gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 12:45:42 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Pure Nicotine has been banned on this Forum
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pure Nicotine has been banned on this Forum  (Read 28081 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Pure Nicotine has been banned on this Forum
« on: November 26, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
A number of members on my forum have complained for allowing posting and advertisement of Pure Nicotine. Most are confused after they have visited the suppliers web site, including myself, of the different pure nicotine listings for different pure nic products as well as NOT having prices listed. I have been to many web sites based in China and it seems to be a deceptive practice of not displaying prices but asked to be contacted.

I have informed the supplier that I am removing the postings and will have to ban future postings. I am very worried of possible repercussions that may result from me allowing pure nicotine to be advertised.

breaktru

Offline horton

Re: Pure Nicotine has been banned on this Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 03:23:52 PM »
Good for you, Breaktru.  I think you did the proper thing by banning the posts.   When I went to the site you are referring to, I noted several different chemical formulas for the nicotine.  There should only be one!!  How true it is to say the site was very confusing and it irked me that no pricing was given.  Felt like it was some type of "teaser" to get you to contact them and then they would probably bombard you with emails. 
100 mg/ml is plenty strong for me.  Since I've been slowly reducing the amount of nicotine in my recipes (down to 10 mg/ml currently), a 250 ml bottle of 100 mg/ml lasts me a long time.  Soon my biggest expense will be PG and VG...lol. 
You have done something to protect our hobby and for that I salute you.  No need to be playing with fire and it takes only one incident of a person harming themselves or someone else to really make a huge problem for all of us. 
Thanks for looking out for the forum members and the hobby as a whole...... horton, out

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »
What he said ^^^^

Offline Benthirty2

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 07:33:59 AM »
freedomsmokes will hook you up propper and has the scientific data sheet on all testings of nic related chems.  Cant go wrong there and have great cust. serv. :thumbsup:

Offline Benthirty2

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 07:42:56 AM »
 one more thing is you prob know this but the government is trying to get their grubbly lil hands on the chems and regulate it.  somebody needs to but what happened to freedom man.  they cant resist getting their hands on everything that makes money or can tax.  theyll prob just tax it like regular tobacco tax and defeat the whole purpose of why most of us switched.  And that was for two reasons:  our health overall and cost.  But the big tobacco lobbyists hate it ill bet cause after five or more years of vaping its most likely beginning to effect that bottom line and they arent killing quota has gone down and you know that is just killing them :rockin smiley:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 08:35:09 AM »
The Nicotine I'm talking about is PURE 99% (990mg) nicotine
A few Chinese vendors  >:D were posting it here on this forum and I since deleted their posts.
That stuff will kill you if not properly handled or mixed  :no: Please.... stay away from it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:10:45 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline novoleen

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
I am a long time member of this forum. Mostly coming by to see what's happening. I did notice a few Chinese vendors posting their poison awhile back. Glad you stopped that. It can be misleading especially to a newbie who mistakenly buys 100% nic thinking that it is 100mg nic.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »
You are absolutely correct Novo, I have been PM'd many times both here and at ECF on mixing 100% nic. Most were confused and didn't understand that 100% is 1000 mg (that's one thousand) and that the 100 mg is 10% nic. You will most likely not find the pure 100% nic but 99% which is 990 mg in strength.

Offline SweetKarma

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 09:53:54 PM »
I agree with this 100%. Although I have a small bottle of 99.9% pure that I have had for ages and am using it up now. But when I do, the gloves go on, and I use plastic underneath so that when I am done, I can wrap it all up and trash it properly. However, I won't be buying anything like that again, even from a reputable seller. It scares me. Thank you for the warning- very appropriate and very timely as this opens up to a lot of new people. Thank you.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 09:45:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum SweetKarma.
I'm glad you understand the dangers of using such a high strength of Nic.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »
I think perfectly pure nicotine is like 1023mg/ml, but labs use a grade that's not perfectly pure so it's a bit lower than that.  In any case, nobody should be handling it without a full hazmat lab so there's no need to discuss mixing it as far as e-cig users go.  I can't believe someone actually sold the stuff to an end user at the retail level. 

