gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 09:58:26 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Simplified Electronics  |  Topic: Basic Transistor Calculation question.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Basic Transistor Calculation question.  (Read 6404 times)

Offline Zanderist

Basic Transistor Calculation question.
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »
I feel like I could answer this on my own but I want to be certain and have it documented

Take for example this transistor here:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fairchild-Semiconductor/KSA733GBU/?qs=ljbEvF4DwOOl8qY6LNxwbA%3D%3D
Datasheet
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/KSA733-66883.pdf

It states that the DC current gain is around 40 and can max around 700. However what confuses me is that current gain of 40 is only true for a certain condition how would I go about finding the current gain for different conditions?

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: Basic Transistor Calculation question.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 02:39:08 PM »
That's a production tolerance.  You'd have to build a circuit and measure it on the bench to find actual gain.  If you look at the chart below you'll see the mean is about 100 depending to an extent on collector-emitter current.  That would be typical.  Why they didn't just put that in the "typical" column I don't know.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Simplified Electronics  |  Topic: Basic Transistor Calculation question.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx