gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 12:05:48 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Florida Vapers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Florida Vapers  (Read 34544 times)

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
Florida Vapers
« on: September 29, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »
Okay, Thanks for the info.

By the way, you are in Palm Harbor and I am only about 50 miles from you in Plant City (ome of the Strawberry Festival). 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:11:28 AM by Breaktru »

Offline horton

Re: Florida Vapers
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 10:49:48 AM »
Port Richey here...... seems to be quite a contingent of vapers from FL.  I'm not sure what Port Richeys' claim to fame is other than the "racetrack" called Rt. 19 and too many strip malls!!!!!  I'm near the intersection of Ridge and you can just about count on one accident per day there.  How nice.... NOT.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:12:01 AM by Breaktru »

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 10:58:31 AM »
Port Richey here...... seems to be quite a contingent of vapers from FL.  I'm not sure what Port Richeys' claim to fame is other than the "racetrack" called Rt. 19 and too many strip malls!!!!!  I'm near the intersection of Ridge and you can just about count on one accident per day there.  How nice.... NOT.

Cool Horton.  We'll have to get together for a mini vape fest or something and say" hi" in person.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:12:41 AM by Breaktru »

Offline horton

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »
Sounds good to me, Erck89..... I'm always up for meeting fellow vapers (vapors???) .... never was sure about the spelling....lol

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
Sounds good to me, Erck89..... I'm always up for meeting fellow vapers (vapors???) .... never was sure about the spelling....lol

Horton:  Gona havta wait a while.  I'm in the hospital with a bit of a cardiac issue.  Will have to get back to you an set up a meeting place.  Give it some thought and let me know what you came up with.  I should back in service shortly.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 05:36:42 PM »
Sorry to hear that Eric. Hope everything turns out okay. Get well soon

Offline horton

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »
I hope you get out of the hospital very soon, Eric.  Not a fun place to be. 
I will try to come up with a place we can meet, although I must admit I am somewhat "geographically impaired"...... haven't been in the area that long.  I'll do my best and you work on getting back on your feet. 
I'm due for a one/two day stay in the hospital for a pain pump "installation" in the next month or so.   Not looking forward to it after watching a few videos of the surgery -- yuk.  But it will be better than driving all over the place trying to fill scripts due to all the abusers and diverters down here.  Will just have to make a trip to the "gas station" every 30 - 45 days once it's up and running.   

Offline suern

• My Signature
  • Started: Vaping Dec 2012; DIY Juice June 2013
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 08:19:31 PM »
Erck89... get well soon - I was in hospital a couple months ago for a cardiac cath which led to 2 stent placements- UGH!  Hospitals are horrible places to be. I'm a retired RN - and I know!! :laughing2:
Wishing horton best of luck with the pump, it's not as bad as you think and will make all the difference to quality of life!

Whenever y'all are up for a meet, greet, and vape - just let me know. Somewhere in North Tampa would be about midway between Palm Harbor-Port Richey-Plant City.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:13:47 AM by Breaktru »

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 09:42:02 AM »
Erck89... get well soon - I was in hospital a couple months ago for a cardiac cath which led to 2 stent placements- UGH!  Hospitals are horrible places to be. I'm a retired RN - and I know!! :laughing2:
Wishing horton best of luck with the pump, it's not as bad as you think and will make all the difference to quality of life!

Whenever y'all are up for a meet, greet, and vape - just let me know. Somewhere in North Tampa would be about midway between Palm Harbor-Port Richey-Plant City.

You are right about that.  Hospital stays suck.  They could serve Peking Duck and it wouldn't be satisfying cause your not home.  At least this time I had my laptop and was able to vape.  As far as a place to meet goes, there is a Cuban Restaurant over by the stadium that is comfortable (La Tericeta) and during the non rush periods they wouldn't care how long we sat and talked.  On the other side of the bay on 19 @ 60 is Lenny's.  It is great, but, Sunday's are so busy there they would be out.  On Thursday evenings, Totally Wicked has a vaping get together for all vapers and that is on Dale Mabry in Carrolwood.  That would be handy for you guys.  Just come across Tampa Road.  We can kick this around in PMs.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:14:27 AM by Breaktru »

Offline suern

• My Signature
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 07:23:20 AM »
Now I know how to spell "vapers"!!!

Offline suern

• My Signature
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 07:53:41 AM »
Any of those places work for me.  :)

I'm retired/unemployable so most any day/time is OK. Wed afternoons I have to take my granddaughter to TaeKwonDo in Dunedin at 5pm. That is my only routine calendar event.

Totally Wicked on Thurs eve sounds interesting. Imagine a whole room full of vapers! All the atmosphere of a "smoke filled room" without the carcinogens!!!! I've got to check it out regardless of whether we decide to meet there!

:idea: Can I bring a notebook and pick y'all's brains??

How long have you been vaping and how long have you been making your own juice? Y'all seem very knowledgable.

Thanks.
Looking forward to meeting other vapers!!!
SueRN

Offline horton

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »
Eric..... hope this is not too personal, but what hospital are you allowed to vape in?  Last time I was in, it was not allowed.  Said the heat of the coil could ignite free 02 in the air.   I sort of wondered about that, but didn't want to raise a fuss.  I'm already a pain in the neck pt since I am always grousing about something....lol.  BUT.... I am always nice to the nurses.... they are the ones who run things and know what's going on!!! 
I'm up for any of the locations mentioned -- just need an address so I can find my way.  Think it would be lots of fun to get together.
I've been vaping since late 2009 and doing DIY juice and devices (crudely in terms of devices...lol) since mid 2010.  I'm happy to share what I know, but I feel there are many others who have much greater knowledge than me.  Maybe we can set up a video conference with CraigHB or Breaktru???
And speaking of Breaktru...... thanks so much for setting up this space for FL vapers.   

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 02:49:28 PM »
Somebody's using bad info to make a rule.  I've measured the temperature of a coil producing vapor and it's about 260C.  That's not hot enough to ignite anything.  Now, a dry burn can get quite a bit hotter, but you wouldn't dry burn an atomizer if you're vaping.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
Somebody's using bad info to make a rule.  I've measured the temperature of a coil producing vapor and it's about 260C.  That's not hot enough to ignite anything.  Now, a dry burn can get quite a bit hotter, but you wouldn't dry burn an atomizer if you're vaping.

And what's this rule about not using a cell phone in the hospital?

Offline horton

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »
I agree with you Craig...... I think  when they see the vapor they automatically assume high temps and maybe sparks.  I know the coils don't get hot enough to ignite what little  02 may be floating around the room, but it is useless to argue especially you are the one laying in the bed.  Very hard to bargain from that position.....lol.   It's going to take time for people to understand how vaporizers work and how safe they truly are.  I suppose I could have stealth vaped, but the juice I'm using does have a distinctive aroma and I'm sure I would have been caught and put in solitary.   Geez, only bread and water in the hospital.... it would have taken me weeks to recover!!!! 
About cells in hospitals, a nursing supervisor told me that the phone frequencies could potentially interfere with the telemetry equipment, but she could not tell me what frequency the equipment was operating on.  Again, no use arguing...... I was already grousing enough and didn't need another battle....lol.  Also made me wonder about the phones they charge you for in the rooms.... wonder if they are worried about losing a potential income stream? ???   Along that same train of thought, aren't you allowed to use a lappie  in the hospital?  What type of connection are you allowed to use?   It's bad enough taking your dignity away with those darn gowns they make you wear, and then to take away  your cell and lappie on top of that...... unfair!!!!! 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:18:26 PM by horton »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 06:49:56 PM »
Kinda like going to prison, innit it?

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 07:53:19 PM »
Kinda like going to prison, innit it?

I think Hospital staff and prison guards go for the same training  :laughing2:

Offline horton

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »
I'll "third" that emotion..... some staff can be rather unbending in their relations with inmates, excuse me, patients...... no offense suern

Offline suern

• My Signature
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 05:17:31 AM »
NO offence taken!!

I hate hospitals too!!!

I happen to be a bit of a rule breaker myself. Always use my cell phone in the hospitals .

During my last inpatient stay (Helen Ellis in Tarpon), I also vaped - didn't ask - just did it. Don't know if anyone was even aware I was doing it. Nurses are extremely overworked (and under paid I might add!!).

I attended a lecture at Helen Ellis a few weeks ago - I vaped then without any negative feedback.

Actually, I've never asked permission. I just ass-u-me I can do it.

"It is easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission!"

The only time I've had a problem was at the TampaBay Times Forum. They said I couldn't use my e-cig in the building because it has "the appearance of smoking" and smokers would see my vapors and think it was OK to light up. Idiots!!!

I understand the same rule applies at Tropicana Field.

Offline Cajunsteaming

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »
Hey Eric,
Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Hope you get well soon. Hope it's not anything serious.
God Bless heal fast!!!!!

;cheers;

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »
Eric..... hope this is not too personal, but what hospital are you allowed to vape in?  Last time I was in, it was not allowed.  Said the heat of the coil could ignite free 02 in the air.   I sort of wondered about that, but didn't want to raise a fuss.  I'm already a pain in the neck pt since I am always grousing about something....lol.  BUT.... I am always nice to the nurses.... they are the ones who run things and know what's going on!!! 
I'm up for any of the locations mentioned -- just need an address so I can find my way.  Think it would be lots of fun to get together.
I've been vaping since late 2009 and doing DIY juice and devices (crudely in terms of devices...lol) since mid 2010.  I'm happy to share what I know, but I feel there are many others who have much greater knowledge than me.  Maybe we can set up a video conference with CraigHB or Breaktru???
And speaking of Breaktru...... thanks so much for setting up this space for FL vapers.

I was in Florida Hospital on 3oth street and Fletcher.  It use to be University Community Hospital.  It is a good hospital and the nurses seem to be layed back.  Only the new ones are like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.  Even some of the staff docs were ok with it when they found out what it was.,  Now, I didn't flaunt it, just in my room.

Offline horton

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 10:13:39 AM »
Sounds like you educated some people about vaping.  Especially nice that they were health care workers.  Maybe they will help open other minds about vaping and how it is better for your health than stinkies. 
I know I always let my doc know I vape.  He's still a skeptic, but I'll keep at it.  He keeps saying he wants to see a "peer review" article before he'll consider it.  All he has to do is use his senses with me to see the changes in my breathing and overall health.   Anymore docs need a piece of paper or a test result for them to believe anything.  They have learned not to use their God given senses to observe pts.  (done ranting...lol) 

Offline been there

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
Hey everybody , I guess I'm late to the party,checking in from Brooksville and vapeing with the cows.

if y'all are going to have a vape meet I would like to come that is if I can find the cow trail out of Brooksville.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 10:18:46 AM »
There will be a Vaping Convention in Tampa, FL on February 21-22, 2014
Here is the facebook link if you are interested in the details --> Vaping Convention in Tampa

Offline horton

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »
Thanks very much, Breaktru...... really appreciated

Offline been there

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 04:51:56 PM »
much thanks Breaktru,Tampa is very close will be there.

Offline storereviews

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 08:38:54 PM »
I'm in Largo Fl Vapor capital

Offline horton

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 08:52:25 AM »
I thought Port Richey was the FL vape capitol -- at least that's what I had declared last time I was imaginary mayor here....lol

Online Avamil

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
I thought Port Richey was the FL vape capitol -- at least that's what I had declared last time I was imaginary mayor here....lol

Good one horton  :laughing2:

Offline FluGlone

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »
 :laughing2:  :laughing2:  :laughing2:

Offline horton

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 01:11:22 PM »
No matter where the "epicenter" of vaping is around here, we will have to figure out a nice central location to try and have a meet up.  I don't get out and about enough to know where all the towns and cities are in relation to each other to make a sensible decision.  I'll pass my gavel to the navigators out there for that one.......
For people in the New Port Richey and Port Richey area -- I did notice a new vape store on Ridge Rd. just east of Regency.  It's on the N side of Ridge (think I am saying all this right) in the little group of stores just past the CVS.   I haven't stopped in yet, but hope they do have success.  I do plan on going in and having a looksee. 

Offline storereviews

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »
No matter where the "epicenter" of vaping is around here, we will have to figure out a nice central location to try and have a meet up.  I don't get out and about enough to know where all the towns and cities are in relation to each other to make a sensible decision.  I'll pass my gavel to the navigators out there for that one.......
For people in the New Port Richey and Port Richey area -- I did notice a new vape store on Ridge Rd. just east of Regency.  It's on the N side of Ridge (think I am saying all this right) in the little group of stores just past the CVS.   I haven't stopped in yet, but hope they do have success.  I do plan on going in and having a looksee.

Is this the store
Innevape
8647-10 Little Rd
New Port Richey, Florida 34654
352-587-2912.

Offline horton

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
I don't believe so.   
The store I saw is on Ridge very close to the intersection of Regency.  It's  ~ .75 mile W of Little.  There is a smallish yellow sign that says "e-cigarette" or something to that effect on the marquee in front of the group of storefronts.   
I'll have to check out the one  you mentioned.  It's good to see some stores opening in this area. 
I know there was one at the USA flea market down by 19 and 52 (maybe still there), but it was / is a stall, not a store you can actually walk into.  I understand how difficult it must be to maintain a B & M store and have competitive pricing, but I will try to patronize local stores best I can.  It's nice to have the ease of getting something NOW rather than having to wait for vape mail.

Offline SmokinGun

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
South end of the state, east side checking in. Anyone else in the Ft. Lauderdale area?

Offline sparkervape

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 04:09:18 PM »
Hi all from Daytona Beach FL

Offline suern

• My Signature
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 04:10:28 AM »
Hi all,
There is a new vape store in Palm Harbor/Clearwater (not sure where the line is!!). It is on the west side of US19 south of Curlew past the Mickey D's. I think it may be the expansion of the Tobacco Road store across the street. Last time I was in there (TR) they said they were planning to move all their vapes to another location and carry a more complete line of products. (They were under exclusive contract with Smokersvapor in Largo). One of the sales girls at TR turned me on to e-cigs 14 mos ago. ;bow;  I'll check it out and pass on any pertinent info!
Looking forward to meeting up at the convention. The idea of name tags with "FL-BTF" on them sounds great!!
Sue

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 07:11:27 AM »
Hi all,
There is a new vape store in Palm Harbor/Clearwater (not sure where the line is!!). It is on the west side of US19 south of Curlew past the Mickey D's. I think it may be the expansion of the Tobacco Road store across the street. Last time I was in there (TR) they said they were planning to move all their vapes to another location and carry a more complete line of products. (They were under exclusive contract with Smokersvapor in Largo). One of the sales girls at TR turned me on to e-cigs 14 mos ago. ;bow;  I'll check it out and pass on any pertinent info!
Looking forward to meeting up at the convention. The idea of name tags with "FL-BTF" on them sounds great!!
Sue

Thanks Sue for the update.

That is a great idea with the name tags. Great work on the the tags  :rockin smiley:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2014, 07:12:47 AM »
So guys... how was the Vaping Convention Circuit 2014 in Tampa?

http://youtu.be/k97A6tMpRTU

Offline nestingdoll

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2016, 11:46:04 PM »
olivergameonline
ambl-fanfic.tumblr

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 12:44:34 AM »
olivergameonline
ambl-fanfic.tumblr

Nesting:  The show last year was sooooo busy, but fun too.  I don't know what to expect this year.  Vaping has become so big.  The big question is how many of the big on-line vendors are going to show up.  In 14, there were a boat load of them, but last year, most of the really big names were absent.  Tampa Custom Vapers will be there and they do everything they can to promote the show and they are really great people as well.  Look forward to seeing you there.  I have some health issues, so nothing is certain for me.  If my insurance company comes through with a mobility scooter, I will be there for sure and at the TCV booth.  Stop by and say HI.

Eric

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 12:46:16 AM »

Nesting:  The show last year was sooooo busy, but fun too.  I don't know what to expect this year.  Vaping has become so big.  The big question is how many of the big on-line vendors are going to show up.  In 14, there were a boat load of them, but last year, most of the really big names were absent.  Tampa Custom Vapers will be there and they do everything they can to promote the show and they are really great people as well.  Look forward to seeing you there.  I have some health issues, so nothing is certain for me.  If my insurance company comes through with a mobility scooter, I will be there for sure and at the TCV booth.  Stop by and say HI.

Eric
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:32:29 AM by Breaktru »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 06:31:30 AM »
Hi Eric,
I banned nestingdoll. He was a spammer from Thailand.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 01:44:01 PM »
Dave:    Thanks for the info.  I had no idea that someone would want to spam up our forum.   Then again.  I'm old, Dave.     Eric                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Florida Vapers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx