gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 18, 2024, 11:43:50 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Boost MCU Nokia Mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Boost MCU Nokia Mod  (Read 101155 times)

Offline Madmanmacguyver

Re: Boost MCU Nokia Mod
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »
working on a mod w a display myself...this coding for arduino is a real PITA...although seeing this has given me another idea as far as regulators to use...Def a beautiful mod Breaktru...looks like your doing the tight space work like I do...no room left in that case....

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »
working on a mod w a display myself...this coding for arduino is a real PITA...although seeing this has given me another idea as far as regulators to use...Def a beautiful mod Breaktru...looks like your doing the tight space work like I do...no room left in that case....

Thanks MMM, It was tight and squeezing it in without shorting out parts was a bitch. I had to file down a bit of the inside of the metal case and insulate the circuit boards and some of the PCB parts.

Offline Madmanmacguyver

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »
for any finished mod unless it requires air contact I coat everthing w the bedliner spray...that works to keep away those pesky shorts

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »
Just made a new wick and coil for my Smoktek Vivi and it wouldn't fire in the DNA.
I put it in my Nokia w/ the PTN04050c and was getting over 6 amps. I looked at the resistance and it was measuring 0.5 ohms. Must have had a couple of windings touching. I since fixed the coil spacing and added two more windings around the wick and it's now at 1.5 ohms.

I am amazed that a PTN04050c can deliver 6 amps. I didn't look at the wattage but I'm thinking it was over 30 watts. Didn't want to run it again with that load to see all the results.

Online charming

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »
Just made a new wick and coil for my Smoktek Vivi and it wouldn't fire in the DNA.
I put it in my Nokia w/ the PTN04050c and was getting over 6 amps. I looked at the resistance and it was measuring 0.5 ohms. Must have had a couple of windings touching. I since fixed the coil spacing and added two more windings around the wick and it's now at 1.5 ohms.

I am amazed that a PTN04050c can deliver 6 amps. I didn't look at the wattage but I'm thinking it was over 30 watts. Didn't want to run it again with that load to see all the results.

That 04050c has to be a design freak for sure. Wow-wee. Surprised it didn't cut out or blow something.

Online banshee

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 03:53:02 PM »
I've been looking at this MCU Nokia mod thread for a couple of weeks now and I'm still amazed at it's beauty and performance.
The enclosures size and style and the Nokia display has me drooling. This is what I've been looking for. All the readings and settings displayed on ONE screen. I luv it. I would throw away every mod I own for something like this.   ;bow;

Online Mimms

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
I've been looking at this MCU Nokia mod thread for a couple of weeks now and I'm still amazed at it's beauty and performance.
The enclosures size and style and the Nokia display has me drooling. This is what I've been looking for. All the readings and settings displayed on ONE screen. I luv it. I would throw away every mod I own for something like this.   ;bow;

Ditto for me too
 :thumbsup:

Offline SolarRay

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 04:20:06 AM »
Wow Breaktru has been busy since I've been gone! (Went to Africa, California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado) Fantastic work.

Great to be back and see all fantastic work you been up to.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
Wow Breaktru has been busy since I've been gone! (Went to Africa, California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado) Fantastic work.

Great to be back and see all fantastic work you been up to.

Thanks Ray, sounds like you've been busy yourself. Good to see you back here on the forum.

Offline redwolfe

• One-eyed guy
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2012, 01:27:10 AM »
Yes that battery will do if you can house into a case. It's extremely long and a bit wide. I have the same only in 1000mah which is much smaller physically.

We would love to see your mods when you complete them. Every self made mod is a winner, even if you don't thinks so. Making something yourself is big achievement and something you should be proud of.

Hi all, I am new to the forum and I am very happy to be here. I want to apologize about this thread revive but I have been researching on making a mod with the DNA20D soon to come. I was wondering do these batteries from hobby king have PCB in them or do I need to install it myself? I just want to make sure so I do it properly so I dont end up hurting myself or someone else.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 03:09:21 AM »
Hi redwolfe, welcome to the forum.

I don't know anything about the DNA, but it may have protection built-in which would eliminate the need to add it.  You'll want to check that.

The hobby LiPos do not have any kind of protection built into them.  There's protection PCBs you can add, but with a booster you have to avoid adding too much impedance inline with your power supply.  You'll want a board that can handle pretty high currents, probably 10 Amps minimum, but higher is better.

The current draw from the cell at 20 Watts can be as high as 7 Amps so that's why you have to be aware of how much impedance you're introducing.   For example, if you have internal cell impedance of 30 milliohms, protection PCB impedance of 30 milliohms, and wiring resistance of say 10 milliohms (which would be reasonable), under maximal loading you'll get a drop as high as a half volt at the DNA power input which can be a problem.

The bigger flat cells have lower internal impedance.  For example the 20C 2200mAh cells have about 8 milliohms internal impedance which is extraordinarily low.  The 1000mAh 20C flat cells have internal impedance about 25 milliohms which would be about the highest you want to go.  I use a 1400mAh 10C flat cell with internal impedance about 30 milliohms and it's just under the wire.

Offline redwolfe

• One-eyed guy
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2012, 03:44:50 AM »
So according to what you said, would it be better to use 2 1000mah li-po cells in parallel rather than the single 2200mah by itself? The DNA boards do have protection built in but I still would rather make sure I can have the proper protection in there. Especially protection against over charging and under/over voltage protection.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2012, 04:23:07 AM »
Two 1000mAh 20C cells in parallel would give you battery impedance about 12mOhms.  One 2200mAh 20C cell is around 8 mOhms.  Lower is better, but 12 mOhms is plenty low enough.  Comparing the two configurations, it's more a matter of preferred dimensions.  I would prefer thicker and shorter over longer and thinner myself.

The DNA has short circuit protection if I understand you correctly.  That's really the main concern.  It would expect it to handle discharge limits as well.  Over-voltage protection is good to have, but it's better to use a reliable and robust charger then to add over-voltage protection inline with the battery.  It just costs too much in terms of impedance.  The only way you'll get an over-voltage condtion is if the charging circuit fails to regulate properly.  If you use a good reliable charger, that's not going to happen.

The 20C flat cells are pretty tough, they don't blow up easily as some people would lead you to believe.  The RC guys blow them up, but they load the crap out of them, pushing them way out of tolerance of charge and discharge rates.  I've found them to be pretty tough when you don't push them to the extreme.  I have one 2200mAh cell I use for testing that's been sitting on my desk for over a year.  I beat the hell out of that thing.  I charge it with 5A all the time and I've over-discharged it down to nothing a couple times.  It still has most of its original charge capacity and looks no worse for wear (no bloating).  It's a tough sucker. 

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
Speaking of blowing the Li-Po up, I came across this recently at a Hobby Shop. It's a Li-Po Bunker.
I think it's a rather EXTREME precaution.

Here is the Description of the Bunker from the website:
There are only two times a battery can fail, during charge or discharge, and while you can not control what happens in your model you can control what happens during charging with the Turnigy Lipo Bunker.

Constructed from S304 certified stainless steel to withstand temperatures in excess of 800 degrees Celsius, the Turnigy lipo Bunker is a bullet proof safety enclosure designed to contain flames and help minimize damage to surrounding objects in the event of a lipoly failure. The duct will ensure heat, flames and gases being expelled from a lipoly battery will be vented in a direct and controlled manner.

Specs.
Case Material: S304 Certified Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 180mm x 90mm x 90mm

Offline redwolfe

• One-eyed guy
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2012, 03:48:37 PM »
Two 1000mAh 20C cells in parallel would give you battery impedance about 12mOhms.  One 2200mAh 20C cell is around 8 mOhms.  Lower is better, but 12 mOhms is plenty low enough.  Comparing the two configurations, it's more a matter of preferred dimensions.  I would prefer thicker and shorter over longer and thinner myself.

The DNA has short circuit protection if I understand you correctly.  That's really the main concern.  It would expect it to handle discharge limits as well.  Over-voltage protection is good to have, but it's better to use a reliable and robust charger then to add over-voltage protection inline with the battery.  It just costs too much in terms of impedance.  The only way you'll get an over-voltage condtion is if the charging circuit fails to regulate properly.  If you use a good reliable charger, that's not going to happen.

The 20C flat cells are pretty tough, they don't blow up easily as some people would lead you to believe.  The RC guys blow them up, but they load the crap out of them, pushing them way out of tolerance of charge and discharge rates.  I've found them to be pretty tough when you don't push them to the extreme.  I have one 2200mAh cell I use for testing that's been sitting on my desk for over a year.  I beat the hell out of that thing.  I charge it with 5A all the time and I've over-discharged it down to nothing a couple times.  It still has most of its original charge capacity and looks no worse for wear (no bloating).  It's a tough sucker.

Thanks for your advice! I'm sure I will have plenty more questions in the near future. I may have been vaping for over 2 years but there's still plenty to learn. I ordered 6 of the 2200mah cells this morning and a DNA12 chip and the micro charger. Now to gather the rest of the components. I'll start a thread for the mod as soon as I have everything.