Offline SweetKarma

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 12:44:10 PM »
Craig, I have had this tiny bottle for over a year. Unfortunately it's still available from the site, which I won't repeat in here. I totally agree with you on this. However I wont dispose of it as it does have its uses yet=at least until I can replace it with something more appropriate.

Online Squance

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 12:49:14 PM »
 freaked_out: just be careful please

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »
You should replace it with 50 or 100 mg/ml nicotine base ASAP.  I wouldn't handle the stuff at all myself.  Consider that only a 1/2 ml of the stuff is enough to put you in the hospital critically.  For a child or pet, 1/10 of an ml can be fatal.  That's like 3 or 4 drops.

Offline SweetKarma

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »
I had planned on replacing it when I get some cash moving again after winter layoff. Its I think a 6 ml bottle-with no kids around and I keep stuff like that literally under lock and key. It will be used up here very shortly as there isn't much left. No worries guys I'm not gonna kill myself or anyone else with it.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 03:36:04 PM »
Doesn't matter to me, I'm not the nicotine police, just saying pure nicotine is too toxic to handle without hazmat procedures.

I've read more often than I would expect about people buying the stuff to mix with and it's not a good idea if you want to maintain any sense of self preservation.  Any domestic seller knows better and would not sell pure nicotine to an end user, but the Chinese will sell you anything.  The government there does not enforce any kind of liability for public safety.

They'll ship pure nicotine overseas without reservation even though customs and carriers would have a cow if they knew exactly what was in there.  That stuff also endangers anybody who handles the package.  If the package leaked it could be deadly.

Offline trackemdowm

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 08:02:10 PM »
I have the pure nicotine but really don't like it. After quitting smoking it's not the same

Offline SweetKarma

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 09:06:26 PM »
I didn't say I didn't agree with you- I do, in fact. And I do take hazmat procedures when I use it, although I haven't detailed them here. I'm a farmer's daughter who has extensive experience with chemicals and their hazardous properties. I don't advocate anyone using it, and I agree with above poster- that it's just not the same as smoking a cig.

However, be tho that it may, my supplier is USA made. At least I have a clue as to what I'm getting when I order from them. The stuff I use is locked away in a cabinet when I'm not using it, and the only people here are me and my husband. Our cats don't have access to this area at all, so I don't worry about them, and when I mix they aren't in the room with me. My next bottle, when this is used up shortly, will be the 100 mg stuff so I don't have the pure stuff lying around anymore. I vape at generally 12-18 mg, hubby at 24.

Interesting..I got my order from another vape shop, and they sent me a freebie of 36 mg sour strawberry. Not sure what I'm gonna do to mix that to make it acceptable. Maybe use it to flavor something else I create here at home, since it's so potent. It's now locked away with the rest of my stuff.

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 09:35:27 PM »
I think this is a prudent move dave  ;)

Offline trackemdowm

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 09:42:53 PM »
If everyone knew how hazardous nicotine really was they'd never touch it.
It's a good move to remove it

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 09:44:28 PM »
If everyone knew how hazardous nicotine really was they'd never touch it.
It's a good move to remove it
I will second this  8)

Offline Boavaper

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »
 :thankyou: fainting:

Yes, its the "Oh my God, youve gotta be kidding me?---Seriously??" emoticon...again...

I am brand-hammer new at this whole concept but come on?? "Pure??" NIC!! Jesus...like 100mg (deadly) isn't enough for people to be accidently exposed to?? 990%??

I would be so jittery mixin' up a 30ml "apple" stash w/ that stuff, Id need a cigare....no wait--maybe a double Jack D. and Coke after I got finished LOL!!

As far as the "O-Momma Nation" goes---did you REALLY EXPECT them not to regulate/tax/whine, bitch, moan, complain, and beg Pelosi, Feinstein, Reed and the rest of those Freedom Suckin' talking heads to help them out??
Now maybe those of us in the pro- 2nd Ammendment crowd will have a bit more understanding flowing in our direction.

They are determined to squash everything down into a nice, neat package Hitler would adore.

Just like folks need to BE RESPONSIBLE w/ firearms, the same applies here.

Why isn't big tobacco creating their own Ecigs?? Stop crying everytime somebody slaps them on the a$$, and get w/ the program...

Mr. Admin: I might have DIED (literally) if I hadn't read this today :)! Great move!!

Offline David-Bowser

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 02:11:09 AM »
I have handled 100mg bottles and am not afraid of it.   I know what it can do to me if I get it on me.  So when I get what I need out of the bottle, I am standing at the kitchen sink.   I know how to handle it and am very careful with it.  If you are not comfortable with it PLEASE do not use it.  I just got myself anther batch of it because of the crap I am afraid the FDA is going to try to pull on us.

I use only 1.5 mL to make my juice at a 6mg in a 30 ml bottle.

Offline Galaxyrider

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 09:14:11 PM »
I'm new to the whole e juice thing.. are you calling 100mg/ml pure? Ive looked at the ejuice me up calculator.. Im just unsure of a few things. Hopefully there is someone that can help me get straight on this.  The Nic Im looking at buying comes from Wizard Labs, it doesn't specify PG pr VG based, or is it stand alone?

Offline Galaxyrider

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »
Just in after thought,  my dad was a research chemist. He never taught me much "chemistry" but me being 60 yrs old, my dad was definitly "Old School" and I was fortunate enough to have lived in a time when COMMON SENSE was a bit more the norm. I do know enough to handle it with great care, and to use a work area that I know is safe, and to take the proper precautions, use the correct PPG, and do a complete clean up when Im done.

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 09:36:56 PM »
100mg is 10% nic

1000mg is 100% nic

:rockin smiley:

:popcorn:

Offline Galaxyrider

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 09:40:48 PM »
Thank you, Im not a chemist, but I am into vaping, and want to make my own e juice. If this is also thing, Id like to hear back from you.
Phoenix

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 09:45:59 PM »
Let's say you are working with 100mg base nic and want to make a 18mg juice then you would want to use only 18% nic by volume in your final mix
Which is a total 1.8% pure nic in your final mix. Use Dave's calculator if this sounds hard. It really is easy once you get your head around the math.

:yes"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:52:04 PM by fsors »

Offline Sandman

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
I am newbie first post. I'm a little lost here. I bought all my supplies from wizard labs.The nicotine I bought was one 250ml of 13% nic. The second bottlle I  bought was 250ml of 100%. Am I safe using that? Thanks in advance. Sandman

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »
I am newbie first post. I'm a little lost here. I bought all my supplies from wizard labs.The nicotine I bought was one 250ml of 13% nic. The second bottlle I  bought was 250ml of 100%. Am I safe using that? Thanks in advance. Sandman

Welcome to the forum sandman.
13% as in 130mg and 100% as in 1000mg?  freaked_out:
Be warned: the 100% is very dangerous. I would NOT recommend anyone using or handling it.

Offline Sweet-Vapors

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 10:31:47 PM »
I have been mixing as a business since Feb 2011 and have no need to attempt to work with pure nic. The biggest thing people do no understand about it is, your margin of error amplifies the higher concentration of nicotine you use. The vapors from pure nic are deadly! To get it on you is very bad and can make you pass out fairly quickly, then kill you. It is not easy to dispose of either.

I see a few places selling pure, and it makes me sick to think about a newbie buying that thinking they are going to get nicotine cheap. Well, when you factor in the problems, it's not so cheap.
I use 100mg/ml, and if I simply did DIY, I would not buy over 60mg/ml.

Now that nicotine is around $50 a liter for 100mg/ml 10%, the cost is not even worth changing and the safety factor is there.

I have been using nicotine from heartlandvapes.com for about a year now and have been very pleased with how every batch tests out. They sell liters for $49.99 and if you buy bottles or flavorings to go with it and make your order over $75, you get free shipping too. You can also buy lower level nic cheaper there as well.

With all the garbage going around and some vendors using scare tactics to sway people to use their juices, I see the FDA making this a pharmaceutically controlled industry before long and only big tobacco able to produce liquids (and we can certainly trust them LOL)

Online missyvape

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 10:11:52 AM »
That is scary  freaked_out:
I never thought about the vapors from pure nic. Anyway, I've stood clear of high strength nic.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Pure Nicotine has been banned on this Forum

gfxgfx
gfx gfx