gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 16, 2024, 05:37:45 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  Payroll Software  |  General Discussion: Payroll Software  |  Tax Tables  |  Topic: N.C. Tax Tables
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: N.C. Tax Tables  (Read 10512 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
N.C. Tax Tables
« on: November 15, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »
Customer.......
While trying out the Payroll program, I found that the state table figures that I was using for NC did not match the tax tables from the NC Dept. of Revenue. I went to their web site and found that the exemptions portion of the table for married persons should be based on multiples of $76.92 as mentioned on you sample page. With this change, the program calculates correctly. However, the NC Dept. of Revenue has recently changed the tax table to contain only whole dollars, not cents; i.e., $20, not $20.41. I do not know any way to get around that in the program, and I won't be able to use it without that change. Any suggestions?

Reply.......
North Carolina publication NC-30: Methods of Computing North Carolina Income Tax Withholding

There are three primary methods for computing the amount to withhold from wages. The wage bracket tables are on pages 20 through 61. The formula tables for the Percent Method and the Annualized Wages Method are on pages 14 through 19. These methods are suitable for computer processing. In addition, an employer may use any other method or formula to determine the amount of tax required to be withheld if the amount determined is substantially the same as that obtained by using the wage bracket tables. Payroll uses the Percentage Method which is an exact calculation. See page 14 of Publication NC-30. You can view or download from http://www.dor.state.nc.us/downloads/nc30.pdf
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:50:42 AM by Dave Giordano »

Breaktru Forum  |  Payroll Software  |  General Discussion: Payroll Software  |  Tax Tables  |  Topic: N.C. Tax Tables

gfxgfx
gfx gfx