gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 10:59:42 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: BEST REBUILDABLE ATOMIZER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BEST REBUILDABLE ATOMIZER  (Read 22993 times)

Offline FlameOut

BEST REBUILDABLE ATOMIZER
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
So... a lot of folks have many RBA.
Out of the several that you own, which one would your consider the best and why.  :Thinking:

Offline asnider123

Re: BEST REBUILDABLE ATOMIZER
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
I just got a DID clone, haven't had time to mess with it though the Genesis-type look interesting .. more later

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »
Hey asnider123, good to see you hanging around again.

I've got a couple different DID clones coming.  Looking forward to playing with them.  Right now, I'm regularly using a Rainbow V3 rebuildable dripping atomizer, but that's always subject to change. 

Comparing the V3 to the Phoenix, I like the V3 a lot better since the coil posts are nicer and the construction seems better quality.

Offline sterling101

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »
I picked up one of these last week (also at Gotvapes as the Birkshire atty) and I have to admit I'm blown away with the quality of vape from it.
Only down sides I can see is the wick hole could do with being slightly closer to the center post and the knurling is a bit rough on the edges but nothing that can't be overcome.

Yet to do any real tests on the quality of the stainless but so far there's no sign of any tarnishing or wear on any parts so for now I'm happy.  The centre post is chrome plated though, and the support that runs through the tank but the plating looks good and there's no sign of it causing problems so far at least :)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »
Last week I picked up a MonsterMesh at Gotvapes which is a DID Clone. Several vendors sell it but with different names.

It came per-assembled. The first time firing up popped the coil at the top pos post. No problem, made a new coil. With the new coil, top coil only glowed which is an indication that the mesh needed more oxidation.
When I took it a part I noticed the bottom silicone seal for the center post was ripped. It's pretty flimsy material. I am worried that the center post may short to the sides which are very close in distance. Not a good design.
Also I would advise to find replacement O-rings. They are very thin and flimsy also.
Discountvapers sell O-rings, clear tank and sell the clone DID as the "Griffen"

Offline sterling101

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »
Actually Dave that one of the many things that impressed me with this stainless genny - the o-rings are the real deal and look like they'll take a fair amount of punishment.
Contemplating making a replacement centre post though for mine just to complete the whole thing in stainless.  Certainly the nuts on the positive post are a little loose on the threads so maybe do a whole new centre for it.
Still, it's cheap enough that I could probaby grab a set of the stainless centre post and nuts for the Short DID from the guys in Greece and still be under £30 all in :)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »
Actually Dave that one of the many things that impressed me with this stainless genny - the o-rings are the real deal and look like they'll take a fair amount of punishment.
Contemplating making a replacement centre post though for mine just to complete the whole thing in stainless.  Certainly the nuts on the positive post are a little loose on the threads so maybe do a whole new centre for it.
Still, it's cheap enough that I could probaby grab a set of the stainless centre post and nuts for the Short DID from the guys in Greece and still be under £30 all in :)

Well I got what I paid for. Should have went for the extra bucks for the Birkshire's better quality. Looks good too.
When I get around to it, I'll pick up some extra o-rings. I put it aside for now because I'm mainly vaping on my Smoktek Vivi. It works fantastic once it's set up right.

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »
hey the cheap chinese Dids are ok when you do the M3 washer mod on em
 ;cheers;

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
I'm using one.  Yes, the o-rings are flimsy and the the materials are cheap...but, it works great and I paid $13 shipped for it through a co-op.  I've got another one coming and I'm pretty sure it's the same as that one linked to in reply #3.

Oh, yeah, I did a little modding it.  Added some washers at the bottom and top of the center post, drilled the air hole to 1/16" and filed the cap so the air hole lines up with the wick.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:03:52 PM by CraigHB »

Offline sterling101

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 04:16:27 AM »
I'm definitely impressed with mine Craig.  Super easy to set up and the thing vapes like a champ.
Might have to try the washer trick though as I found I had to lean the wick in towards the centre post to reduce the gap which, albeit a small amount, effects wicking to the top of the coil as the wick now has a kink in it.

One down side is not being able to check the liquid level so I'm thinking of getting rid of the filler screw and replacing it with a silicon bung with a length of silver wire that reaches down to the bottom of the tank so it becomes a sort of dip stick.  I've got the silver wire so just need to make up the silicon bung which shouldn't take too much with a spot of ingenuity :)

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 03:20:52 PM »
Mine has a clear tank.  I run without the filler plug.  I can refill it by pulling the drip tip and poking a 16 ga sharp into the filler hole.  Pretty convenient actually.  It wicks like a bat out of hell without the plug, but I can't lay it down on it's side with the air hole facing down or hold it with the tip pointed down.  If I do, the fluid leaks out.  Fine otherwise though.  I use that to my advantage to keep the wick wet.  Tilt it with the air hole facing down to dump juice on the coil. 

This is THE ONLY wick type tank that's EVER been able to wick fast enough for me.  But I do have the caveat of paying attention to how the atomizer is placed.  Well, when you're a chain vaper and you use high power, you can't be too picky about that kind of thing.

Offline sterling101

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »
I wonder if I could make a fluid level sight glass for on the side of the tank..... :)

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
Do convertibles count in here?

This is a Monster Nova tank that I converted into a cartomizer tank.

The tank is holding an ST 1.5ohm XLDCC which is attached to my V2 SS Zmax!

The tank is fully sealed, holds roughly 10mls of juice with the carto inside and does not leak.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:07:45 PM by timesarerough »

Online theDom

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
Do convertibles count in here?

This is a Monster Nova tank that I converted into a cartomizer tank.

The tank is holding an ST 1.5ohm XLDCC which is attached to my V2 SS Zmax!

The tank is fully sealed, holds roughly 10mls of juice with the carto inside and does not leak.

Looks good. How does handle when the juice is low?
You did rebuild an atomizer so I guess it qualifies as a rebuildable but technically it's not.  :laughing:

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 07:52:20 PM »
How does handle when the juice is low?

Dunno yet, completed it 2 days ago and I still have 1/3 of a tank.

However, I was so used to punching the hole as if going into a DCT that I forgot that I can punch it closer to the bottom of the carto.  :wallbash:

Offline steamEngine

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
The DID mini clones are pretty good for the money. I like them with a 2.0 ohm 32 gauge Kanthal and 500 mesh.
I switched out the chrome tank for a Clear tube. It was a pain before seeing the juice level.

Online dennis15

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »
I also have a did mini clone. And yes the o-rings suck but so far they are holding up. No leaks. It works rather well with a 2.8 ohm coil and with a #400 mesh.
I have a Smoketech Vivi which I converted to a mesh and I like even better than the did.

Offline Kakele

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 03:16:57 AM »
The RSST Atomizer Review and the RETURN of JCWEST

http://youtu.be/8ShYTAjq7x0

Offline Kakele

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 03:19:45 AM »
The iHybrid Fecta / F3CTA Review:

http://youtu.be/LsrwMXw5pg8

Offline Moggy

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
There are so many atomisers to choose from nowadays, its hard to pick a favourite. If I had to mail it down to one it would be the GG Ithaka, but I do like my silica.

Offline jeandbean

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
There are so many atomisers to choose from nowadays, its hard to pick a favourite. If I had to mail it down to one it would be the GG Ithaka, but I do like my silica.

Yeah I agree, there a so many RBA's to choose from

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »
I currently own chi era and a did clone and hopefully next week an agi,
so far the easiest rda to work with is the era
DID clone,,,well if the wires are thin they are ok,but when you start working with like 32ga and above its a buit quirky to get the top leg connected,plus the thin silicone insulators gets ripped easily,still looking for a replacement for them.chrome tank sucks,,,hard to see whats left.
agi looks promising hopefully when I get it I wont be disappointed.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: BEST REBUILDABLE ATOMIZER

gfxgfx
gfx gfx