gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 19, 2024, 02:40:38 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO  (Read 541602 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
eJuice Calculator - HOW TO
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »
eJuice Me Up - Web Site

DONATE
Interpreting the PG and VG % boxes and where to put what.

Start this program by first selecting: "Run As Administrator".

The first line is for the unflavored Nicotine eLiquid. It can be purchased with a number of PG/VG based percentages and strengths. Three boxes are provided for that info.
If you use Nicotine already at your desired strength, enter the strength in the Nic Strength box and 0 in the Target box.
If you are mixing Zero Nic and flavors only, enter 0 in both the Nic Strength and Target Nic box.

The second line has a box for what Nicotine strength you would like your final result to be after adding all of your ingredients.

The third line (Amount to Make) is self explanatory.

The forth line (Water/Vodka/PGA) is also self explanatory. I rarely use this. PGA is Pure Grain Alcohol

The fifth through the ninth line is for the flavoring you are adding. I rarely use more than 20% flavoring, mostly 12 to 20% and that depends on the potency of the flavoring. If you're using more than 1 flavor, they should all add up to the percentage I mentioned. NOT 20% each but say 10% + 10% for two flavors.
NOTE: PG% and the VG%: most flavoring is PG based. In that case you would put 100% in the PG box. What you put in the PG or VG box is deducted from the amount of PG/VG you add which cuts the Nic down to the Target Strength.
There are only a couple of companies who do not use PG or VG so you can check the Flavor Zero PG/VG box on the Flavoring row.

When buying PG and VG, stay away from pre-mix PG/VG. Buy a separate bottle of pure PG (Propylene Glycol USP) and a separate bottle of pure VG (Vegetable Glycerin USP). The calculator can not accurately use a pre-mix PG/VG.

Further down there is a Target PG and VG.
The PG% and VG% boxes are to change the final eJuice PG/VG out come. In other words, what you want your eJuice to be.
If you receive a warning pop up to add VG or PG that is because the calculator came up with a negative number. Adjustments will have to be made. Say you have a negative for PG, you will then make the PG% higher until it shows 0.

Save your recipe.  You need to "File", "Save" recipes. Recipes are saved with a ".rec" extension.
A ".dft" file is not a recipe format but rather a Default setting file. A Default file is when you open the EJMU calculator and your preferred settings will be automatically there.
Recipes should be saved in the folder in which the software was installed in.
Opening up recipes should be done via the software. "File", "Open" and not by clicking on the files themselves.

Up on the Menu, "File", "Save As Default", you can now Save your settings as a default which will load your settings when the program first opens. You can create several default files by naming them what ever you like. Note: on start up, the Default.dft file will be called first. DO NOT use this to save recipes!
The button at the bottom which use to be "Rest" is now called "Get Default" will open a Dialog box to select a Default file that you saved.

You may find some recipes in a Forum listed in Percentages totaling 100%
This form of percentage does not tell you how much (how strong) to add to your recipe.
It's easy using equal percentages but the calculator is more helpful when using unequal percentages.

**GRAM WEIGHT**
When you first start up eJuice Me Up before entering a recipe, enter your gram weights that you measured out and click on: "File", "Save as Default". Keep the file name as "Default.dft".
This way each time you create a recipe the gram weights will be intact.

Enter two known values to calculate the two remaining values.
Note:
When using with a voltage regulator, I would like to point out that your current / wattage maybe limited to the maximum capability of what the regulator can output. So because the calculations say a particular value, that does not mean that you are actually getting the values shown. Check your regulators Spec Sheet.

eJuice Me Up Web Site: https://ejuice.breaktru.com

Epsilon Posted this great pdf over at ECF: https://ejuice.breaktru.com/ejmutut.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc0fWNLZ5L4&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPq-GPlw0ns&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkgPDcW1zMQ&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWWnzZlvE2c&feature=youtu.be

In Greek:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaF9KpjRgEg>

In Slovenian:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWStF6UU4DU&feature=youtu.be

What is the Warning Pop-Up Window about Negative Amounts?
See: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/140495-thumbs-up-breaktru-nice-update-e-juice-me-up-calculator-7.html#post3792291
Posted by mikespiked
I usually make almost 100% VG juices... the only PG is the flavorings... but I've had a hard time using the calculator when trying to do this. (see the attatched picture) If I input 100% VG for nic base and 100% PG for flavoring, it will still ask me to put in PG to the mix, and if I dont I get an error. I could just be doing something wrong though. Any help would be much appreciated.
The calculations are correct. A neg PG amount was generated because of the added total of 15% PG in your 2 flavoring.
Put 17.5% PG in the PG result as shown in the Pix below. This is the TRUE result due to the PG in the flavoring.

Posted by Randyrtx
See below... getting a similar problem with a 100% PG mix using 5% water. Where's the VG coming from?

Because you are adding 5% in the Water/Vodka/PGA box. 5% is equally deducted from PG (2.5%) and VG (2.5%) Result equally. It's the VG 2.5% that's giving the neg result.

Using Flavoring with NO PG or VG.
A new version has been released on 9/2/11 with options to check off ZERO PG/VG for flavoring.
Most name brand flavoring should be 100% PG but the option was added for a couple of brands with no PG/VG.
You can over install it and it will perform an upgrade to your existing version.
You're recipes will remain and not lost.

Search recipes for flavors you have or want to use: Search Flavors

eJuice Me Up software and files are copyrighted and shall not be reversed engineered:
  Registration Number / Date:    TX0007393971 / 2011-05-05
  Application Title: eJuice Me Up
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 11:53:18 AM by Breaktru »

Offline horton

Re: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:06:28 PM »
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!    Your post really helps clarify using the program..... Thank you very much!!!!!

Offline asnider123

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
Hi, excellent program, having problems printing. Gives following error when I try to print card:

Application has generated an error that could not be handled
Process ID=0x15c0 (5568), Thread ID=0x11e8 (4584)

I am running win7pro. Any idea how to solve this prob? Thanks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:21:15 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »
Hi, excellent program, having problems printing. Gives following error when I try to print card:

Application has generated an error that could not be handled
Process ID=0x15c0 (5568), Thread ID=0x11e8 (4584)

I am running win7pro. Any idea how to solve this prob? Thanks

Al, do you see the Printer Property Window or does the error generate immediately?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:21:55 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline melissajo61

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
how do I download the calculator?? Im a newbie and having problems

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 06:50:30 PM »
Hi MelissaJo,
how do I download the calculator?? Im a newbie and having problems

Hi MelissaJo, The direct link is: https://breaktru.com/ejuicemeup.zip
After downloading the zip file, either open the zip or extract it to a temp folder.
Then double click the setup.exe file to install the calculator.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:18:11 PM by Breaktru »

Offline vaperkarma

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »
I like the easy tutorial, it cleared up a few questions I had.
BTW, this program rocks. I have it opened on my desktop for quick reference.
Thank you for allowing us to use it for free.

Online Haileah

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 07:28:55 PM »
I have been using this calculator since version 1 and it just keeps getting better.
I'm sending recipes via email breaktru.

Offline rrtwister

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 10:01:51 AM »
I like Epsilons pdf on the eJuice Calculator.
Very informative. I'm sure it will help others with questions that they may have (you have to log on to ECF):

Instructional PDF:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/diy-e-liquid/31418d1299349575-i-need-help-breaktru-e-calcultor-9-0-version-ejmutut.pdf
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:16:12 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Online elzakivis

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 11:39:36 AM »
I have used all of the calculators and this is by far the best.
I was led to this site from several ecig forums and found that members claim that this is the most sophisticated calc and best.
I seen "eJuice me up? on the Aussie, UK, ECF, International, Thai, Danish forums by goggling around.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 08:23:22 AM »
I notice that a few user's of the eJuice Me Up calculator are miss-interpreting the Flavoring PG/VG ratios.
The PG/VG boxes next to the 5 flavoring lines are suppose to be for the base ingredient of the flavor and not the desired ratio.
Example: most flavoring contains PG, so 100% is required in the PG box next to the flavor.
You may want to view the "How to" post that will explain the boxes in the first post above.
Also, ECF member Epsilon has created a pdf which may be more explanatory: https://ejuice.breaktru.com/ejmutut.pdf
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:18:32 PM by Breaktru »

Offline ronlitton

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 07:58:09 AM »
How do I resize the eJuice window to fit on my netbook's smaller screen?  As it is now, it's too big to display, and I can't get to the click boxes at the bottom of the window, so I can't use the calculator on my netbook, and have to wait until I get home to my desktop computer.

Offline missyvape

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 08:38:14 AM »
How do I resize the eJuice window to fit on my netbook's smaller screen?  As it is now, it's too big to display, and I can't get to the click boxes at the bottom of the window, so I can't use the calculator on my netbook, and have to wait until I get home to my desktop computer.

Hit the Maximize button up at the top right hand corner. Then you will see a scroll bar to the far right hand part of the window.
Scroll up and down.

Offline vaperkarma

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 07:32:57 AM »
I have found that if I'm mixing more than one recipe, I can open multiple windows by clicking on the Desktop Icon again and have side to side calculator recipes opened. Neat!

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 08:07:24 AM »
Yes VK, you found my little secret.
Sometimes I mix 5 bottles/recipes at once. Open five instances of eJuice Me Up and place them side by side in order of the five bottles laid out in front of me.
This way I can do all the Nic filling at the same time. Then on to the PG, then VG. Much faster that way.

**CAUTION**
Just be aware of what you are doing and DON'T get distracted especially when filling with Nicotine. You don't want to accidentally add a double dose of Nic.

Offline Judeep27

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 02:02:10 AM »
Wow!what a calculator!It has many uses and very high tech.This is my 1t time to see a calculator as powerful as this!

Admin: Link Removed to Chinese website
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:43:40 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 08:59:37 AM »
Wow!what a calculator!It has many uses and very high tech.This is my 1t time to see a calculator as powerful as this!

WARNING! Judeep27
Please explain yourself... Before I ban you for posting what looks like spam of an importing company in China, using a Philippians IP address and using a profile with a Florida USA location....

Update: Member has been banned and spam removed  :no:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:32:40 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline lulu836

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »
I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake with your great calculator.  My problem in understanding is with the percentages breakdown when using more than one flavoring.  If I have a receipe that calls for 3 flavors such as 12%, 4% and 4% do I then break it down to 3,1 and 1?  That is assuming that I have made all the correct entries for diluting 36mg/ml nicjuice to 10mg/ml and substituting the 50-50 PG/VG for 80/20?

What I'm making even after steeping for 10 days bears no resemblence in flavor to what it is supposed to be and it seems to be a little too thick which has to be the PG %.  I would really appreciate your help.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »
I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake with your great calculator.  My problem in understanding is with the percentages breakdown when using more than one flavoring.  If I have a receipe that calls for 3 flavors such as 12%, 4% and 4% do I then break it down to 3,1 and 1?  That is assuming that I have made all the correct entries for diluting 36mg/ml nicjuice to 10mg/ml and substituting the 50-50 PG/VG for 80/20?

What I'm making even after steeping for 10 days bears no resemblance in flavor to what it is supposed to be and it seems to be a little too thick which has to be the PG %.  I would really appreciate your help.

12%, 4% and 4% is correct.
Post what you have and what you want it to be and I'll post an image of it in the calculator.
Include your 36mg Nic. Is it VG or PG and what percent is it. Sounds like you are saying it's 50/50?
I didn't know your final Amount so I used 10ml
What brand Flavoring is it? That would tell me if it's 100% PG or not.

As far as taste goes, a little experimenting with flavoring may be in order.
Thick? it shouldn't be thick if it's 80% PG.

See attached.........
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:19:30 PM by Breaktru »

Offline horton

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 06:01:26 PM »
I agree with Breaktru about the multiple flavorings.  It can be a "crap shoot" at times.  Sometimes a combination of flavors that you think will taste one way comes out completely different.  It all boils down to how those little molecules get along together in your juice.  Just stop and consider how many different molecules are in just a single flavor juice and go from there.  The more flavors  you add, the number of different combinations goes vertical.     
What I do many times is to start out with just one of the flavors and see how it tastes.  Then I'll add in some of flavor number 2 and check the taste.  Right then, with the two flavors  you will be able to tell if that particular combination is taking you in the right direction or not.  If it is, add the third flavor and give another taste.   Again, you will then see how the third flavor "plays" with the first two. 
Many times I end up adjusting the %'s even though in my mind I feel a certain combination of flavors should taste a certain way.  You have to keep experimenting and ultimately  you will get just the flavor you are looking for.  It may be completely different from your initial %'s. 
Using a drip tip can be very handy for mixing multiple flavors or single flavors for that matter.  With the drip tip, you can make smaller batches of juice and not waste the valuable nic juice or any other component for that matter.  You are only using a few drops at a time rather than filling a carto or cartridge with every change.   You also may notice a difference in the final mix between dripping and say a CE2 or a Boge carto.  Every device gives a slightly different vape and flavor.
Hope this little "tome" helped you...... horton -- out
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:04:41 PM by horton »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 07:25:52 PM »
Thank you Horton for your expert comment to this issue.
It makes a lot sense especially about combining flavors.

lulu, did my attached image of the calc help in any way? If you click on it, you will be able to see it better.

Offline horton

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »
Glad I could be of service.   
Making your own juice (to me) is an absolute blast.   Sometimes you  come up with a real winner, and all of the time you  have fun AND learn even if a "creation" doesn't quite come out the way you anticipated. 
I became so tired of buying juice based on the description written by a vendor (s),  which made the juice sound mouth watering, only to get the bottle and be very disappointed.  I figured I could disappoint myself just as well and for less money to boot!! lol  That's honestly  how I got into making my own juice.   It can be very satisfying to make a juice with your own two little hands that you want to vape all day.  It's sort of like tying flies or building a fishing rod and then catching a fish on that fly and rod combo you made.  What a very satisfying experience.
If you shop around a little, it isn't all that costly to get into DIY juice making.  I hope it's OK to mention a site, but DIYFlavorShack sells some very nice starter kits that have everything you need to get up and running all in one box.  What could be easier than that?  I bought my kit from Dawn and have been a mad scientist ever since.....lol.  Of course, I went crazy buying flavorings from all over the place and  I could probably make 50 gallons of juice right now!!  Once you have the basics, you then can start to selectively shop for deals.  There have been some fantastic deals on unflavored nic juice recently for example.  You only need to sign up at the different vendor sites and get on their mailing lists.  It's amazing how often and how many sales there are.
Once again, I've probably bored you to death with my over exuberance.  I'll just say one last thing (maybe).... you won't go wrong using Breaktru's fine calculator and some imagination to come up with  very tasty juices of your own.  And don't let one bum batch get you down (give it to someone you don't like --- just joking).  My juice may not come in pretty bottles (that's a topic for another day), but it sure tastes good and my wife and I enjoy it every day.     horton -- out           
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:35:23 PM by horton »

Offline lulu836

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 02:27:05 AM »
12%, 4% and 4% is correct.
Post what you have and what you want it to be and I'll post an image of it in the calculator.
Include your 36mg Nic. Is it VG or PG and what percent is it. Sounds like you are saying it's 50/50?
I didn't know your final Amount so I used 10ml
What brand Flavoring is it? That would tell me if it's 100% PG or not.

As far as taste goes, a little experimenting with flavoring may be in order.
Thick? it shouldn't be thick if it's 80% PG.

See attached.........

Thanks for the reply.  You got it right with the info I gave but I'm afraid I didn't give all the info.  I use 100% PG unflavored nicjuice.  So I change the 50/50 at the top of the calculator to 100% and go from there.  The flavoring is all from The Perfumer's (Flavor) Apprentice which I assume is 100% PG.  I just don't know when to use the percentages posted in any recipe and when it is necessary to go to the flavoring breakdown. 

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 07:42:59 AM »
Yes flavoring would be 100% PG.
For "Flavoring Percentage" (breakdown), see the OP (original post) up top. Next to the image of the F.P. is an explanation.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 10:00:42 AM »
I hope that the German Translate was correct.
Ich hoffe, dass das deutsche Ãœbersetzen richtig war.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:19:55 PM by Breaktru »

Offline marlow57

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 08:48:29 AM »
This is by far the best calculator of the bunch. I use this exclusively.
Note to user's. Take the time to look over the How to. There are a few users who have mistaken what the PG/VG percentages are and confuse the Nic ratio with the target ratio. Also take note of what your flavoring PG/VG ratio is and how that will effect the final target ratio.  :thankyou:

Offline geothee

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 08:52:19 AM »
This is by far the best calculator of the bunch. I use this exclusively.
Note to user's. Take the time to look over the How to. There are a few users who have mistaken what the PG/VG percentages are and confuse the Nic ratio with the target ratio. Also take note of what your flavoring PG/VG ratio is and how that will effect the final target ratio.  :thankyou:

I agree totally.  :yes"

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 11:03:19 AM »
Search for Flavoring

Looking for a recipe to support your flavors on hand?

Use this: Harddisk Search and Stats Freeware software to find it. http://www.harddisksearch.com/
This program does not need to be installed. Just extract the file contents into a new folder and create a shortcut to the file HDSearchAndStats.exe

In the folder line type: C:\Program Files (x86)\Breaktru Software\eJuice Me Up or where ever you installed eJuice Me Up.
In the Tab "Search Input", import file type ".rec" and ".rec2"
Type each flavor on a new line and HDsearch&Stats will search inside the recipe files for your search word or words.

Results:

Harddrive Search and Stats can be downloaded here: http://www.harddisksearch.com/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:20:37 PM by Breaktru »

Offline shirl

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »
Search for Flavoring

Use this: Harddisk Search and Stats Freeware software to find it.
This program does not need to be installed. Just extract the file contents into a new folder and create a shortcut to the file HDSearchAndStats.exe

Type each flavor on a new line and HDsearch&Stats will search inside the recipe files for your search word or words.

What a fantastic solution. I was going crazy looking for my flavors in a recipe. Now this is heaven.
Thank you sooooo........... much!

Offline marlow57

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
I am using the search software and man what a great feature to be able to find a recipe with a particular flavoring.  :thankyou:

Offline vaperkarma

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
Oh yeah! this beats opening recipes to find what's in them  :thumbsup:
Not only that, you can use this software to find anything in any type of file.
Great find breaktru and thanks for the link  :beer-toast:

Online elzakivis

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »
Search for Flavoring

Works great breaktru.  :thumbsup:
This is very useful indeed

Offline missyvape

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 07:18:15 AM »
How can I add the new recipes that you add to your recipe page and is it necessary to upgrade to the latest version of eJuice Me Up?

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »
How can I add the new recipes that you add to your recipe page and is it necessary to upgrade to the latest version of eJuice Me Up?

Recipes:

Info can be found at - Recipe Web Page
Recipe Files For eJuice eLiquid Calculator
WHERE TO PUT IT

Download an ".rec" recipe file and save it to your "eJuice Me Up" folder.
The default installation Folder is:
C:\Program Folders(x86)\Breaktru Software\eJuice Me Up\    
USING DOWNLOAD FILE

Once the ".rec" file is Saved/Copied/Moved to your eJuice folder
you can then open it with eJuice Me Up. "File, Open"
If clicking on the .rec file opens as text, either Right click it and select
"Save Link As" or hold down "Alt" key while left clicking on .rec file.

eMail me your recipe or ".rec" recipe file and I'll put them on the
site for downloading.
Don't forget to give your recipe a Name.

Should I upgrade:
on the eJuice Me Up website Calculator Web Site/ you will see a link called Version History. If only recipes were added for a version newer than yours then upgrading will not be necessary. However, if a feature or fix was added, then yes upgrade.

Offline JaneinMesa

Printing Q's
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
I'd like to print the table on 4 x 6 inch notecards.  Am I able to also print the notes?  If so, how?  Great calculator!  Thanks! :thumbsup:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »
I'd like to print the table on 4 x 6 inch notecards.  Am I able to also print the notes?  If so, how?  Great calculator!  Thanks! :thumbsup:

Just click the "Print Card" button. For notes you have to open the Notes separately and print.

Offline brettw

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »
I have tried downloading your calculator on my macbook and it dont seem to work when I open the zip folder it opens a text edit window with a bunch of coding. Anyone else had this problem?

Online FluGlone

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »
I have tried downloading your calculator on my macbook and it dont seem to work when I open the zip folder it opens a text edit window with a bunch of coding. Anyone else had this problem?

If I'm not mistaken... Mac Books run an OS X operating system and the calculator is a Windows software... unless you have Windows installed on your Mac.

Offline brettw

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »
ok no I dont well that sucks lol. thank you didnt think of that or realize it.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
ok no I dont well that sucks lol. thank you didnt think of that or realize it.

Sorry Brett. Flu is correct, Windows only software.

Offline brettw

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
is there a osx software in works? If not can use regular computer just hate using it lol.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 04:34:29 PM »
is there a osx software in works? If not can use regular computer just hate using it lol.

Sorry Brett. No Mac version planned.

