gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 08:39:02 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: okr-t/3
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: okr-t/3  (Read 30643 times)

Offline jester

okr-t/3
« on: March 09, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »
hi again thought that i would put some more pictures up of the mods that i have done and am quite proud of  :laughing2: hope that you like them lol. i used the okr-t/3 i thought that it would be alot harder to bend the pins but it was quite easy, the one with the 18650 batteries lasted me over a day and i am a HEAVY vapour  :thumbsup: i would recommend these to anyone they are wicked!!!!!  i am getting up to 6.5 volts out of it and the throat hit is brilliant i am well chuffed, parts list
the okr-t/3
2 10uf capacitors
200hm resistor as didn`t have a 220hm one
200hm potentiometer
madvapes mini board
if anyone has any questions please don`t hesitate to get in touch with me
i recommend all of the above for a WICKED mod trust me it is excellent and soooo easy to make lol  :applaude:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:27:08 PM by jester »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: okr-t/3
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
 :beer-toast: congratulations on your OKR mod. Very nice  :applaude:
What atty/carto are you using?
The 6.5 v out is the result of the 200 ohm fixed.

Offline jester

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:44:38 PM »
sorry i meant too put 3.5 to 6.5 with a 200ohm fixed resistor and 200ohm pot .i use it about 5 to 5.5 with a 2 or 2.5 ohm carto tank as i am out with kids a lot of the day.i did trie it with a3.2ohm  carto at 6.5 it was abit to much for me .i no why not make it fixed 5 volt its not as much fun :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:54:21 AM by jester »

Offline Haileah

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »
Very nice mod. Bet it vapes like a champ. :applaude:

Offline jester

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:16:45 PM »
i use this alot when i am out  as it as a good throat

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »
Whats the pin arrangement is it
2=input +
3= negative
4= output +
5= adjust

cheers
Styl3r

Offline jester

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
if you have got the writing facing upwards then you work from right to left. bend your pins before you do any of the soldering it makes it easier and let me know how you get on with it wheather you succeeded i`m t homeknow so if you have any questions then feel free to e-mail me, good luck lol jimmy

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »
I normally use the ptr08100w but stock issues so thought i might use this but the okr t/6 as 6 amps is a better level to work with . It's the same layout as the PTR but 10 uf caps instead of 100 uf.
Cheers
Styl3r

Heres mine been making these for a while now with 3d carbon fibre rap in 16 colours and red voltmeter and neon behind an ego-t connector.

Offline jester

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »
they are well nice i`m having problems with getting a ptr 08100 do you know anywhere to get the battery boxes from that your using without having to go through to hong kong?  :beer-toast: lol

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 01:17:16 PM »
I normally use the ptr08100w but stock issues so thought i might use this but the okr t/6 as 6 amps is a better level to work with . It's the same layout as the PTR but 10 uf caps instead of 100 uf.
Cheers
Styl3r

Heres mine been making these for a while now with 3d carbon fibre rap in 16 colours and red voltmeter and neon behind an ego-t connector.

Impressive. Excellent look

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys only place for the boxes is the slow boat from China i'm afraid. I am having stock issues now on the ptr08100w and ptr08060w seems worldwide shortage nothing in the UK and i checked as many other sites as possible. I think RSonline are stocking soon but their prices are always abit steep.

Styl3r

Online ChainVaper

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »
I thought that you didn't need any caps on the OKR.
I've seen several mods with no caps.  :Thinking:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »
Quote from datasheet:

Recommended Input Filtering
The user must assure that the input source has low AC impedance to provide
dynamic stability and that the input supply has little or no inductive content,
including long distributed wiring to a remote power supply. The converter will
operate with no additional external capacitance if these conditions are met.
        For best performance, we recommend installing a low-ESR capacitor
immediately adjacent to the converter’s input terminals. The capacitor should
be a ceramic type such as the Murata GRM32 series or a polymer type. Initial
suggested capacitor values are 10 to 22 ?F, rated at twice the expected maximum
input voltage. Make sure that the input terminals do not go below the
undervoltage shutdown voltage at all times. More input bulk capacitance may
be added in parallel (either electrolytic or tantalum) if needed.

Recommended Output Filtering
The converter will achieve its rated output ripple and noise with no additional
external capacitor. However, the user may install more external output capacitance
to reduce the ripple even further or for improved dynamic response.
Again, use low-ESR ceramic (Murata GRM32 series) or polymer capacitors.
Initial values of 10 to 47 ?F may be tried, either single or multiple capacitors in
parallel. Mount these close to the converter. Measure the output ripple under
your load conditions.
    Use only as much capacitance as required to achieve your ripple and noise
objectives. Excessive capacitance can make step load recovery sluggish or
possibly introduce instability. Do not exceed the maximum rated output capacitance
listed in the specifi cations.

Offline jester

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 04:01:45 AM »
i have made 2 mods using the okr 1 with 18650 bats and no caps . 1 with 18500 bats and 10 uf tantalum caps  the 1 with caps last the best .i am going to see how it lasts without caps and then add them. in the trend i used it said you did not need them but i am reading data sheets first with all of my mods.i am unsure  how to measure the noise and ripple with my meter what setting to put the meter on .thank you i am still learning but a lot quicker with all your help and all the other users without the help i have had i would be paying a fortune for my mods and would not have a hobby. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:34:34 AM by jester »

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 04:30:29 AM »
The caps will make it more efficient by, i would think, quite a lot. I make roughly the smae mod but with the Ti ptr08100w module and achieve 3-4 days on one charge with 2 x 18650 trustfire true  2400mah batteries 1.5 ohm DCC set @ 4.44volts.

Offline jester

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 06:48:42 AM »
i get about 1 1/2 to 2 days with 18650 .bats no caps and 2 and above days with 18500 bats and caps but i am very heavy vapour with not long starting.i have not timed my ptr08100orptr08060 yet i will do so and see what the difference is i think the ptr will be better but how much i dont know.jimmy :D

Offline jester

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 07:21:28 AM »
i have added caps too the one without them too see if any difference the trend i got it from said would not make much difference with 18650 bats but i think the spec sheet will be the one too use for info :D

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 07:23:37 AM »
i am a heavy vaper, my wife calls it my dummy, cuz it's always in my mouth. and get 3-4 days with 18650 trustfire true 2400mah 1.5 ohm DCC atty and set at 4.44v.
cheers guys
Styl3r

Offline jester

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 07:35:13 AM »
if i get that i will be very happy. iam just using the last i have made .i have just put bats in my ptr08060 see what i get. i am going to time test all what i make.my wife as just asked me for extra house keeping for electric for the soldering iron .i told her i wil charge her for the mods she users :)

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »
The caps will make it more efficient by, i would think, quite a lot.

For some reason, people are stating this is the case when it's not.  Efficiency is a product of purely resistive losses in the circuit.  There is an amount of that for a capacitor (specified as ESR) and some loss occurs, but it's relatively small.  It's not going to make a significant difference.

Capacitors are required to smooth inputs and outputs and improve transient response.  For our application, inputs and outputs only need to be stable enough for the controller.  Adding capacitance reduces voltage ripple and improves response, but will not have a large effect on efficiency.

For the OKR series regulators, there's really no need to add capacitance simply to power an atomizer.  In fact, adding too much capacitance can destabilize the module causing failure to properly regulate output.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
Well put Craig. I should have explained instead of quoting the datasheet. The datasheet mentions the caps but that would be needed if one was to use an AC to DC power source. Not intended for our use of a DC battery.

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but surly adding low ers capacitors, and i am talking in the case of the ptr08100wvd, this would give a smother current thus eliminating some loss through ripple and making the circuit more efficient. As you can probably tell i am not electronically trained. But as spock would say "it is logical"
cheers guys have a great weekend.
Kev

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but surly adding low ers capacitors, and i am talking in the case of the ptr08100wvd, this would give a smother current thus eliminating some loss through ripple and making the circuit more efficient. As you can probably tell i am not electronically trained. But as spock would say "it is logical"
cheers guys have a great weekend.
Kev

Kev, the PTR08100w and 08060w is not the same as the OKR. This Topic was about the OKR. 100uF caps are mandatory for those boards.

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 03:05:30 PM »
Oops sorry, I've just looked back and realised i sort of hijacked the thread, a big sorry guys
cheers
Kev

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »

Yes, it's logical.  Lower ESR results in lower losses since it's a factor in power calculations.  ESR can be treated like normal resistance in AC power calculations.  That's the pont of specifying ESR in the first place.  Power is equal to current times voltage and voltage is equal to current times resistance.  That makes power equal to current squared times ESR.

When talking about AC (as in anything that is not DC), power is the integral product of current and voltage. 

For voltage and current in the same perfectly square wave,  power is just one half the product of peak voltage and peak current. 

For a sine wave with unity power factor (no phase difference between current and voltage), that's simply peak voltage times peak current divided by the square root of 2.  That's commonly called RMS power or root mean square power.

The calculation becomes ridiculously complex for pulsed irregular waves like ripple voltage.  The point being, I wouldn't be able to quantify the real world difference lower ESR would make without a circuit simulation and some macros to do the complex math.  Fortunately, we're dealing with small losses to begin with.  Some percentage of something insignificant is still something insignificant.

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »
WOW............... my head hurts, simply a crash course in electronics. I am an electrician by trade and now build, design and repair computers but have never really entered in the electronics field apart from simply component replacements. Until i started building e-mods. But i must say i am beginning to get hooked it is a fascinating field. I really appreciate people like yourself taking time to help other people.
On a different subject getting my caravan ready for our maiden voyage of this year, and can't wait.
 to all who help, i thank you
Cheers guys have a good weekend.
Kev aka  Styl3r

Online theDom

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »
Very nice mod jester  :thumbsup: I have used the OKR-T/6 myself and like it a lot. I don't use any caps. Don't see any difference w/ or w/o it on the OKR.

Nice laminate mods Styl3r  :rockin smiley: Got to try it one day. Is it hard to cut and fit to the ends and cut outs?

Thank you guys for sharing your creations.. I happy I found this forum.   :thankyou:

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »
No the vinyl cuts and shapes well apply with heat....hair dryer or heat gun.
cheers
Styl3r

Offline jester

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 07:20:07 AM »
i hope i have put the right pictures up of the okr t6 the one with the 4 aa battery box has got a vaping voltage and battery voltage i used a 3 position switch on is the vaping voltage and off then the 3rd position is battery voltage it is alot easier than i thought it would be and also does anyone know where to get the 2 18650 battery boxes parrelel in the uk. i have found a site where i can get the mini voltage displays for £1.31 in the uk next day delivery. if anyone has any questions to ask then please don`t hesitate to ask and i will answer them. thank you lol

Offline Jerseybob

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 07:58:24 AM »
Ace!
Good going mate. Really like it.
Is that the Hi-Lo voltage range? 5.6v - 7.7v Seems extreme.

The 2x18650 boxes, I have only found vendors from China and Malaysia via eBay.

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 08:18:04 AM »
i hope i have put the right pictures up of the okr t6 the one with the 4 aa battery box has got a vaping voltage and battery voltage i used a 3 position switch on is the vaping voltage and off then the 3rd position is battery voltage it is alot easier than i thought it would be and also does anyone know where to get the 2 18650 battery boxes parrelel in the uk. i have found a site where i can get the mini voltage displays for £1.31 in the uk next day delivery. if anyone has any questions to ask then please don`t hesitate to ask and i will answer them. thank you lol
Nice work looks great. The guy i use for my boxes is welton_sh on ebay here http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190482766494&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
Who do you get your screens off of in the UK ? i use Kucco on ebay for my screens 2 wire version red or blue colour for £1.51 delivered from China i actually pay $30 for 10 delivered
cheers guys
Kev aka Styl3r

Offline jester

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
i can get them for £1.31 i`m trying to get the link up but not very good at links it`s also straight from the uk england plusno delivery charges but i`l l have to confirm you as a link

Offline jester

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »
to jersey bob this is not the vaping voltage one is vaping voltage and one is the battery voltage. sorry for any confusion jimmy

Offline Jerseybob

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 01:17:59 PM »
to jersey bob this is not the vaping voltage one is vaping voltage and one is the battery voltage. sorry for any confusion jimmy

Ah-ha, makes sense now.. my mistake. Fantastic

Offline jester

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »
i have only got a phone number at the moment looking to get a web address looking for battery boxes at the min looking for 18650 battery boxes parrellel very good link you have given me but looking for quicker delivery thank you jimmy

Offline jester

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 02:09:28 PM »
to jersey bob i don`t personally use a display in mine but my missis wanted one but i have found them handy for battery life jimmy

Offline jester

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 01:10:05 AM »
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:35:05 AM by jester »

Offline jester

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 04:37:16 AM »
hope the link is helpful to you all :beer-toast:jimmy

Offline Jerseybob

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »
bump, bump
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:51:12 PM by Jerseybob »

Offline vapertina

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »
bump, bump

Well deserved bump Jersey,
Nice mods guys. Thanks for sharing

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 12:59:29 AM »
I also thought this would benefit use of capacitors and was originally using mamu's design for the okr chip.

The 8100 definitely needs a cap per the builders advice.  This make this chip uber small footprint woot... ;hubba;

I saved a diagram from a uk site that uses only a 500? pot not knowing sasquatch or its a bear I was like sweeeeet until mamu now until this woot..

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: okr-t/3

gfxgfx
gfx gfx