gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 05:05:39 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Best Nicotine mix?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Best Nicotine mix?  (Read 19053 times)

Offline tomboy

Best Nicotine mix?
« on: April 24, 2011, 12:08:25 AM »
I have noticed on your Recipes page most the people mixing use 50/50 mix on their nicotine base. Is it because its easier to work with? Taste better? or none of the above.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Best Nicotine mix?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:30:10 AM »
Which recipe page? On the forum or the Recipe OnLine page with all the recipe's that are included w/ the calculator?
I personally use 50/50 nicotine and adjust the final mix to 50/50. I find the best of both worlds (PG/VG) are what I like.
Too much PG does not agree with me and too much VG is too thick to work with plus it's not enough throat hit.

Offline tommygun

• Cloud Maker
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »
PG enhances flavor and also throat hit. VG will give you more vapor, but less flavor & TH. I find that 80%PG and 20%VG gives me the best flavor with a and good vapor production

Offline missyvape

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
PG enhances flavor and also throat hit. VG will give you more vapor, but less flavor & TH. I find that 80%PG and 20%VG gives me the best flavor with a and good vapor production

I like it the other way around. 80% VG, 20% PG. The PG is too harsh on my delicate throat.

Offline tomboy

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 06:48:53 PM »
Sorry I was talking about the Recipe's that are included w/ the calculator. Most from what I have seen use a nicotine base that is 50/50 mix.
The two base nicotine's that I bought were 100% PG and 100% VG both 36mg. And I was asking about their preference. Taste, Easy to use, or for what ever reason.
I still have about half a bottle of my 36mg 100% PG base, and though if there is a good reason for having it 50/50 I would go ahead and order a 60ml bottle of 36mg VG base and mix the two.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »
Sorry I was talking about the Recipe's that are included w/ the calculator. Most from what I have seen use a nicotine base that is 50/50 mix.
The two base nicotine's that I bought were 100% PG and 100% VG both 36mg. And I was asking about their preference. Taste, Easy to use, or for what ever reason.
I still have about half a bottle of my 36mg 100% PG base, and though if there is a good reason for having it 50/50 I would go ahead and order a 60ml bottle of 36mg VG base and mix the two.

I made most all the recipes' nic base 50/50 because that is up to the individual to enter what they are using. The result PG/VG percentage can adjust the out come. Say your using your 100% PG nic, your recipe does not have be 100% PG, you can change that by adjusting the PG/VG percentage in the "Resulting Recipe" portion of the program.

Offline jgherb

• Vendor
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »
Generally the PG has a better throat hit and flavor than VG while VG can produce a little more vapor. PG E-liquid is the most common e-liquid on the market today.

Offline ronlitton

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
I mostly use eGo PVs with Boge cartos.  Because of that and the way I vape, I've found that I need to use 70/30 PG/VG mix or thinner.  If I use higher VG concentrations, it clogs my cartos and results in "burnt wick" taste because the ejuice can't flow to the heating element fast enough to keep up with my puff-frequency.  So part of your answer may depend on what PV equipment you use - one type of equipment may need a different blend concentration than another.  For instance, if I direct drip onto eGo atty's, I can do a complete reversal and use 20/80 PG/VG mix without problem, and if I use cartridges (I hardly ever do anymore), I need to thin it out greatly, by using a higher PG concentration and less VG.  I also find that different equipment makes the flavor different, even using the same PV - attys taste different than cartridges taste different than cartos taste different than CE2's, using the same juice.  And each requires a bit different PG/VG blend in order to work WELL and last LONGER (though all of them will at least work so-so for a short while with any blend).  So experiment and keep notes, and you'll keep getting better and better results, along with some useful experience.

Offline missyvape

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 08:50:23 AM »
Good post Ron, that makes total sense, thank you so much.

Offline gusvaper

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 06:50:26 AM »
Just received Flavors From JG my mix was too watery should I pre mix flavors to a vg or pg base

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:23 AM »
Just received Flavors From JG my mix was too watery should I pre mix flavors to a vg or pg base

No Gus.
See my answer to your previous post: http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,327.0.html

Offline gusvaper

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 08:30:01 AM »
If I have 36mg  pg  nicotine and 36mg  vg nicotine  50/50 would give me 72 mg nicome?

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 08:40:46 AM »
If I have 36mg  pg  nicotine and 36mg  vg nicotine  50/50 would give me 72 mg nicome?

You would have a 50/50 mix of 36mg.

Offline gusvaper

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »
Thank you!! so it does not change the actual nicotine value!!

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Thank you!! so it does not change the actual nicotine value!!

Only if your mixing different Nic strengths.
Check out the Nic Mixing feature in the eJuice Me Up calculator for mixing different strengths.

Offline jgherb

• Vendor
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 10:27:38 PM »
Only if your mixing different Nic strengths.
Check out the Nic Mixing feature in the eJuice Me Up calculator for mixing different strengths.

Thanks for your information. Breaktru Admin.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Best Nicotine mix?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx