gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 01:56:12 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Cola and Cherry
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cola and Cherry  (Read 8569 times)

Offline DesertMoonVapors

Cola and Cherry
« on: July 19, 2013, 01:20:43 AM »
Has anyone tried a recipe using cola and cherry?  I tried one but apparently used too high percentage of cola it clogged the wick. Also, can H2O be used to thin a recipe or is Vodka better? Suggestions appreciated.  :thankyou:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Cola and Cherry
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:05:10 AM »
Sugary type flavoring will form a deposit on your coil. Try cutting down on the percentage of the Cola.

H2O or Vodka can be used and would be your choice as which to use. The Vodka will add to the throat hit. I find using it can tame down a harsh recipe. Using either should be in small percentages.

Offline elzakivis

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
Capella makes a Cherry Cola flavoring. If you are using the real cola, the sugar is a killer on attys.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:49:10 AM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of mixing.  Yes, I have mix cola (the concentrate) and cherry, and vanilla, and chocolate, and last but not least, I've mixed cola and Lime.  They all worked well . . . . . . Except.  If you mix the cola to heavy it CAN destroy plastic tanks.  Therefore, if you are going to mix the cola in a strength greater than 15%, use a glass or metal tank.  As far as gunking up the coil, I would not worry about it.  I rebuild "mizers" for my friend who owns a vape shop and I rebuild my own (coil and wick assemblies) and the coils can bear a lot of thick juice before it affects the operation of the device or the taste.  Usually, the coil will fail before the gunk stops it from working.  If you wind your own coil and wick assemblies, you can cut down on the clogging of the coil by putting as much space between the wraps (or turns) on the coil as you can.  I am a heavy vaper and I mix heavy and I have clearomizers I have been using for over 6 months without incident.

If you are using the real cola drink as your concentrate, I would suggest boiling it to get the syrup and adding that to Everclear or PG that has been thinned, with water or vodka.  That will make it easier to control and you won't have to worry about destroying you plastic tanks and parts (i.e., mouthpieces)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 09:28:58 AM »
you can cut down on the clogging of the coil by putting as much space between the wraps (or turns) on the coil as you can.

Good point Eric on the space between coils. When I some times make micro coils I find that the crude build up can diminish performance faster then when using wider coils

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »
on microcoils,thou yes it would easily gunk up,but on another note cotton+microcoils are easier to clean up,compared to spaced +silica builds.You can simply remove the cotton dry fire,short rinse in water and slight brush,its as good as it was first built.
current juices i have thou not cola in particular,are dark and sweet(most ph juices are sweet) so gunking up is par tof vaping,since juices are 95% on the time sweet,regardless of the brand

Online theDom

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »
I always have a problem trying to pull out the cotton wick once the crusty gunk gets real bad. It sticks to the coils and I end up destroying the coil. Is there a trick to remove the wick easily?

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »
 :Thinking:

Dom: I never change just the wicking.  For me it is easier to change the wick and coil as an assembly. If I were going to try removing the wick from the coil I would take an Exacto knife with a pointed blade and slowly chip the crud from the coil. 

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2rzop5w.jpg[/

When you get all the crud chipped away, wet the wick and gently try turning it in the direction the coil is wound.  Make sure the coil is held in place so it can't flex and break at the point where the coil winding starts.  If it breaks that is where it will occur.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:31:50 PM by Erck89 »

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »
I always have a problem trying to pull out the cotton wick once the crusty gunk gets real bad. It sticks to the coils and I end up destroying the coil. Is there a trick to remove the wick easily?

if that is the case i burn the whole thing,including the cotton,once burned i give the whole thing a light brush with a used toothbrush,then another dryfire,before i rewick with the cotton...

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Cola and Cherry

gfxgfx
gfx gfx