gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 19, 2024, 04:14:07 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Videos - Some Cool, Some Funny  |  Topic: EEVblog #393 - LiPo Battery Discharge Testing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EEVblog #393 - LiPo Battery Discharge Testing  (Read 5984 times)

Offline redwolfe

• One-eyed guy
EEVblog #393 - LiPo Battery Discharge Testing
« on: March 14, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
A neat video Dave at EEVblog made doing a discharge test with the 5000mah 20C Turnigy cell. Some good info in this one.

http://youtu.be/ln8Mlz4NsW8

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: EEVblog #393 - LiPo Battery Discharge Testing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:36:19 AM »
That guys does great videos.  He's really knowledgeable.  It's nice to listen to him because he knows what he's talking about.

I sure could have used that rig a few times.  Hard to justify the cost of the load unit just for that though.  I actually run a custom program on one of my e-cig builds that allows me to curve the cells incrementally in the form of a table, it's what I need for the battery indicator anyway.  Once you've done a cell once, you're done.  It's not like it's something you have to do very often.

One thing I can ding him for is the crappy leads he's using.  Those have way more resistance than the internal impedance of the cell.  It wastes power using crappy leads like that and introduces error in the test.  I solder short heavy wires to mine when I do run down tests on them.

It's funny he was surprised those cells actually lived up to ratings at 1C.  Those are great cells.  If had used better leads, he would have found they measure out a bit higher.  They'll make the rating with loads even much higher than 1C.

Offline rrtwister

Re: EEVblog #393 - LiPo Battery Discharge Testing
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 12:56:48 PM »
Thanks red. nice find

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Videos - Some Cool, Some Funny  |  Topic: EEVblog #393 - LiPo Battery Discharge Testing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx