gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 04:52:45 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Fistpack first attempt, <with help>
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fistpack first attempt, <with help>  (Read 8225 times)

Offline tek

• Free lancing modder
Fistpack first attempt, <with help>
« on: March 14, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
OK so here i am in the shack where i mod, and i try to make a fist pack, what do i do? Well i first go look up the fistpack instructions pdf, <space reserved for pdf link in future when i figure out how to do that> And i get going, tearing out the body like a rabies infected wolf on the hunt, well ok , i was gentle but heck this is a good story.. So there i was, the hour was getting late and i wanted a digi pot to replace the standard slider switch.. But oh no, i have never wired a digi pot, what am i going to do????

Well i jump on here and shoot a pm to Breaktru, and ask him about his experiences with them and the ptn0405c series booster board. The digi pot is mod ds1869-100+-nd 100k ohm and i was like hmm.. Now i had already received the shipment from digi key for the pot, and had the boards sent over night from ti, and i generally have a lot of parts around here for playing with, from radios, to ecigs, from machinery to weapons, so i was basically covered in what i needed to do just did not know how, and its late, and no reply yet from my email... SO i wait..

Then i get the golden answer from breaktru, about a couple of resistors to trick it to work perfect with a wide range, i am getting 4.5 to 6.1 <i may be off, due to me now not trusting my meter on the low side> and where to place em in the mod.. big props to you sir, thank you for your help, and thank you to nuck, for making the fistpack available to every one to do..

:rockin smiley:

Offline gknowes

Re: Fistpack first attempt, <with help>
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:36:41 PM »
breaktru rocks, :rockin smiley: nice job. it will be hard to stop modding now :beer-toast:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
Great mod Tek. Congrats on your build. Came out pretty nice.  :beer-toast:

Offline tek

• Free lancing modder
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 09:44:26 AM »
Thanks guys. This was a fun one to do. The drip well at the top turned out to be the key to using a 510 on this one. There is like no extra room on the build to so I am glad that I got every thing to fit..

Offline FlameOut

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »
Cooooool  8) . Ya gotta luv the fistpack. Good work Tek  :thumbsup:

Offline Dznutz

• Always learning
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »
Looks good, nice and tight  :beer-toast:

Offline Brian9523

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
Nice going Tek. Good one. How's it holding up? Is it performing as expected?  :applaude:

Offline tek

• Free lancing modder
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
So far better then expected but I did change one thing. I took a nylon washer from home depot and put that seperating the connection from the mod. It hits the same but now I am not as worried about change hitting it and shorting to the body. (This mod has to have a seperate ground to the connector)

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Fistpack first attempt, <with help>

gfxgfx
gfx gfx