gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 18, 2024, 04:21:43 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Help in ordering DIY supplies
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help in ordering DIY supplies  (Read 14095 times)

Offline beamrider

Help in ordering DIY supplies
« on: September 06, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »
I'm looking at doing some DIY juice mixing here.  The wife and I both vape 12mg, and I was looking at wizardlabs line of products.  Seems to be decently priced, and fairly well regarded.  We usually vape somewhere around 70pg/30vg, although I'm moving slowly towards more VG, I have a feeling the PG is slightly aggravating my throat.  What strength nic would I want to get, that's easily reduced to 12mg, I'm thinking the 60mg, since that's divisable by 5, wouldn't 100mg make diluting a little more complicated?

And what base should I get my nic in, to make it easiest to make a variety of pg/vg ratios?

Offline fsors

• PV Master
Re: Help in ordering DIY supplies
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:41 PM »
I'm looking at doing some DIY juice mixing here.  The wife and I both vape 12mg, and I was looking at wizardlabs line of products.  Seems to be decently priced, and fairly well regarded.  We usually vape somewhere around 70pg/30vg, although I'm moving slowly towards more VG, I have a feeling the PG is slightly aggravating my throat.  What strength nic would I want to get, that's easily reduced to 12mg, I'm thinking the 60mg, since that's divisable by 5, wouldn't 100mg make diluting a little more complicated?

And what base should I get my nic in, to make it easiest to make a variety of pg/vg ratios?

Mr. beam,

I use 60mg like you thought easy to mix down and if you do the math the best value for money. Wizard labs has great flavors and IMO the best prices around so I encourage you to go for it! I like 50/50 pg-vg too much pg irritates my throat too.

fsors ;cheers;

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »
I would use an Unflavored Nic with a 50/50 blend. This way it would be easy to adjust your final ratio either way.
60mg is good but a 100mg would be a better value.
I don't know much about WizardLabs and can't vouch for their quality of Nic. I buy Nic from MyFreedomSmokes when it is on sale.

Use a syringe for precise measuring. Don't use Drops as it is not very accurate.
Don't forget to buy PG and VG and make sure you have bottles and flavoring. I like FlavourArt flavoring.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 03:54:13 PM »
I've been buying from Wizard Labs as well.  Excellent prices, no complaints about the quality and service.  I use a mix of 60% VG.  I also find the higher PG a bit harsher.  Though I actually like the high PG mix better, the high VG mix is easier on things.

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:34:35 AM »
just do the math for best value
it's simple ;cheers;

Online missyvape

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »
Yes being divisible by 5 for 60mg to 12mg would give you whole and half ml numbers if you don't like playing with 10ths.
My syringes have 1/10 graduation marks so it's no big deal for me. To each his own

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
Yes being divisible by 5 for 60mg to 12mg would give you whole and half ml numbers if you don't like playing with 10ths.
My syringes have 1/10 graduation marks so it's no big deal for me. To each his own

You must be strong in the Math dept?

Offline socal

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 11:05:27 PM »
I would like to know how to get my taste buds back after vaping but no cigs for 3 months....I want the sweet taste I had when I started, don't really even care about the nicotine so much, just want sweetness.

Thanks !

Online missyvape

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 08:50:40 AM »
I would like to know how to get my taste buds back after vaping but no cigs for 3 months....I want the sweet taste I had when I started, don't really even care about the nicotine so much, just want sweetness.

Thanks !

Get yourself some LorrAnn's Peach Flavoring and mix it with a Tobacco flavoring. I find the LA Peach to be more flavorful than most other brands for peach.

Offline socal

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 01:35:25 PM »
Get yourself some LorrAnn's Peach Flavoring and mix it with a Tobacco flavoring. I find the LA Peach to be more flavorful than most other brands for peach.

Thank You  8)

Offline Mike3029

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
Hello all,

I recently was looking at getting into DIY and had a question. I am looking at making juice with no nicotine,  as I have slowly reduced my nic level since starting vaping back in March. I see that they sell 50/50 base, http://www.ecigexpress.com/flavors/e-liquid-ingredients/pg-vg-50-50-mix-usp-select-size.html but not sure how to calculate the flavoring in using that as opposed to mixing 100% PG and VG seperately. Does anyone have suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Mike

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 08:43:04 AM »
Hello all,

I recently was looking at getting into DIY and had a question. I am looking at making juice with no nicotine,  as I have slowly reduced my nic level since starting vaping back in March. I see that they sell 50/50 base, http://www.ecigexpress.com/flavors/e-liquid-ingredients/pg-vg-50-50-mix-usp-select-size.html but not sure how to calculate the flavoring in using that as opposed to mixing 100% PG and VG seperately. Does anyone have suggestions on this?

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome Mike to the forum.
I personally would not order 50/50, PG/VG. You have more versatility by using PG/VG separately.

Flavoring is mostly a PG base so by adding flavoring to your mix you are changing the PG/VG target ratio.
In the example below I use zero nic and 20% flavoring.
I adjusted the target ratio to 60/40 so that the added PG and VG is an equal amount. 4ml of PG and 4ml of VG. You would then add 8ml of your PG/VG.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Help in ordering DIY supplies

gfxgfx
gfx gfx