gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 11:33:36 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: The Godzillamizer V3 Revisited
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Godzillamizer V3 Revisited  (Read 13885 times)

Offline asnider123

The Godzillamizer V3 Revisited
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:55:01 PM »
This one came out so well that it needs a name ... it is based on the design by Breaktru's dual coil tank (thanks Dave) but uses a CE2XL carto instead.

This uses a 3/4" ID poly tank I had previously used (literally the same, I tore apart my old one and rebuilt it)

I read (possibly on this site, dementia you know) that the 3ml BD syringe was exactly the same ID as a CE2 clearomizer, but with thicker walls. I took a CE2XL and pulled the guts out of it and installed it into a punched BL 3ml syringe, cut off to the same length as the original CE2 tube. I left the wings on the syringe (you can see them in the pics) to give it additional stability).

This newly tubed CE2XL I then installed into the 3/4" poly tubing, using the same Danco 1/2 size flat washers as before. BOY!! Was it a tight fit this time (with the added OD of the syringe).

Here's what I wound up with:

Next I filled it with another syringe thru the original CE2 fill holes

It took a while with that darned small syringe needle, but it easily took 5ml of my yummy cherry pipe tobacco juice (from bluemistvaping.com)

Let's holdit upsidedown and shake ... no leaks at all

Well, the acid test ... does it vape? YES IT DOES, pretty well too

This is a working prototype .. but darned good!!

One neat thing is that no disassembly is required to replace the CE2 element when it burns out .. just attach it to a mod and wiggle like heck, the old CE2 element comes out and you just put another in, installing the silicone seals from the tip end afterward.

Cool huh? Cheap!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:33:12 PM by asnider123 »

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
Re: The Godzillamizer V3 Revisited
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:14:15 PM »
GREAT JOB, WIZARD!!

I just posted, at 3:35 est today, an identical item to this creation of yours in Dave's Dual Coil e-Juice Tank Mod thread.

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/arry-tank/173-arry-tank.html

Great minds think alike, hm?

Now everybody can see how much money they're actually saving by making one with Dave's instructional and your stability addition!

Offline asnider123

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 11:32:01 PM »
Cool!!!! How much is 18 UK pounds anyway?

Offline asnider123

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
Besides, does theirs have a turquoise tip? LOL

Offline asnider123

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 07:46:06 AM »
No, but its shell-less and will fit any tip that's designed for your model CE2.

CE2's without those crap shells are cheaper than ones with shells.

This other design also has SUPER-TOUGH acetyl caps which can be tapped for threads.

The conversion is about $30.

Next you should try installing a drain value with a pressure release value.

You can buy syringes that have luer-locks and have removable blunt tip short needles, like what you find in ink cartridge refill sets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/blunt-tip-luer-lock-tip-syringe-measure-line-6-ml-/120609086882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c14dc9da2

Just twist the syringe onto the blunt-tip, open the pressure release valve and suck out all of your juice and not spill a drop....and not have to disassemble the tank either.

You could easily mount the drain "plug/blunt needle" on top and the release flat-head pressure valve on the bottom, so you can flip the tank upside down and suck out the juice. And if the Dancos are stiff, you could even counter-sink the luer-lock connector so it doesn't snag on anything.

A spent cigarette lighter valve might also work really good too?

Are the Danco's soft rubber or are they stiff enough for such a design?

That would be kind of a pain to have to disassemble the tank, with an dead atty still in it, to drain the juice out of it not to mention possibly creating a mess or spillage.

Disassembly would also put a lot of wear-n-tear on the Dancos I would imagine, hm?

What? I'm not following you.

Offline asnider123

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 08:25:05 AM »
Times, your mind is way too complicated ... the whole idea was a cheap, easy-to-makee, non-leaking tank. Sounds like you are after some kind of steampunk mod .. I will do my dumb cheapies, why don't you do some building and make your complicated tank .. betcha it will sell .. sorry, your post caused my mind to go into overload, too early in the morning for something like that.

Thanks for all your cool ideas, some of them work out great .. I am happy with this tank already, don't think it needs any improvement.

Alan

Offline asnider123

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 06:23:19 PM »
Hi, just wanted to share that I have been testing this for any leakage .. 8 days and still not a drop .. really excellent design!! Thanks again, Breaktru!

Offline asnider123

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
13 days on the leak test and counting .. still tite seals .. this design is wonderful! Lots of draw, lots of juice, no leaks, no drips, no mess .. WOW!! Gotta get me more of those #1/2 seals!!!!!! Got lots of CE2-XL's to mod

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
I found that of the 4 tanks and washer setups for my Dual Coil tanks that the ones with the metal washers glued on to the rubber washers are a breeze to pop off, refill and pop back on. Provided that you beveled the polycarbonate tube.

Offline asnider123

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
I found that of the 4 tanks and washer setups for my Dual Coil tanks that the ones with the metal washers glued on to the rubber washers are a breeze to pop off, refill and pop back on. Provided that you beveled the polycarbonate tube.

I don't need to pop off seals to refill, I remove the driptip and use a syringe to fill up the CE2 as normal, allowing the tank and CE2 to self-level. Works great, takes a little for the inner and outer tanks to equalize, but once it's filled, it's great. And, being a top-coil, no syphoning prob. Happy with design, thanks Breaktru!!!! You are my inspiration.

By asnider123 at 2011-08-29

Offline asnider123

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 10:12:25 PM »
Update: 17 days and no leaks, but I did burn out my XL coil. With a little under 1/2 of a tankfull, I layed it on it's side, screwed a 510 extension on it, and pulled the guts out from the bottom. Didn't lose a drop. Pushed in a new XL atty, seated the top silicone seal, back in business!

WOW!!!! Breaktru, this is the best so far! Thanks for your design!

Alan

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: The Godzillamizer V3 Revisited

gfxgfx
gfx gfx