gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 07:41:13 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Battery  |  Topic: Battery Questions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Battery Questions  (Read 8701 times)

Offline Dznutz

• Always learning
Battery Questions
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:04:54 PM »
Ok so I got my PTN04050c 5V mod done  :beer-toast::thankyou: to all who helped on that. Okay so on to the questions.

Using 14500 3.7 900 mah (Trustfire) I believe the PTN minimal in is 3.7  so when my batteries drop below that the mod stops working correct?

Okay I have batteries with 3.6v in them is there a way to discharge them or just toss them back into the charger to "top" them off. (Looking for longest battery life)

How long should a battery last in this mod? so far its been about 5 hours with moderate to heavy vaping. Is that to short?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: Battery Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »
Li-Ion batteries are not sensitive to how they are cycled and do not require any kind of charging regiment.  You can charge them anytime at any voltage level.  So yea, just throw them back in the charger when they get too low for the booster.

I think you're confusing Li-Ion batteries with with NiMH or NiCad batts which need to be fully cycled to avoid "charge memory".   For Li-Ions, they actually wear less when not discharged deeply.

I'm a heavy vaper and use about 250mAh per hour so a 900mAh 14500 would last me a little under 4 hours.  So, it depends on how you vape.  For me, 5 hours would be excellent.  For a light vaper, 5 hours might be low.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:57:59 PM by CraigHB »

Offline Dznutz

• Always learning
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »
Li-Ion batteries are not sensitive to how they are cycled and do not require any kind of charging regiment.  You can charge them anytime at any voltage level.  So yea, just throw them back in the charger when they get too low for the booster.

I think you're confusing Li-Ion batteries with with NiMH or NiCad batts which need to be fully cycled to avoid "charge memory".   For Li-Ions, they actually wear less when not discharged deeply.

I'm a heavy vaper and use about 250mAh per hour so a 900mAh 14500 would last me a little under 4 hours.  So, it depends on how you vape.  For me, 5 hours would be excellent.  For a light vaper, 5 hours might be low.

Thanks CraigHB you answered my question and I was doing a little bit more vaping then moderate a new toy what can I say.   So I did hit up the net and what I found agrees with every thing you said so thank you for the second on that.

Offline vaperkarma

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
Thanks Craig for the info...  :thankyou:

Offline novoleen

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »
How low can I go before I should put my batteries on the charger? Is it the same for Li-ion trustfires, AW IMR and AW IC

Offline Dznutz

• Always learning
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 09:37:39 AM »
I have been using mine for 6 months now, the board will cut out at 2.95 volts and your batteries should never go 2.5 or below. When the board cuts out just count your battery as dead and swap it out. I have had great success using this method as all of by batteries last just as long now as they did when I first started using the mod.

Offline novoleen

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »
Thank you DZ for the info

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Battery  |  Topic: Battery Questions

gfxgfx
gfx gfx