
You didn't mention the amount of the 18mg flavored nic it is so I used 10ml as the amount. I have attached images to bring the 18mg to 14mg. This will change the PG/VG ratio from 70/30 to 60/40.
You will have to add 2.8ml of 25% PG (0.7) and 75% VG (2.1ml). A total of 12.8ml (10ml of 18mg and 2.8ml of 0mg)
Adding 2.8ml with zero flavoring will dilute the taste of your flavored 18mg, 10ml so you may want to also add some flavoring if you wish.

I quoted the above because I couldn't figure it out until I saw the percentages of just the 2.8ml, you had me there for a minute. (I joined so I could see the images.) So you just tried/found a number in ml's on Base 2 until the Results said the nic mg's desired, I think.

I just did a simple reduction of my 24mg nic (all VG) to 12mg nic... 10ml's of 24mg Nic cut to 12mg of Nic by adding 10ml's of VG. Easy enough, but then I used your Combine Nicotine Levels in your calculator and yes it's easy enough but I'll have to play with it to get the hang of it for VG & PG variables. This kind of math can get my head spinning.

I am digging this forum, read thru this whole section and learned a bunch! I liked where the poster talked about steeping and chemical layering/marrying. Sometimes it's just the way someone puts it that it suddenly sinks in.
Awesome! your calculator is by far the best for me to figure things out. Thank you!

Offline mahiney

« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2013, 02:27:27 AM »
  C:   I have a problem with the liquid you showed in your last post.  It appears it says 18mg per ml. I hoppe I just can't see the decimal between the 1 and the 8.  Otherwise you are getting 18mg of nicotine in every 1ml of that juice you use.  That would be 108mg of nic in a 6ml bottle of juice.  Pleeeeeeeese tell I'm blind.  That much nic could be dangerous.  I'm hoping for 18mg in the whole 200+ml bottle.

Is this confusing anyone else? I thought that the mg nic strength WAS per ml and not per bottle... so buying a 50ml bottle of say 18mg of all VG nic solution is telling me that it's 1.8% nicotine and actually 98.2% VG. I thought it is then 18milligrams of nicotine per milliliter of VG, no? Now my head is spinning... because if I then take 2 ml's from the bottle it's still 18mg of nic, not 36mg of nic. But if I vape 1ml of it I am exposed to 18mg's of nic, and if I vape 2ml's then wasn't I just exposed to 36mg's of nic? So why am I getting a hairball in this thought process? Percentages make more sense to me at this point.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:58:05 AM by Breaktru »

Offline mahiney

Offline Brazos

« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »
Now I am confused. I don't vape any Nic in my mixes but my wife does. She wants it to be 12 mg. I buy her Nic from Wizard Labs I thought it is 100mg per ml . We enjoy the same stuff but since hers has Nic it kicks my rear I hope I am not hurting her.  I guess I need to reread all the instuctiones

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »
Now I am confused. I don't vape any Nic in my mixes but my wife does. She wants it to be 12 mg. I buy her Nic from Wizard Labs I thought it is 100mg per ml . We enjoy the same stuff but since hers has Nic it kicks my rear I hope I am not hurting her.  I guess I need to reread all the instuctiones

The above mumbo jumbo about percentage, mg, ml is making everyone crazy.
Just continue using the calculator as you were. Enter your unflavored nic as 100mg Nic Strength and your Target Nic Strength as 12 mg.
12mg target is a light to medium nic strength. Not to worry.

Offline Brazos

« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2013, 08:23:46 PM »
Thanks you are one cool dude. I feel so much better.

Offline ANtlergoat

Re: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO-sweetener?
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2014, 01:51:45 AM »
Is anybody using sweetener? If so, what field should I enter it in? I don't see of the recipes that were provided with the installation using any.

Thanks in advanced.

p.s. Thank you fo rthis software.. I think you just made my life! I will be donating for sure!

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2014, 06:35:57 AM »
Is anybody using sweetener? If so, what field should I enter it in? I don't see of the recipes that were provided with the installation using any.

Thanks in advanced.

p.s. Thank you fo rthis software.. I think you just made my life! I will be donating for sure!

Welcome to the forum ANtlergoat.
Just enter it on a Flavoring Line as you would a flavor.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO

gfxgfx
gfx gfx