Offline horton

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
I know I'm interrupting the thread, but I just have to thank you again for this calculator.  I can't tell you how much I rely on the calculator for tweaking new recipes and coming up with new ones.  It is invaluable to me.  Being able to do "what if's" makes doing DIY so much more fun, interesting, and satisfying. 
I don't know how you do all you do - modding, calculator, other software, etc., Dave, but I am so thankful for this wonderful program.  You truly are a huge asset to the vaping community and you have my deepest respect.   horton  aka  Matt

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »
I know I'm interrupting the thread, but I just have to thank you again for this calculator.  I can't tell you how much I rely on the calculator for tweaking new recipes and coming up with new ones.  It is invaluable to me.  Being able to do "what if's" makes doing DIY so much more fun, interesting, and satisfying. 
I don't know how you do all you do - modding, calculator, other software, etc., Dave, but I am so thankful for this wonderful program.  You truly are a huge asset to the vaping community and you have my deepest respect.   horton  aka  Matt

Hey Matt,
Thank you so much for your wonderful post. It's great to hear your appreciation. I rely on this calculator immensely myself. I'd be lost without it.
It's rough sometimes trying to all that needs to be done. Especially this time of year with my Payroll Software and the Tax withholding rates for every state.

Glad to be of service to the vaping community. It's my pleasure to help out. I need to add some more recipes. Haven't done that in awhile.

Hope all is well with you and the Mrs.

Regards,
Dave

Online novoleen

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 05:33:32 PM »

Ditto for me

Offline scope

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 03:38:55 AM »
Excuse jumping in on this one, my nic base is all PG at 52% nic, so I enter 100% PG in the first box..... then the last box on that line at 52% correct yes?

Target of 28mg nic

Amount 50ml

Flavouring at 20%

PG and VG at a 50 - 50 ratio!

Why the negative error to add more PG? if anything I'd have thought you'd need to add VG? I've read a couple of posts regarding these and it's still not hit the grey cells properly to make sense? I was considering a username of gump! Thank you in advance.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 07:50:13 AM »
Excuse jumping in on this one, my nic base is all PG at 52% nic, so I enter 100% PG in the first box..... then the last box on that line at 52% correct yes?

Target of 28mg nic
Amount 50ml
Flavouring at 20%

Why the negative error to add more PG? if anything I'd have thought you'd need to add VG? I've read a couple of posts regarding these and it's still not hit the grey cells properly to make sense? I was considering a username of gump! Thank you in advance.

Hi Scope and welcome to the forum.
Do you mean that the Nic is 52% like in 520mg strength? or was it a typo and you mean 52mg ?

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 08:36:43 AM »

Target of 28mg nic
Amount 50ml
Flavouring at 20%

I am going to assume it's 52mg.

As you mentioned there are posts in the forum about why the neg error. So I'll try to explain it in a simpler way.
You are trying to turn 100% PG into 50% PG. There is not enough dilution volume for the NIC from 52mg to 28mg. Plus you are adding another 20% PG from the flavoring. If the Starting Nic was a higher mg or the Target mg was lower, it can be done.

52mg to 15.6mg w/ 20% PG flavoring, 50/50 can be done.
100mg to 28mg w/ 20% PG flavoring, 50/50 can be done.
52mg to 28 mg w/ 20% PG flavoring, 73.85/26.15 can be done.

So........ with what you have, the Final Ratio of PG/VG would have to be 73.85/26.15

Offline scope

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »
Thank you for your help.

So as my Gump head understands it the PG being so high the closest I can get is nearly a 70pg 30vg mix!

So with that in mind would it pay to get the base nicotine in VG instead of PG? Or to get another nic base bottle in VG and halve the two giving a 50-50 nic base ratio!

I trust your familiar with the saying "a little knowledge is dangerous" lol

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 09:06:16 AM »
Thank you for your help.

So as my Gump head understands it the PG being so high the closest I can get is nearly a 70pg 30vg mix!

So with that in mind would it pay to get the base nicotine in VG instead of PG? Or to get another nic base bottle in VG and halve the two giving a 50-50 nic base ratio!

I trust your familiar with the saying "a little knowledge is dangerous" lol

That would be a good idea. Mix the 52mg 100% PG NIC w/ a bottle of 52mg 100% VG NIC to get a 50/50 PG/VG.
I buy 50/50 NIC and at 100mg. This way I can adjust to most any need.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: eJuice Calculator - HOW TO

gfxgfx
gfx gfx