Offline iusedtoanalog

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:59 PM »
Hi Again, Dave and all. Quick question for you. Its becoming time for me to gather parts for my next mod... Already have a couple of  okr-t6 in various forms. Would like to try my hand at a ptn04050c with a turnigy cell and onboard charging. I have seen somwhere here a link to the 1aUSB charger. I even see you reference it in the nokia mcu mod specifically. The only problem I am having is finding that link. I thought for sure you had it somwhere around her actually posted . I have read nearly all the threads that make sense where it would be but still no dice...... I have found the 500/100mA sparkfun board, and it does apear that that is their top output available at this point. Point me in the right direction please. And Thank You .

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2013, 02:50:42 AM »
This is the one here;

https://www.adafruit.com/products/259

It's a nice unit. I believe it uses the Microchip MCP73833 charger controller which is one of the best ones you can get.  It's a really nice full featured controller.  It's the same one I use in my own mods.

Offline iusedtoanalog

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 07:56:10 PM »
Thanks Craig. Since I have your ear for a moment, on this board would I want to actually use the load section or just insert it into my circuit parallel with the battery, If i plan on charging while vaping? I believe the load section would limit the output amperage too much to allow it to be vaped while charging. Or maybe it is actually just parallel on the board possibly? Having worked with this board what would you suggest? Thank you for your input as well as the link.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
Insert the board parallel with the battery.  You don't want any of that crap in the way of the electrical path from your power supply.  It's the same thing the board does, it just has a parallel connection on the PCB for convenience.

I haven't actually used that board, just the chip is uses. 

Offline berger

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2013, 02:41:01 PM »
some great tips here guys, appreciate the hints ..:)

Offline VaporBaboon

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »
Hi Breatru. Do you have any tutorials how to program an lcd/oled display to be used for ecig? I have lots of nokia lcd's from my old phones and I really want to use them on my vv mod.

Offline redwolfe

• One-eyed guy
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2013, 04:18:38 AM »
Hi Breatru. Do you have any tutorials how to program an lcd/oled display to be used for ecig? I have lots of nokia lcd's from my old phones and I really want to use them on my vv mod.

That LCD is available here with example coding links https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10168

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2013, 07:06:21 AM »
Very good RedWolfe

Offline utak3r

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2013, 04:00:07 AM »
If anyone is interested, I've made few years ago a mikroC library for PIC chips for Nokia 3310 screens. It was designed to be used with 16F628A, but should work with other 16F serie chips, too. It is under LGPL v3. You can download it from here  :)
Sample application, using the library is here.

Offline Sorin003

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2013, 01:23:24 PM »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
You drive me crazy with this one!

glad you like it. It works really well. It puts out more wattage than my 30Watt  Buck mods

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »
Lately I have been experiencing a blank Display. Applying finger pressure to the top middle portion of the Nokia 5110 frame brings back the display.
The 5110 is a good display except for the design of the display gum connector to the PCB contact pads which makes contact using pressure.
To fix this weak design I did the following..... (photos visible to members)

• Remove the metal frame that is over the display by bending the 4 tabs straight and pry up gently
  • On the PCB, tin the contact pads with solder to slightly build up the pads which will add more pressure to the display gum connector
  • Place the frame back over display and place on the PCB
  • While squeezing the frame and PCB, slightly twist the frame locking tabs while maintaining pressure

Offline bobaganoosh

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2013, 11:40:00 PM »
Lately I have been experiencing a blank Display. Applying finger pressure to the top middle portion of the Nokia 5110 frame brings back the display.
The 5110 is a good display except for the design of the display gum connector to the PCB contact pads which makes contact using pressure.

way to go on figuring out a simple fix for this.
if you ever need any more of these displays just hit me up, i have about 15 of those old phones along with quite a few other models that are just collecting dust

Offline Cajunsteaming

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »
This mod has a AtMega328p micro-controller with a Nokia cell phone display. It is powered by a 20C Lithium-Polymer battery. The boost circuit is the good ole PTN04050C.

Would love to build one of these...where can I find the parts? dig-key? and how do I program the nokia display.....
 :begging:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:41:23 PM by Breaktru »

Offline davidlewallen

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2014, 02:58:37 AM »
Awesome mod!

Offline Okie Dripper

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2014, 04:56:34 PM »
 freaked_out: all of you doing this level of moding is what attracted me to the site and i am in aww of the advanced mods being made here, i have been tinkering for over a year on my own and now i feel like a complete noob, i love to feel dumb since it drives me to learn more and push myself to the next level, ty so much for all the knoledge shared in this forum !!!!! ;cheers;

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2014, 05:25:39 PM »
Glad to have you aboard Okie. Welcome.

We have some great talented members here as well as many noobs.
I consider myself a noob too when it comes to micro-controllers. Most of what I do with the MCU is trial, error and code tweaking. Nothing works perfect on the first go. Anyway, it's fun to play around although at times frustrating.

I'm sure you will do just fine.

Offline Okie Dripper

« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
yea well, as for trial and error i seem to be on the error side more than not, but i learn a bit more every time i see smoke in the box lol. anyway, i am disabled and my brain and 1 hand seems to be my best asset right now and i have nothing but time and ambution so modding seemed to fall right into place since the first 4 aa mech i made due to cigalikes just didnt do it for me, been vaping for 3 years in no mans land, first ego shop opend up in driving distance of me less than a year ago.

Offline mullet

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2014, 12:04:22 PM »
This is the one here;

https://www.adafruit.com/products/259

It's a nice unit. I believe it uses the Microchip MCP73833 charger controller which is one of the best ones you can get.  It's a really nice full featured controller.  It's the same one I use in my own mods.

Apologies for pulling out a pretty old thread but this seemed like one of the better ones for my question.  I am in the planning/ordering stages of a Raptor build (chip ordered and obviously waiting on restock).  While planning, I'm also debating battery selection.  I would like to use LiPos.  Would the charging board in the link above be able to charge 2 3.7V LiPos in series properly?  It is my (possibly incorrect) understanding that a USB charge board wouldn't really be a good choice for trying to charge a 2S (7.4V) LiPo, not to mention you start to get a little too big size wise for a decent mah 2S.

Thanks for any advice you wonderful (and much smarter) folks can offer

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2014, 12:35:42 PM »
A USB charger can only charge one cell or mulitple cells in parallel.  For series cells you have to use a balance charger like this;

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__49338__Turnigy_E3_Compact_2S_3S_Lipo_Charger_100_240v_US_Plug_.html

Offline mullet

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »
That's what I figured.  I've already been looking at that charger and figured that wouldbe the route I would need to take but wanted to ask before ordering anything else.

Thanks Craig

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »
Easiest thing to do there is just use the hobby LiPo stuff.  Use a battery like this;

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8933__Turnigy_2200mAh_2S_20C_Lipo_Pack.html

Mount the battery's charging cable so it's accessible from outside the mod and use cables like the ones below to connect the balance charger.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9735__JST_XH_2S_Wire_Extension_20cm_10pcs_bag_.html

You can find the pins and connectors if you want to make your own cables, here's some on eBay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-2S-3-Pin-JST-XH-LiPo-Balance-Connectors-w-Pins-/301099889319

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 02:49:55 PM by CraigHB »

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »
Has anyone wired up their own LiPo charger using a MAX1811?  seems like a fairly straightforward little chip.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »
I use a Microchip MCP73833 on my controller boards and those run off a LiPo.  I also have a box mod I do with a couple parallel 18650s and those use the same charger controller chip. 

USB charger controllers are sort of a dime a dozen.  They all work pretty much the same, they only have more or less features from one to the next.

That Maxim part you mentioned looks like it should work well.  You want the thermally enhanced part for a 1A rate which there's no reason not to use.  If you try to get a 1A rate without the thermal conductivity you need, the part will go into thermal limiting and you won't get your full rate. 

One issue with that Maxim part is it uses an SO package which can be good or bad.  Good if you want a large part that's easy to install, bad if you want to conserve space on a PCB.  The thermally enhanced MCP73833 I use is literally 1/4 the size of that Maxim charger controller.

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »
Thanks Craig.  Sounds reasonable.

Been looking up SMD component codes to see what parts I have laying around, and aside from the eye strain my brain feels about ready to explode.

I saw a YT review on the max1811 and it looked neat, then I realized that the USB charger I had for my old 510 sticks had a PCB inside that was slightly shorter than a USB-B plug...  so I'll settle for 500mA charge, and a form factor that's difficult to beat for $2.99...

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2014, 08:54:22 PM »
You know you can get those Chinese USB chargers for like a buck a piece from Fasttech.  Someone posted to the links to those in the forum here.  The only reason not to use a little charger board like that is if you want to integrate a USB charger into a whole e-cig controller board. 

The Microchip part is the best controller chip I've found in terms of features.  TI makes some good ones too.  They have one that is 40V tolerant which is really nice since you don't have to worry about protecting the chip from power surges.  That's always a consideration for stuff that plugs into the wall or especially if it runs off a cig lighter plug in the car.  Automotive electrical systems are harsh.

I use a TVS diode for surge suppression on the USB plug for my boards, would be nice not to need that.  However, the Microchip part is really easy to use and has the exact features I want so I live with it, would be nice if it was surge proof though.  They all should be that way IMO.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2014, 02:21:33 AM »
I concur those chips work great just wanna tinge more mA but its cool.

hoping they soon put the same charging chips they have for the cna20's up for sale they are uber tiny and a tinge more mA..  :thumbsup:

Batts get every last drop of life with em too so good trade off, 
time vs timespanning vs fastidiousness vs buy new batts cause charge cycles build high IR, win win lol

Offline Neon711

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2014, 05:10:37 PM »
WOW!!! That is nice.

Offline miskol

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2014, 12:29:23 AM »
I use a Microchip MCP73833 on my controller boards and those run off a LiPo. 

You want the thermally enhanced part for a 1A rate which there's no reason not to use.  If you try to get a 1A rate without the thermal conductivity you need, the part will go into thermal limiting and you won't get your full rate. 

happy to see that i designed a Charger board using the same controller advised by you Craig haha. i searched for some time before i came up with the decision to use it, there's a lot of 0.5A controller but not much for 1A, especially the simple ones.

it is true about the thermal limiting, once i tested the 1A Charger i made, it became hot and stopped working. after it has cooled down, it is working back again. the controller suspends charge if the temperature exceeds 150degree. but until now, i haven't able to make it hot again, not sure why it happened previously...

however, seems like i missed about the thermally enhanced part, is there a special revision for this controller? or do you mean that the thermal conductivity is dependent on your PCB layout design?

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2014, 06:21:45 PM »
For the 1A rate, you need to use the DFN package which has the exposed die on bottom.  You make a pad for it on the PCB with a couple vias to the ground plane to provide good thermal performance.  The part number I use is MCP73833-FCI/MF.

I've done a lot testing with that part properly mounted to the ground plane.  At a 1A rate, it can usually handle a 1.4V differential between USB input and battery voltage before it goes into thermal limiting. 

For example, if your USB input voltage is 5V at the controller (it's typically lower), you'll come out of thermal limiting when battery voltage rises above 3.6V.  Though even when the chip is thermally limited, the rate usually doesn't fall below 800mA.

Offline Bruno_B

• Skydiver
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »
ATMega328p AVR
Nokia 5110 Graphic Display
PTN04050C
20C lithium polymer 3.7 battery
1 amp USB Charger
100 Amp Sensor
Parallel 5.1A PTC resettable fuses

How did you get your ACS712 (100 amp sensor) to work off of a lipo (3~3.7v) supply when it requires 5v? What are you using this measurement for?

I intend to use the internal 1.1 volt reference voltage to monitor the battery power. How are you measuring yours?

I intend to use a 10ohm voltage divider circuit to measure my my coil resistance. How are you measuring yours?

On a lighter note... Don't you just love the new OLEDs coming out of China? Good Riddance, HD44780, Nokia 3310/5110, and KS0108 LCDs. I won't miss you.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »
How did you get your ACS712 (100 amp sensor) to work off of a lipo (3~3.7v) supply when it requires 5v? What are you using this measurement for?

I intend to use the internal 1.1 volt reference voltage to monitor the battery power. How are you measuring yours?

I intend to use a 10ohm voltage divider circuit to measure my my coil resistance. How are you measuring yours?

On a lighter note... Don't you just love the new OLEDs coming out of China? Good Riddance, HD44780, Nokia 3310/5110, and KS0108 LCDs. I won't miss you.

I use this tiny 5V boost reg --> HERE for the ACS712 but later switched to the ACS711 which can operate on 3v to 5.5v HERE

Using precise amperage readings w/ the current sensor and a voltage divider on an analog input for output voltage readings, I use code to calculate resistance (code tweaking required). All readings are quite accurate thru the full output voltage range and also tested with various resistive loads.

I use a voltage divider and analog input for measuring battery voltage.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:04:19 PM by Breaktru »

Offline vogel

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »
This mod looks awesome !!!
Can you share schematics, PCB files and firmware source code ? I want to build mine =)

Offline kentsfield

« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2018, 06:15:48 PM »
Nice one, looks good :)
 :rockin smiley:

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Boost MCU Nokia Mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx