gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 03:08:31 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: My Godzillamizer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Godzillamizer  (Read 8529 times)

Offline asnider123

My Godzillamizer
« on: July 08, 2011, 01:10:20 AM »
I know others have done this tank mod before, but I think I have come up with a new way of sealing that deserves mention:

I started out with a CE2 Clearomizer XL, cut 3 slits in it with the good old dremel, mounted it (clear tube and all) into MV's .5 oz bottle with top. Then (and here's the new idea): I took a lo-temp glue stick and cut tiny pieces off of it, filling the bottom of the tube to about 1/4" depth.

Next I put the whole thing fully assembled (including top, drip tip, and all) in the oven and cooked at about 200 deg until the glue stick melted into a puddle in the bottom, holding everything together. Remove from oven, let reach room temp, Bob's your uncle!

The way I figure it, it's kind of a waste to try and make the guts replaceable when the tube and cap only costs 59 cents. Might as well just consider it part of the CE2 and chuck it when it burns out. Well, that's my 2 cents (or rather 59 cents).

Hot glue is supposed to be non-toxic and it sure makes a good seal!

Filled it about 1/2 way with cherry pipe juice, and gave it a trial run. So far so good :)

I know I got this original idea on a forum somewhere, darned if I can find it, sorry.

Man, it's as big as my boxmod!

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: My Godzillamizer
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:41:16 AM »
Smart thinking there Alan, glue stick. Only you would think of that.
Great idea.
You know what's going to happen next. Someone's going to say that you stole their glue idea that they posted in Nov 2008... LOL

I've been holding off making a tank type cause I tried the CE2's and Storm's tank and wasn't impressed.
I'd like to try the "Stick a Dual Coil in a tank" method.

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:21:25 PM »
I know others have done this tank mod before, but I think I have come up with a new way of sealing that deserves mention:

I started out with a CE2 Clearomizer XL, cut 3 slits in it with the good old dremel, mounted it (clear tube and all) into MV's .5 oz bottle with top. Then (and here's the new idea): I took a lo-temp glue stick and cut tiny pieces off of it, filling the bottom of the tube to about 1/4" depth.

Next I put the whole thing fully assembled (including top, drip tip, and all) in the oven and cooked at about 200 deg until the glue stick melted into a puddle in the bottom, holding everything together. Remove from oven, let reach room temp, Bob's your uncle!

The way I figure it, it's kind of a waste to try and make the guts replaceable when the tube and cap only costs 59 cents. Might as well just consider it part of the CE2 and chuck it when it burns out. Well, that's my 2 cents (or rather 59 cents).

Hot glue is supposed to be non-toxic and it sure makes a good seal!

Filled it about 1/2 way with cherry pipe juice, and gave it a trial run. So far so good :)

I know I got this original idea on a forum somewhere, darned if I can find it, sorry.

Man, it's as big as my boxmod!

Ever thought about a career in Chinese manufacturing, Al?

Cuz they'd sure love you over there man....

Ya kinda lost me on the "...it's kind of a waste..." thought.

Huh?

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »
With a name like Godzillamizer, my first thought was a big, green, lighter-hack meets a MAP tank on steroids!!

Last time I looked, Godzilla made 33 sequels.

And then you go and fill it with ----- juice....

We're gonna have to work on your false advertising, Al!

:P

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »
I admire your inventiveness, Al....

But I'm still anticipating your genius to fully awaken!

Make something amazing dude and give it a name that'll attract vaper-wide attention.

If electronics are easy for you, I challenge you to build a plasma (Tesla) coil inside of a borosilica MAP tank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftvpMIhzgZ0

You should be able to do it using 2 tubes, one inside of the other and the inner tube holding juice.

Cuz THAT would be amazing, Al!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Offline SmokeRings

• Puff Master
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 03:03:01 PM »
Good one :rockin smiley:

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: My Godzillamizer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx