gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 10:20:23 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: The Quad Mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Quad Mod  (Read 9393 times)

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
The Quad Mod
« on: September 07, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
I've been wanting to try a qaud coil setup with an iGo-W.  Ordered one and it came in yesterday so I set one up.  Here's how it looks;

I used 2mm Ekowool with an SS mesh core.  That's 32 gauge Kanthal A-1 all coiled with a single piece.  That was the only way to get all the wires to fit under the terminal screws.  It was pretty much a bitch doing that coil set.  Took me a couple trys.  Not looking forward to doing that one again. 

I did have to drill another hole in the cap, it only has one hole from the factory.  Fortunately I got it right, no do overs on that one.  Right now it has two 1mm holes, but that's still a little tight in draw.  I'll probably drill them out to 1.3mm at some point. 

Atomizer resistance came out to .5 Ohms.  Good thing I upgraded the current output from 8 Amps to 9 Amps, I'm using it.  Here's the display on my device for this atomizer;

The atomizer actually performs really nice with a quad coil in it.  It's really not too hot in terms of vapor temperature.  The volume of vapor is crazy with 4 coils and it has good flavor. 

Of course, consuming that much power the atomizer itself gets pretty hot pretty fast so I would need a Delrin tip to use this setup regularly.  The ones I have are too short.  It's probably not something I'm going to use all the time, but it was a fun experiment and I might break it out when I feel like a super vape. 

The iGo-W looks pretty good on my 6000mAh box;

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: The Quad Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »
Fantastic Craig. It's nice that you revised your PowerBlok mod and upped it to 9A. Nothing like testing the limits. Supper job. How often do you have to wet the wick?

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »
Oh yeah, it blows through the juice.  I probably get 5 hits before I have to refill.  I think the iGo-W holds like 15 drops so that would be like 4 drops with a single coil.

Yes, I do have a second motive in doing this.  Like you said, I want to test the limits of my mod in real use.  Nothing like real use data.  You can bench test stuff all day, but the rubber hits the road in actual usage.  So far, the battery device is performing as designed.  Device and battery temperatures are well within limits.

Offline methos

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 11:17:38 PM »
Awsome coil set up!!!!!

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »
nice mod!!! nice coils thou!
hmm....might try that with a microcoil!

Offline thejewk

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »
I would recommend opening up the air holes quite a bit more than 1mm for that sort of build. It will smooth it out a lot and ease the throat hit some.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: The Quad Mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx