gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 04:19:54 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Nicotine Craving or Psychological Habit
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nicotine Craving or Psychological Habit  (Read 19479 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Nicotine Craving or Psychological Habit
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »
I'm at my computer a lot and constantly vape. Yet when I go out for a couple of hours I leave my mods at home and don't miss the vaping. Of course if I took my mod along, I'd also be constantly vaping it.
I've come to the conclusion that for me it's now a psychological thing and not a craving for nicotine.

I don't expect this to be the case with a new vaper. I've been vaping now for almost two years straight at 18mg.
Any long term vapers experience this?

Online blueeyes

Re: Nicotine Craving or Psychological Habit
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »
After quitting the cancer sticks I never put my PV down long enough to tell if it's a Nic craving.
I am afraid to leave home without it. I carry extra batteries and juice too just in case  :laughing:
But you may have something there, got to try it one day  :Thinking:

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »
I experience the same thing.  I'm down to 5mg nicotine now after vaping 10mg for almost 2 years.  No issue whatsoever with the lower nic.  When I'm busy working on something, I may not use my e-cig for hours.  When I'm watching TV or at the computer, I'm chain vaping.   Much different than smoking.  When i was a smoker, I'd be climbing the walls for a cig after a half hour.

Offline sterling101

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »
Same here - I vape a hell of a lot more than I ever smoked!

As a test I tried a tank full of 0% nic - no cravings at all, just kept vaping!  Will try a test with a full week without and see how long I last but it looks like I'm free of the chemical addiction but it's been replaced by the addiction to the flavours and the habit of blowing vape rings at every oppotunity :)

Offline VaporSearchUSA

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
I been vaping for 3 yrs. and I hardly let my PV's out of my hand but I do find once and a while I can go hrs. without it, I think I vape on it just to make sure everythings still working good.

Offline Bocephus

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
I used to go to the bar several nights a week and spend gobs of cash and a few years ago I sat down one night and realized I didnt even like going I was just bored. Its what my group of friends did and I drank so much not to get wasted or because I was addicted to alcohol but because I was bored and didnt not llike 95% of the people there but the act of sipping from the glass and taking a drag off my cig gave me something to do and made time pass faster.

I think the same thing can apply to smoking and vaping. I was addicted to nicotine do not get me wrong but the act of smoking gave me something to do. I have never been one to just sit there and not move or do nothing I always have to be doing something or taking a sip of water, etc. Same effect of people that are always tapping on a cell phone or chewing on a straw. Now you give me a wrench and some parts and I can fiddle for hours under a jeep and maybe only take a couple of vapes.

Offline dennis15

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
Keeping busy prolongs my need to vape but once idle, I can't keep my PV out of my mouth. I'm like a puff-a-holic

Offline sterling101

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »
Seems to depend on whether I'm busy or not too.  I can sit programming and be vaping all day but if I've got anything else to do where I can't just stick my PV into my mouth easily I don't vape much at all.

We are creatures of habit though and I'd rather be vaping that smoking analogs :)

Offline Stealthvape

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 06:50:11 AM »
It's hard to tell as I never run out any more and I get tetchy from time to time anyway. I certainly don't wake up in the night wanting a nic hit these days so I'm guessing I'm way less addicted but not totally free. If it wasn't for the fact that vaping is so nice I'd consider giving up.

Cutting down has always been on the cards but I've never got round to it. But that's the sort of thing I said while I was on tobacco hehe

Offline lazydog

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »
Where as I would have a fag hanging outta my gob while reading or gardening or even welding I dont do this with vapeing and am finding there are hours passing in between vapes,but if just idling in front of tv its virtually  a fixture to my hand/face

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO DO THIS VAPING THING?
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 01:54:20 PM »
HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO DO THIS VAPING THING?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qotLPEK-tiU&hd=1

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
Pretty much, yeah.

I've been mixing my nic down to 3 mg now.  Even if I go to 0mg, I'll probably keep vaping.  Though I like at least a little bit of nic in my juice.  I think 3mg is going to be my absolute minimum.  Pretty good to have it that low though.

Offline sterling101

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:22:56 AM »
Definitely - the 50mg base I've got now will probably last me a couple of years at the nic levels I run these days.

I find I'll make up a new mix to test and don't bother with the nic at all while I'm tweaking the flavour levels, then just keep vaping it until it's gone without adding any nic at all.
The most I'll vape is 5mg normally though, when I remember to add it to the mix :)

Offline Emerpor_Kraft

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 09:22:18 AM »
i quit the analogs 28 days ago after 20 + years of smoking and I'm at 0mg nic already. quitting with a vaporizer was a walk in the park for me. i never really craved nicotine. for me it was just the act of smoking. more then anything else. my goal is to only vape at night or when i just want to enjoy vaping not because I'm addicted  like smoking. i feel as vaping is much much better then smoking but breathing anything besides fresh clean air cant be good for you and i know i have done enough damage already thanks big tobacco

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 09:36:32 AM »
i quit the analogs 28 days ago after 20 + years of smoking and I'm at 0mg nic already. quitting with a vaporizer was a walk in the park for me. i never really craved nicotine. for me it was just the act of smoking. more then anything else. my goal is to only vape at night or when i just want to enjoy vaping not because I'm addicted  like smoking. i feel as vaping is much much better then smoking but breathing anything besides fresh clean air cant be good for you and i know i have done enough damage already thanks big tobacco

Good for you Kraft  :applaude:

Offline windxrunner

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
I totally know what you mean. A vendor recently sent me some 0 mg juice on accident, and I didn't even realize!  I'm down to 6 mg from 18 mg tho, so my juices are pretty low anyway. But even after I noticed it was 0 mg, I still felt satisfied from it. Weird.  I may just end up going down to 3 mg, then 0.

Offline GlycerinHack

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 04:31:24 PM »
Pushed wrong buttons O'Well Noob in the House. I was recently in the Hospital Our city does not allow any thing that looks like smoking in any public place. I noticed while i was in the hospital that i thought about vaping , but it was not a big deal. When i got home i cranked right back up on vaping. I have mods. wick and wire, and Diy e juice. Maybe Hobby Habit lol. I think there is a lot more addicting stuff than  nic  in regular cigs. Just personal opion.

Offline windxrunner

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »
I couldn't agree more with that statement:

"I think there is a lot more addicting stuff than  nic  in regular cigs."

I definitely feel less addicted to vaping than I was to smoking cigarettes. A big part is the fact that vaping has only 4 ingredients (usually) while cigs have some 4,000 chemicals. When I smoked, I smoked Newports, and before that Marlboros. Both have a lot of additives even for cigarettes. I noticed when smoking American Spirits that I didn't get the same satisfaction because my body was missing out on all the added chemicals that were in my usual cigarette. When I first began vaping, I was puffing up a storm trying to compensate for the lack of additives. But now I'm used to it and it is a much lighter craving when your body is just addicted to the nicotine and not all the other crap as well.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 08:59:58 PM »
There's little doubt they add stuff to cigs to make them more addictive.  This has been a well kept trade secret of big tobacco ever since the feds tried to call them on it in the 1960s.

Offline Oso

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
I smoked over 2 1/2 packs a day of analogs for over 35yrs!! I had tried everything to try and quit but nothing worked. I purchased my first e cig back in 2006, after a few days of use, I could tell this would be something that would work for me. However, the issue I ran into back then, was the tiny device did not last very long and they did not last, due to poor quality. So I started making my own devices then and sold my first device to my first customer the second day of 2007 and have been making and selling mechs ever since!!

Now about the nic content, I much like Break am still on 18% nic when I make liquid for myself, I can switch from 18% down to 5% but seems as though I vape more on 5% but not much more. I think the bigest thing is to keep vaping until you work your way to 0% and then work our way away from your device if thats what you want to do.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:55:19 PM by Oso »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »
Update: for the past month or so, I'm down to 12mg Nic strength. So far so good. Vaping a little more but satisfying. Also has to do with more volume of vapor now due to better RBAs compared to my previous ones and also larger air holes are vital to producing large clouds.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »
I think the bigest thing is to keep vaping until you work your way to 0% and then work our way away from your device if thats what you want to do.

I'll proably never give up the nic, it's my last guilty pleasure.  At one point I tried to cut down, but then gave up on the idea.  In any case, if I had to, it would be a hell of lot easier than quitting smoking cold turkey.

Offline windxrunner

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »
I've gone down to 6mg,,,I started at 18mg.  I do tend to vape more right when I go down a step, but not so much that I'm getting the same amount of nic but just burning thru the juice that much faster. Once I got to 12mg I vaped a lot and then once it evened out I went to 6. I doubt I'll ever do only zero mg (though I do vape zero sometimes now), but I will likely move to 3mg if I can. I've found that when using RDA's, lower nic amounts can be just as satisfying. I can't even drip over 6mg anymore, actually.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Nicotine Craving or Psychological Habit

gfxgfx
gfx gfx