gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 05:18:55 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Battery  |  Topic: let go of my ego
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: let go of my ego  (Read 18416 times)

Offline midnightron

let go of my ego
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:14:29 PM »
Hi guys, Since I am using the ego twist and they are no longer available because of their INCREDIBLE price increases across the board and many vendors are dropping them like hot potatoes, I have a question. Anyone have any good advice on a variable voltage battery??

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: let go of my ego
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:35:54 PM »
Hi guys, Since I am using the ego twist and they are no longer available because of their INCREDIBLE price increases across the board and many vendors are dropping them like hot potatoes, I have a question. Anyone have any good advice on a variable voltage battery??

I still see the ego twist for sale.
Are you talking about batteries for a VV mod? If so Craig linked to one --> HERE

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
I think he means a battery unit similar to the eGo Twist.  Take a look at the Vision Spinner, it's widely available.

Offline midnightron

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »
I think he means a battery unit similar to the eGo Twist.  Take a look at the Vision Spinner, it's widely available.
Exactly what I meant, thank you both for your quick response. I truly appreciate it. I will check out the Vision Spinner.

Offline midnightron

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
Exactly what I meant, thank you both for your quick response. I truly appreciate it. I will check out the Vision Spinner.
Thank you, I just purchased the vision spinner. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your help.
May God bless you and yours.
Ron

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
Welcome, hope it works well for you.  The Spinners are a bit nicer than the eGo Twists.  I believe those go up to 6V where the Twists only go up to 4.8V.  Though like the Twists, you want to use an atomizer with higher resistance, 2.4 Ohms is ideal for them.

Offline Visus

• PV Master

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 12:13:24 AM »
Welcome, hope it works well for you.  The Spinners are a bit nicer than the eGo Twists.  I believe those go up to 6V where the Twists only go up to 4.8V.  Though like the Twists, you want to use an atomizer with higher resistance, 2.4 Ohms is ideal for them.

4.8v is the highest spinner goes

they are shorter and fatter than big mah ego twist by an inch

Offline midnightron

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »
4.8v is the highest spinner goes

they are shorter and fatter than big mah ego twist by an inch

Thank you very much.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »
Thank you very much.

Your welcome

CraigHB post has me wondering if they are 6v units and only sweeped through 4.8v.
Then I started wondering about the twist.  Could they also  be hacked to give more voltage?  I have no idea, I do know the twist has a 504 3262 500k pot.  So much fun learning new things.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 03:32:11 AM »
Looks like I was wrong about that.  I thought it was the Spinners, but they're only 4.8V like the Twists.  Here's the one I was talking about.

You wouldn't be able to hack a Spinner or Twist to increase voltage since that's something at the very base of the design.  Even if you could change something simple like a resistor to raise the voltage cap, the regulator would probably fail to do it.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 03:22:42 PM »
Looks like I was wrong about that.  I thought it was the Spinners, but they're only 4.8V like the Twists.  Here's the one I was talking about.

You wouldn't be able to hack a Spinner or Twist to increase voltage since that's something at the very base of the design.  Even if you could change something simple like a resistor to raise the voltage cap, the regulator would probably fail to do it.

Holy cow I had no idea those existed, they are sharp with the mini lcd screens. 
To bad the mini lcd cost an arm and leg for our mod purposes as voltmeters. 

Pbusardo scoped the twist its solid @2.7-3ohms 4.8v, impressive units I must say.
Mine will fire a 1.2 ohm coil really well @3.7v, I burned up the pos wire doing that but with  a little rewire it is an amazing unit..  The board tracers are so small I think they are to go next but I shorted it out putting it back together after I fixed it the second time.. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9lLAVH_Lae0#t=653
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:33:59 PM by Visus »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »
Mine will fire a 1.2 ohm coil really well @3.7v, I burned up the pos wire doing that but with  a little rewire it is an amazing unit..  The board tracers are so small I think they are to go next but I shorted it out putting it back together after I fixed it the second time..

That's why I do my own boxes, mine can put out 9 Amps no problem (@4.0V for 36W).  According to the data PBusardo posted on the Twist, it falls down on the job at 1.5 Ohms meaning it tops out about 9 Watts.  It's enough power for most people, but if you want to run with higher power and/or lower resistance a Twist is not the device to use.  I'm sure the device I linked to before has similar limitations.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »
That's why I do my own boxes, mine can put out 9 Amps no problem (@4.0V for 36W).  According to the data PBusardo posted on the Twist, it falls down on the job at 1.5 Ohms meaning it tops out about 9 Watts.  It's enough power for most people, but if you want to run with higher power and/or lower resistance a Twist is not the device to use.  I'm sure the device I linked to before has similar limitations.

Yeah its like modding remote control cars you can buy a store car from toys r us and be happy
but if you want to gamble and beat high hp cars for a half 3/4 block you gotta build it yourself..

Yes I bet a guy in a 500hp camaro I could beat him a 1/2 block and won..  lol
He could not believe it nor will anyone be the same after a toot on one of your mods --why I am here -- just got a sample verify and im off to the moon soon..

Is that an OKr chip or something else?  I have the 4050c incoming already have the 8100 unused. 

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »
Is that an OKr chip or something else?  I have the 4050c incoming already have the 8100 unused.

I use a boost converter of my own design, voltage range 4.0 to 7.4V with output capped at 36 Watts.  The design is based on the Texas Instruments TPS43000 DC-DC converter controller.  I've posted my builds here in the forum.

If you want big power with an off-the-shelf converter, I would suggest the OKR-T/10 with dual series cells.  That's a step down converter rather than a boost converter.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 03:12:09 PM »
I use a boost converter of my own design, voltage range 4.0 to 7.4V with output capped at 36 Watts.  The design is based on the Texas Instruments TPS43000 DC-DC converter controller.  I've posted my builds here in the forum.

If you want big power with an off-the-shelf converter, I would suggest the OKR-T/10 with dual series cells.  That's a step down converter rather than a boost converter.

Thanks the OKR is a beautiful mod for our use welding nicotine into our bodies..

woot more reads I has been caught up on the thread you introduced yourself,  then the sparkomatic etc,  I think you spoke of it in that thread and then I learned about  reflow lol who knew a toaster oven could weld..

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 06:55:35 PM »
Yes, you can reflow solder components to a circuit board with a toaster oven.  I've even done it in a frying pan on the stove.  Hehe, eggs for breakfast?  Nope, circuit boards.  I still hand solder my PCB stuff mainly, but most electronics hobbyists probably use reflow soldering with a bit of hand soldering for touch up.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 08:32:09 PM »
I think Optimus Prime is salivating

Offline SweetKarma

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 09:29:58 PM »
Ego Twists are still quite easily available as of now anyway and I have tried both that one and the Spinner. Both have performed quite well for this newbie, with long lasting batteries and no problems at all. I paid a bit for them, but I got several as there are 2 of us here vaping at home, and I don't like to have something go out and not have an available replacement waiting, especially when I live so far out in the boonies.

All of these fakes and knock offs scare me a bit, especially since I live in an RV, and a fire would be deadly- not much chance of getting out before I die in the fire. Thanks for all the info on the equipment and fake batteries. Much appreciated.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Battery  |  Topic: let go of my ego

gfxgfx
gfx gfx