gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 11:15:28 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: First Variable Voltage Copper Mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: First Variable Voltage Copper Mod  (Read 6529 times)

Offline Learfx

First Variable Voltage Copper Mod
« on: October 19, 2011, 12:27:30 AM »
Ok so I did my first VV copper mod,  Material used: 1- 4" piece of 3/4" L-type hard copper tubing, two 3/4" hard caps for the ends, vv kit from madvapes  ( Thanks breaktru )  510 gold battery connector, blue led, 20 awg stranded wire, 3 amp temporary on/off switch, 5V-2amp 120 v ac to dc wall adapter,  3/8" brass insert for 3/8" poly supply tubing for the cord to go through and a Zurn control stop button cover for some bling bling  :egyption:.  I used the wall adapter because that's all I had, I also use this mod only at home or in the car ( power inverter )I see no point in using batteries when I'm 2 feet away from a wall outlet. I can really appreciate the work that goes into making a vv copper mod,  It's somewhat of a challenge getting all that in such a small space. 

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
Re: First Variable Voltage Copper Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:20:32 AM »
That's a nice lookin mod, Lear!

But I'm curious.....

If you know how to wire a wall adapter into such a design, is there a reason that you didn't go with a semi-portable design?

Like using a threaded DC input instead of a direct corded connection?

Offline Learfx

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 01:55:06 AM »
That's a nice lookin mod, Lear!

But I'm curious.....

If you know how to wire a wall adapter into such a design, is there a reason that you didn't go with a semi-portable design?

Like using a threaded DC input instead of a direct corded connection?

Thanks for the reply, You mean like a cigarette lighter adapter? or a way to  hook to another type of dc power source?  I'm still new to the whole modding thing, Right now I'm just going with what works.  :D touch sensor mod is the next step I think, the temp on/off button on this mod sticks out and looks out of place IMO.

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:06:28 AM »
No, I mean a threaded DC input.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=DC+JACK+PLUG

WHEN you can find them, they'll accept a normal push/pull DC jack or a threaded DC jack.

Think coax cable and you'll get the idea.

This way you can disconnect your MOD from the AC outlet without having to take the cord with you.

Then you could just use a cigarette lighter DC input instead of having to use power inverter with an AC outlet.

Need a flush-mount switch do ya?

:yes"

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:03:12 PM by timesarerough »

Offline columbusbk

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »
I know this is old and you have built some really nice newer mods Lear, but I would like to say...  :rockin smiley:

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: First Variable Voltage Copper Mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx