gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 18, 2024, 04:48:13 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Extreme voltage range mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Extreme voltage range mod  (Read 17070 times)

Offline pnguin

Extreme voltage range mod
« on: January 13, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »
I guess when I ordered the regulator I was concentrating on the low end V in and not V out. When the supplier said Min 3 volts in and 4-35 volts out they were not joking. I hooked up the new volt meter, mashed the button and it read 23.67 volts. WHAT! *&%$ brand new meter that far off? Got the old analog meter out... son of a gun 23 volts. Got it up to 26V before the switch started arcing. Shut the power off and dialed it back and took the readings in the pictures. At 17V the switch started sticking so 16.57 is were I stopped. Hows that for monster high voltage vaping. Before I hooked up the meter I stuck a 2.8 ohm fluxomizer on and took a couple of hits at 23V. The fluxo still works! Thank goodness the max current out is 2.5 amps. Now I too have a super secret ultra wide range regulator just like Breaktru. Soon we will rule the world ( insert evil laugh here).

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Extreme voltage range mod
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »
I guess when I ordered the regulator I was concentrating on the low end V in and not V out. When the supplier said Min 3 volts in and 4-35 volts out they were not joking. I hooked up the new volt meter, mashed the button and it read 23.67 volts. WHAT! *&%$ brand new meter that far off? Got the old analog meter out... son of a gun 23 volts. Got it up to 26V before the switch started arcing. Shut the power off and dialed it back and took the readings in the pictures. At 17V the switch started sticking so 16.57 is were I stopped. Hows that for monster high voltage vaping. Before I hooked up the meter I stuck a 2.8 ohm fluxomizer on and took a couple of hits at 23V. The fluxo still works! Thank goodness the max current out is 2.5 amps. Now I too have a super secret ultra wide range regulator just like Breaktru. Soon we will rule the world ( insert evil laugh here).

That's funny...  Rule the world...  :laughing2:

How about tweaking it down a bit. Ya don't wanna accidentally blow out your attys

Offline pnguin

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:22:16 PM »
I usually vape between 4.25V and 4.8V. It just amazed me the regulator could go that high on one 14500 battery, and that a cartomizer could survive 23 volts.

Offline DjKiDD

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:36:41 PM »
What regulator was this?

Online Mimms

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
What regulator was this?

Sounds like an LM board like the LM2577 which is 4-35v output and 2.5A max

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »

Offline andy105

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:42:07 PM »
I think you want more power.
Ti just released a new 25 amp module with a cool evaluation board its tiny too
lm27403
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/video/Portal.tsp?entryid=0_m8tk1zfo&lang=en&DCMP=sva-ppd-nps-lm27403-en&HQS=sva-ppd-nps-lm27403-em-v-en&sp_rid_pod4=NzE1Njk5MTA5NzQS1&sp_mid_pod4=44331145
whoa now this is in the ballpark im looking at when i'm making my first box mod. Is there another way of increasing amps? i just seen a vv box from the philippines that can run sub ohms of .1

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »
what box mod was that i am in the philippines,

Offline andy105

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
im not quite sure what the name is, it is being however made by Doge pipe masterwork and is being made specailly for a shop down here in california but its crazy they charge will and arm and leg for it and thats something i cant afford so im on the venture of making my own but i dont know where to start

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »
ah that mod,
i think that one is very similar to the evercool mod by breaktru..uses the same chip,if i recall right..

well ideally having something built 0.1 ohm is crazy dangerous,
lowest i built mine is 0.3 ohms..

try looking for the evercool mod.thats one cool mod that you can build below $5 (without the case and voltmeter.)
plus its easy to do,and it does fire sub ohms,

proably breaktru will see this and give more light to it.

Offline andy105

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »
ah that mod,
i think that one is very similar to the evercool mod by breaktru..uses the same chip,if i recall right..

well ideally having something built 0.1 ohm is crazy dangerous,
lowest i built mine is 0.3 ohms..

try looking for the evercool mod.thats one cool mod that you can build below $5 (without the case and voltmeter.)

proably breaktru will see this and give more light to it.
haha man im on some unnecessary coils but some local are coming up with their own wires, stuff that acts like 20 awg but can mount like 26 awg people doing micro coils with them and running it at .15-.25 ohms on their normal builds running off of the sony 30 amps and their group all just got a bunch of ATB and they all run some crazy builds on it

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 01:58:40 PM »
hahhaha lol
i can relate to that we have wires with crazy names on them from bakero to atomic...
there are reason they use such batteries thou,...
such builds won;t be suitable for your everyday batteries..
atb is a very solid mod,but the solder joints i think are too weak,i was able to melt one of them...

well as long as you know what you are doing and not crazy enough to blow the batteries on you face you will be ok,.,.

microcoils are great even if it runs like 0.4 ohms...hahahahha not even necessary to do lower than that me thinks, :)

Offline andy105

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 03:16:41 AM »

With the ever cool is it using the TI PTR08100W what makes an ever cool mod an evercool? and with that the amp limit is 10 are there other regulators that have higher amp limits. sorry for the mess of question im new to this

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 05:16:38 AM »
im not quite sure what the name is, it is being however made by Doge pipe masterwork and is being made specailly for a shop down here in california but its crazy they charge will and arm and leg for it and thats something i cant afford so im on the venture of making my own but i dont know where to start

I took a look on fb at his mods beautifully done.

If I was a safety inspector I would fail them right away.  Switches need isolation from death results..  Its already bad enough we're putting more than 1 amp that close to our mouths but 40 amps with liquids and saliva... :laughing2:

Offline andy105

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 05:49:37 AM »
I took a look on fb at his mods beautifully done.

If I was a safety inspector I would fail them right away.  Switches need isolation from death results.:laughing2:
what do you mean by switches need isolation from death results? sorry im new to all of this, but from the sound of it doesn't sound good looks like vv and sub ohms dont go along

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 06:46:15 AM »
The switch is not isolated from the circuit.  I was being dramatic but as a rudimentary OSHA that would be the report on a 40 amp mod.  If he used a wood or plastic button-top and put the metal under it then it isolates the switch and takes your body out that circuit.

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »
With the ever cool is it using the TI PTR08100W what makes an ever cool mod an evercool? and with that the amp limit is 10 are there other regulators that have higher amp limits. sorry for the mess of question im new to this

yup..
the mod i think was called evercool,was because it never heats up even with continuos use,which is say is true,the evercool i did a few years back was housed in a carton box and only real reinforcement it had was a plastic stirp on the switch side.....
sorry dunno any chip that has a higher amp limit... :(

Offline pnguin

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »
Wow. Topic resurrection. It has been a long time but Yes it was a Chinese LM2577 board. The drain was too high in the end so I took it out and used it in a bench top power supply made from a computer atx.

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 03:51:03 PM »
Wow. Topic resurrection. It has been a long time but Yes it was a Chinese LM2577 board. The drain was too high in the end so I took it out and used it in a bench top power supply made from a computer atx.

hahahha
well i guess in vaping the old things get resurrected a lot... :)

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 07:43:07 PM »
If I was a safety inspector I would fail them right away.  Switches need isolation from death results..  Its already bad enough we're putting more than 1 amp that close to our mouths but 40 amps with liquids and aliva...

It's not the high currents that are a concern, but high voltage.  Since we don't use high voltage in these devices, there's not concern with electrical isolation.  Now for a passhru that uses a wall wart, there is.  In that case you want to make sure you are using a properly isolated AC adapter.

To look at it in terms of Ohms law, a current flow of only about 20mA is deadly, but the human body has pretty high resistance.  Perfectly dry skin is usually around 2 Megaohms.  Easy enough to measure with a meter.  A current flow of 20mA would require a voltage of 40kV.   However, contact resistance drops greatly if your hands are wet or greasy.  It that case it can drop as low as a few thousand Ohms requiring only about 100 Volts to kill.  This is why more people per capita are electrocuted by household power than people working with high voltages for a living.  People are most careless with the low voltage stuff.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 10:00:37 PM »
We play/test our wiggin by lickin our fingers and the continuity light, lights up.   

OSHA  "is the difference between theoretical physics and applied physics. " 
Our demands  makes sense but piss people off :laughing2:

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Extreme voltage range mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx