gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 03:53:32 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: Search For Flavors In Recipe
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Search For Flavors In Recipe  (Read 12400 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Search For Flavors In Recipe
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »
I get a lot of questions on how do I search for flavors in a recipe that I have on hand. I posted the search option back on May 13, 2012.

Here is a direct link to the subject:
Search for Flavoring

Offline Brazos

• Please Login & Post Often
Re: Search For Flavors In Recipe
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »
I get a lot of questions on how do I search for flavors in a recipe that I have on hand. I posted the search option back on May 13, 2012.

Here is a direct link to the subject:
Search for Flavoring

WOW. Talking about ask and you will receive. Last night I was mixing up a small batch of Cheesecake and Bavarian Cream as always I was using the E Juice Me Up. Saying to myself that I wish I had some kind of spreadsheet that would keep track of all my flavors. Now if it was some how incorporated to my E Juice Program. I wish that I was smart enough to do that. I also have some questions about, I think they are putting red food dye in some flavors, I found out about 30 years ago that red food dye makes me quit breathing and I love watermelon. This last batch of flavor I got was colored red.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »
That's the problem with these flavoring companies. They never give the full ingredient contents of their flavoring. All you can get from them is Ingredients: Propylene Glycol and Artificial flavoring.
Capella use to list the ingredients on their site but the ingredient page has disappeared.

As far as the Red color, most likely a food coloring dye was used.

Offline aflex

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:03:58 AM »
Most of these companies don't even use proper ingredient. They add some unnatural flavor and color. Sometimes they may also cause an alarming health issue.

Offline Mikla

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 10:30:05 PM »
Writing a quick Recipe/Flavor search app that reads the Recipe files... will provide link to app and source if interested.  It reads the recipes, extracts the flavors and lists them.  You can then search on flavors to get the recipes with those flavors, then look at the rest of the flavors in that recipe.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 06:02:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum Mikla.
Sounds like your "search for flavors" would be a better way than the HDSearch program.
Post it once you thoroughly test it for bugs.

Offline Mikla

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 10:04:28 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!  Here is what I got...

I threw together a quick Windows app to search the recipes for different flavors. After setting the location to the folder containing the recipes you click "Find". The app will search through all the recipes and pull out all the unique flavors (case sensitive). You can select a flavor to show the recipes that include that flavor. You can then select a recipe to show the other flavors in the recipe. Also you can narrow down the list of flavors by doing a search. For instance if you type "ban" in the search box it will display all the flavors (from all the recipes) that contain those letters (not case sensitive).  Until a specific flavor is selected the search will include all recipes that have all the flavors listed.

Right clicking on any flavor or recipe copies it to the clipboard so that you can paste into eJuice Me Up or any other place you may need it.

It is a simple app and I am including the source code for anyone to use as they wish.  The app is standalone with no install required.  Just unzip it wherever you want and run it.  It does not save anything, change any files or write anything to disk or the registry.  It only reads the recipe files.  If you want to be safe, copy the .rec files to another directory and point the application at that directory (hit the ... button to select the folder).

I would consider this Beta code as it has only been tested by me to date.  I'll try to make updates and changes as needed but make no promises (thus the source code is available).  The C# Windows Form application was developed in in Visual Studio 2012.

These files were scanned by an Online Virus Scanner and found to be clean.

Application Zip File
Source Code

This application or it's author has no association with breaktru.com or eJuice Me Up other than it reads the recipe files used by this application.  With a little luck maybe that application will include this type of native support in a future version.

Disclaimer:  The use of the software downloaded through the links provided is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities.  Software is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:15:27 AM by Mikla »

Offline mstokens

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »
I downloaded this and it works great. Haven't noticed anything buggy. Great work!

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »
Yes, it works great. Nice going Mikla and thanks for posting it here.

You might want to fix the link to the downloads.

Offline Mikla

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 01:16:09 AM »
Thanks!  Links should be fixed.

Offline Hoggy

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 11:28:49 AM »
It would be nice if this allowed for multiple folders..  and/or a recursive option.

I move older recipes (made ejuice batches) to archive folders.

Thanks for making this though!

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: Search For Flavors In Recipe

gfxgfx
gfx gfx