gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 01:28:14 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  Payroll Software  |  General Discussion: Payroll Software  |  Upgrade  |  Topic: Update for same years software
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Update for same years software  (Read 10040 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Update for same years software
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
Customer.......
Do I need to uninstall the existing version before installing the update version and what will happen to my employee's files.

P.S.
I love this software. I have tried many other payroll software and find this the easiest to work with.

Thanks, Sharon

Reply........
1) First follow the Backup instructions in the Help file before anything else. You should back up regularly.
2) You can install the new version over the old one or you can uninstall Payroll by going to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. The created "User" files will NOT be deleted because these files were created after installation. The folder will not delete because the created files will still remain.
3) Install the New version. Make sure it installs to the same folder that you have your user (employee) files in. The default folder is C:\Payroll 20XX. (if this is where you installed it). If your Windows or WINNT folder is on a different drive such as D:\ the default folder would be D:\Payroll 20XX.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:43:20 AM by Breaktru »

Breaktru Forum  |  Payroll Software  |  General Discussion: Payroll Software  |  Upgrade  |  Topic: Update for same years software

gfxgfx
gfx gfx