gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 08:47:05 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: 3.7V MINI-ME box mod (simple)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3.7V MINI-ME box mod (simple)  (Read 10782 times)

Offline NewMod

• Better to vape then to smoke
3.7V MINI-ME box mod (simple)
« on: November 11, 2011, 01:02:59 AM »
Hi all,

I'm a newbie vapor and this this is my first mod.......THE MINI-ME BOX MOD
 I bought a Janty Dura 510 USB Passthru about a month ago and I wasn't really happy with it, it didn't really give me the kick that I would expect from a 3.7 v device. It was just weak!!!!!....connecting the USB helped a little but still weak!!!!!.....I really hated it!!!!.It just got weaker and weaker......so after many headaches, I decided to mod this sucker......and presto....!!!!....my first mod was born.

I just pulled out everything, I destroyed it completely...lol...but it was worth it, now it vapes like a LITTLE HERCULES!!!

I just pulled out all the wiring from the battery holder, took out the chip inside, cut out the 510 connector from the stick and only used the battery box and the connector, added a blue led light and switch and thats it. I used a dremmel to make the swich hole and to cut out the positive battery connection. I used one of the poles from my switch as a positve battery connection and shortened my spring connection to fit the battery properly( 10440 bat).

I plan on building my own passthrough next week a 5v and I bet ya it will be better than what I bought. :stirpot:

Overall this little box mod vapes great (its a real difference between night and day, in how it vapes now and when it was a passthrough) and looks great to in my opinion

Happy vapin Guys and Gals :beer-toast:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:45:50 AM by NewMod »

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
Re: 3.7V MINI-ME box mod (simple)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:33:35 AM »
Hiya NewMod!

Great newbie minds think alike! I did the exact same thing 2 years ago to a Joye 510 passthrough, 2 of them actually.

But if this is your one and only mod, be prepared for the day when the battery cover clip breaks off, cuz it will in a short period of time.

The second mod I made I've been using for just over 18 months and kept the USB battery charger attached for the first 6 months. Worked great, but got tired of the thing dangling so I just removed it. Technically, it could still be used as a passthrough, but I never found the need....I always just ran it off the battery.

If you consider making another one, you don't have to go to all of that trouble modding the box or removing the charging board (in case you'd wanna use it in the future?). You can use a round 6mm tact switch that mounts perfectly into the screw hole and solder your leads to the battery clips that hold the charging board. The leads will tuck down nicely into the 1mm spaces between the battery basin and the outer shell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-TACTILE-PUSH-BUTTON-SWITCH-6X6X4-3mm-SPST-NO-/390295724287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adf7020ff

There's also enough room left in the charging compartment (opposite end of the connector) for a mini-mosfet, so you don't have to keep changing out the tact switch every 4-6 months and should last you many years of happy vaping! This way too, you don't have to worry about insulating anything from touching the board or other components causing a short. Everything fits nicely and out of harms ways.

I also used the 510 connector from the passthrough unit. I just snipped off half of the ground shell, right down to the isolator base and mounted it flush with the box. But you'll have to snip off the output tabs on the charging board to get it to fit. But if I were to build another, I'd use a 510 shorty connector and leave the board in tact.

Anyways, congrats on building your first mod...looks great!

Got mine in my hand right now..... :beer-toast:

Offline NewMod

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:10:38 AM »
Hiya NewMod!

Great newbie minds think alike! I did the exact same thing 2 years ago to a Joye 510 passthrough, 2 of them actually.

But if this is your one and only mod, be prepared for the day when the battery cover clip breaks off, cuz it will in a short period of time.

The second mod I made I've been using for just over 18 months and kept the USB battery charger attached for the first 6 months. Worked great, but got tired of the thing dangling so I just removed it. Technically, it could still be used as a passthrough, but I never found the need....I always just ran it off the battery.

If you consider making another one, you don't have to go to all of that trouble modding the box or removing the charging board (in case you'd wanna use it in the future?). You can use a round 6mm tact switch that mounts perfectly into the screw hole and solder your leads to the battery clips that hold the charging board. The leads will tuck down nicely into the 1mm spaces between the battery basin and the outer shell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-TACTILE-PUSH-BUTTON-SWITCH-6X6X4-3mm-SPST-NO-/390295724287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adf7020ff

There's also enough room left in the charging compartment (opposite end of the connector) for a mini-mosfet, so you don't have to keep changing out the tact switch every 4-6 months and should last you many years of happy vaping! This way too, you don't have to worry about insulating anything from touching the board or other components causing a short. Everything fits nicely and out of harms ways.

I also used the 510 connector from the passthrough unit. I just snipped off half of the ground shell, right down to the isolator base and mounted it flush with the box. But you'll have to snip off the output tabs on the charging board to get it to fit. But if I were to build another, I'd use a 510 shorty connector and leave the board in tact.

Anyways, congrats on building your first mod...looks great!

Got mine in my hand right now..... :beer-toast:

That is awsome timesarerough!!!!!!!!!!!............... :beer-toast:

Yeah I know what you mean about that battery clip......its really not that sturdy..lol..gonna try to reinforce it before it breaks

I used a tactile switch beforehand  because I also wanted to keep the board on it to but it was still weak somehow, I gues my board wasn't a good one from the get go......I measured the voltage when the board was on it and it measured +-2.4/2.5.......and thats why I gutted it out....now it reads +-3.5/3.7. I wanted to re-use the tactile switch but I distroyed it accidentally and didn't have one laying around so I use a temporary switch that I had

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »
Good work NewMod. Nicely done.  :rockin smiley:

Offline NewMod

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 09:25:22 AM »
Good work NewMod. Nicely done.  :rockin smiley:

Thanks Breaktru :begging:

Offline Pantera

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »
Hey NewMod, whatcha been up to lately. Haven't seen ya around in a long time.

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
Nice one newmod i can see you've got the bug already thinking of your next mod............................and thats where it all starts.
Welcome aboard
Styl3®

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: 3.7V MINI-ME box mod (simple)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx