gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 04:31:36 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Flavourart Knowledge Base
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Flavourart Knowledge Base  (Read 18307 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Flavourart Knowledge Base
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »
See Flavourart Knowledge Base:
http://flavourart.hesk.com/knowledgebase.php?category=3

We produce 3 different e juice bases.

Traditional - Made with PG 50% + 40% VG and 10% deionized water. It is a good combination of vapure, fullness, sweetness.

Velvet cloud - 80% VG + 20% deionized water. Sweeter than all others, more vapure, more full on inhaling.

Ice blade - 90% PG + 10% deionized water. More dry and with less vapure than all the others
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:02:17 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
Re: Flavourart Knowledge Base
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »

Flavorart ran a feature flavor about a month or two ago for their sweetened condensed milk concentrate.  In their description they clearly state it contains diacetyl and should not be inhaled.  This waved a red flag for me and I only buy their MTS. 

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:40:49 AM »
  Flavorart ran a feature flavor about a month or two ago for their sweetened condensed milk concentrate.  In their description they clearly state it contains diacetyl and should not be inhaled.  This waved a red flag for me and I only buy their MTS. 

Yes Erick I am well aware of the Diacetyl in Condensed Milk. Although the few eLiquid venders that sell it have it marked "Not suitable for vaping", it should not even be listed on an ecig site.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 08:32:59 PM »

I agree whole heartily.  It makes most people shy when even only one product has something banned in the rest of the world.  I really want that concentrate, but can't.   

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 12:18:22 AM »
  I agree whole heartily.  It makes most people shy when even only one product has something banned in the rest of the world.  I really want that concentrate, but can't.

yeah and they use to make a really nice flavor called mellow and then replaced with mellow sunset which tastes like sheet and that was a main substace in one of me favorite concocktions

Offline Starlyte

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »
I've used FlavourArts products since I started mixing, nearly 2 years ago, and honestly find them to be one of the good flavor marks, but obviously not the only one.

They do have a composition list available for their flavors, so before judging them, take a look at it. And obviously if there was a doubt about diactyl being present in other flavors, they wouldn't have taken the trouble to mention its' presence in condensed milk, no?

I have quite a few of their products, and still buy some when I need them. It is unfortunate that they had one flavor that wasn't diactyl free. But they told us. How many manufacturers and re-sellers (one in mind specially) don't mention that there may be diactyl in our vape juice, which we mixed with care and attention?

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »
I've used FlavourArts products since I started mixing, nearly 2 years ago, and honestly find them to be one of the good flavor marks, but obviously not the only one.

They do have a composition list available for their flavors, so before judging them, take a look at it. And obviously if there was a doubt about diactyl being present in other flavors, they wouldn't have taken the trouble to mention its' presence in condensed milk, no?

I have quite a few of their products, and still buy some when I need them. It is unfortunate that they had one flavor that wasn't diactyl free. But they told us. How many manufacturers and re-sellers (one in mind specially) don't mention that there may be diactyl in our vape juice, which we mixed with care and attention?

it's really too bad such a fine company went and messed up one of my favorite concocktions maybe it had some crap in it? too bad I won't be buying that anymore I have been vaping for 6 years and mixing for 4 years and it's a damn good thing I have an imagination to create  raged:

fainting:

;cheers;

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 04:31:08 PM »
Everyone has different tastes, dislikes and likes with flavoring so the statement I'm about to make refers to my taste and my taste only ......

When I first started DIY mixing (4yrs ago) I tried LorAnn's and thought it was terrible. I also didn't like Capella flavors.
I found FlavourArt and did most of my mixing using ONLY FlavourArt. Yes FA Condensed Milk has diactyl as stated on their website so I avoid that.

I ran out of peach flavoring and could not find FA Peach anywhere so I ordered The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) peach and thought it was far better than the FA peach. I now buy my fruit flavors from TFA. I still buy FA tobacco flavoring.

I'm sure that there may be better flavor companies but I am judging from the only 4 flavor companies that I have used in the past 4 years.

The flavoring percentage will vary on the flavoring brand, flavoring type and how long it's been sitting around.

This is MY view and not an expert lab technicians study so take it with a grain of salt and do your own comparison.

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 05:34:11 PM »
Everyone has different tastes, dislikes and likes with flavoring so the statement I'm about to make refers to my taste and my taste only ......

When I first started DIY mixing (4yrs ago) I tried LorAnn's and thought it was terrible. I also didn't like Capella flavors.
I found FlavourArt and did most of my mixing using ONLY FlavourArt. Yes FA Condensed Milk has diactyl as stated on their website so I avoid that.

I ran out of peach flavoring and could not find FA Peach anywhere so I ordered The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) peach and thought it was far better than the FA peach. I now buy my fruit flavors from TFA. I still buy FA tobacco flavoring.

I'm sure that there may be better flavor companies but I am judging from the only 4 flavor companies that I have used in the past 4 years.

The flavoring percentage will vary on the flavoring brand, flavoring type and how long it's been sitting around.

This is MY view and not an expert lab technicians study so take it with a grain of salt and do your own comparison.

Yes thanks Dave. Can you get the calculator to take into account the variety of flavor strengths? If you can, you would really have something. Mixing is mostly to taste minus a little bit of math as so too not over or under nic oneself. I have every tobacco Flavour Art makes. What's your favorite tobacco recipe? Man that mellow they use to make was great it's too damn bad I ever tasted that. ;bow; :no: :wave:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 06:28:08 PM »
It would be impossible to have the flavors adjust to a percentage according to their brand name mainly because everyone's taste varies.

Just go to the comments on the vendors site for the particular flavor discussing what percentage people are using and you will see a wide strength margin used by individuals. I do that when buying a new flavor and never found a suggested percentage to my liking. Even the vendors recommended percentage needs to be tweaked. Usually UP.
Here's an example of what I mean. Scroll Down to Comments you will see one person likes it at 2% while another at 14-15%.

Here are two FlavourArt Tobbaco recipes at the percentage that I like:
http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,129.msg15437.html#msg15437

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 12:06:33 AM »
It would be impossible to have the flavors adjust to a percentage according to their brand name mainly because everyone's taste varies.

Just go to the comments on the vendors site for the particular flavor discussing what percentage people are using and you will see a wide strength margin used by individuals. I do that when buying a new flavor and never found a suggested percentage to my liking. Even the vendors recommended percentage needs to be tweaked. Usually UP.
Here's an example of what I mean. Scroll Down to Comments you will see one person likes it at 2% while another at 14-15%.

Here are two FlavourArt Tobbaco recipes at the percentage that I like:
http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,129.msg15437.html#msg15437

that's what I thought too. Calculators are only good for under and over nic% the rest is taste and experience. They are nice for sharing recipees though as well.  :thankyou: :beer-toast: :applaude:

Offline Bruce

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 05:12:46 AM »
 I am a newbie so please be gentle with replies. Is there a good site for absolute beginners with DIY EJuice? I am presently using a store bought 50/50 peach at 18mg/ml Nic. I really like the peach flavoring but the flavor itself is not strong enough for my taste. Also, the throat hit is too much for me. I was told that Kanger pro2 will not run a stronger VG ratio than 50/50. Supposively a higher VG will cut down the throat hit some.
   If I knew more about DIY I'd make a stronger peach taste, little to no throat hit and not dry. Plus then I'd get to try lessor Nic amounts. The problem with store bought (at least in my area) the product line goes from 18 to 12 in Nic count. I'd like to step down by 2 at the time not 6.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:23:26 AM by Bruce »

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »
Bruce:     DIY is great fun and reduces the cost of vaping drastically.  That said, I must break out the pin and proceed to burst the bubble.  The reason is, you have picked a flavor, Peach, that can be a devil and very frustrating.  An aside please:  Flavor concentrates are made from different ingredients called molecules.  When mixed, the molecules meld to produce a given flavor concentrate.  These concentrates, we mix with dilutents (PG, VG, Nic, etc.) to produce the flavor we want to vape.  If the store ended here, we would be happy vapers.  However, some of the concentrates play nice and rapidly gives us the juice just like we wanted it.  But, this is usually not the case.  To get that flavor just like the sample or just the way we want it to taste and/or smell, it must STEEP.  The steeping period can be thought of as a "maturing" or growing up period.  It varies from a couple hours to weeks and months.  And here's the rub;  You like peach and peach take 4 to 6 weeks to fully develop, or mature, to it's final taste/smell.  Peach is not for the faint of heart.  It can frustrate the hell out of you if you do not know what to expect.  But, do not despair.  There are things we can do to speed the maturing process slightly.  When you initially mix a flavor, a hot water bath helps the process.  DO NOT HEAT THE JUICE IN THE MICROWAVE!!!!!!!!  Some think they can speed up the process by microwaving the mixed juice.  DO NOT do this - - Some of the molecules used in the manufacture of the concentrates, have a LOW FLASH POINT.  For instances;  The main molecule in DK, Turkish, and other tobacco concentrates, has a flash point BELOW the boiling point of water.  When mixed and vaped as interned, no problems are normally encountered.  Microwaving is not a selection in the index of the safe DIY book of knowledge.  Ok, I think you get the idea that steeping is good, microwaving is not.  The excepted method of kicking off the steep process is simple and relatively safe.  After mixing and bottling the DIY juice, bring some water to a boil (that you can do in the microwave) and , after making sure the cap is tightly screwed on the bottle, put the bottle in the hot water.  Every couple minutes, rake it out of the water and give it a good shaking and return it to the water bath.  Continue this process until the water becomes just luke warm.   Leaving the CAP ON, store it in a out-of-the-way place where the kids or dog or whomever can't  get to it.  If it is going to steep for an extended period, take it out and shake it every week or so.   I think the only thing left to say about DIYing your peach is, go for it.  You will not be able to wait even 24 hrs to try your mix.  So, do it.  Just bear in mind it is going to change.  Speaking of change, you may notice the juice in you tank , even in the bottle, turning a darker color.  Don't worry about it.  The fluid is rusting or oxidizing and the color change is a normal thing. 

To address the throat hit thing.  Normally, it is the PG that causes the throat hit.  I suggest changing your base from 50/50 PG/VG, yo 70/30 VG/PG.  Also, cut your nic to 10 or 12.  You will never know the difference, except the throat hit should diminish and the headache you didn't mention should also go away.  It sounds like you are one of those people sensitive to PG. 

Last of the words of wisdom:  Each time you get a new flavor. Mix 13 drops of PG (or VG if you are doing a VG regiment (13 drops VG)) and 6 drops of the one you did not use the first time, and 1 drop of the flavor concentrate.  Shake well.  You now have a 1 ml sample of the flavor you  purchased.  This will be a 70/30 mix with a 20% flavor profile.  You will find out what it taste like and at what percentage (%) you want to use it in your mix(es).  If you are testing a multi concentrate mix, for each drop of concentrate you are going to add, decrease the base by a drop.  You are maintaining the n/n ratio while maintaining the flavor profile at 20%.  If you do multiple concentrate test, also, mix you PG and VG in the desired ratio and just add 19 drops or however many you need for the multi concentrate mix, instead of measuring out one and then the other.  Good Luck.  Have Fun

Offline Bruce

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »
You said "and the headache you didn't mention should also go away". No one can question your knowledge or experience now. Your right I did have some headaches and I did not mention that. Dead on! Thanks for the advise                           Bruce

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Flavourart Knowledge Base

gfxgfx
gfx gfx