gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 11:06:29 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Grand Innonvations nokia mod 80-100watts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Grand Innonvations nokia mod 80-100watts  (Read 46270 times)

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Re: Grand Innonvations nokia mod 80-100watts
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 05:09:45 PM »
No, you never get something for nothing with electricity.  A regulated mod compensates for losses so you get a consistent output, but the losses are there too.  In fact, they're typcially greater since wires, circuit boards, and components have a lot more resistance than the hardware that makes up the circuit in a mech mod.

Oh, BTW, you're right, power loss is expressed by voltage loss, voltage squared over resistance.

Regulated mods data sheet  their efficiency  then of course efficiency is made better with globs of solder and long runs lol..  I joke there.

Those efest are freaks Zeus.  I have a 650 mah lipo its run-time is showing its probably 800mah capacity or more.  It's from a 650mah ego and it is 20c from what I can tell.  pcb is the 4050c and comparing it to efest @1.8ohms, the efest get hot not warm-- the lipo is ice cold and stays above 3.7 most of my vaping.  My efest have lost a lot of spunk where when new @700mah rated 550mah in tests, I was vaping 7-9 hours on a 08100, I now get 4-6 hours, I use four mods interchangeably too..  Efest are not good batts but drastically better than other budget batts.   

Vaping a 2ohm coil right now and I betcha I could throw down with your .2ohm coil...  It's  all in coil size, airhole, and material used for wick.  SS mesh if you feed it cannot be beat pluming, it becomes as hot as the coil and vaporizes the ejuice efficiently and is airy, cotton or silica wick do not have this potential until ya lower ohms in the graveyard..

I guarantee I can out plume ya lower ohm coils.  I learned how to build coils 1st I am dirt poor and had to.   :laughing2:  I am a legend in my own mind at coil making but shh no tell anyone when they will wanna me to make coils for em lol.. 

I finally have a camera that takes great pictures  I need a micro sd card now but rip trippers covers this for me watch his vids and learn hows--- to build a pluming rig proper.  Rip doesn't use ss mesh so his plumes are hugely smaller than mine..   Only noob coilers vape low ohms now on singles/duals  oh_my: .. .8 and up preferably..

3.4ohm build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUdthEBCS4

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 05:35:37 PM »
Regulated mods data sheet  their efficiency  then of course efficiency is made better with globs of solder and long runs lol..  I joke there.

Those efest are freaks Zeus.  I have a 650 mah lipo its run-time is showing its probably 800mah capacity or more.  It's from a 650mah ego and it is 20c from what I can tell.  pcb is the 4050c and comparing it to efest @1.8ohms, the efest get hot not warm-- the lipo is ice cold and stays above 3.7 most of my vaping.  My efest have lost a lot of spunk where when new @700mah rated 550mah in tests, I was vaping 7-9 hours on a 08100, I now get 4-6 hours, I use four mods interchangeably too..  Efest are not good batts but drastically better than other budget batts.   

Vaping a 2ohm coil right now and I betcha I could throw down with your .2ohm coil...  It's  all in coil size, airhole, and material used for wick.  SS mesh if you feed it cannot be beat pluming, it becomes as hot as the coil and vaporizes the ejuice efficiently and is airy, cotton or silica wick do not have this potential until ya lower ohms in the graveyard..

I guarantee I can out plume ya lower ohm coils.  I learned how to build coils 1st I am dirt poor and had to.   :laughing2:  I am a legend in my own mind at coil making but shh no tell anyone when they will wanna me to make coils for em lol.. 

I finally have a camera that takes great pictures  I need a micro sd card now but rip trippers covers this for me watch his vids and learn hows--- to build a pluming rig proper.  Rip doesn't use ss mesh so his plumes are hugely smaller than mine..   Only noob coilers vape low ohms now on singles/duals  oh_my: .. .8 and up preferably..

3.4ohm build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUdthEBCS4

no sir i would  say that that is not a bigger cloud than mine,..
i have a biggr ___... :)

kidding aside...
those are decent clouds my friend..

not sure but the batteries seem like 18350's and yes they get hot,regardless of what i use them...

on 18650's mine never got warm even at low ohms..
and even after 5 consecutive 8 second drags,,(0.2ohms)

on the ohms..
yes i can agree that on a regulated mod.
a 2 ohm coil can perform at par with sub ohms..
its crazy, math does not add up...
but i do agree,i have a 2 ohm coil sitting on a vamo...
and taht not even near as efficient as a 08100 or 4050c

i also agree on the wick part, and airholes..
i think i made a thread pointing those out..
so no contest there...

i am also on single coil s, duals if its cold outside..

ill see if i can take a pic,but i guess probably not..
since camera exaggerates plumes...hahahahhaha

i am not tryuing to argue which is a better build or rig whether if its sub or not,,
there are a lot more factors to making those huge clouds..

airholes (mine are 3mm)
juice,
coil position,
wicking material and such...

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »
Just trying to keep your lungs/throat/mouth from constant threat of the burns.  A sub coil burst into flames so fast and how many drink and vape and then wham flame on a dry wick.   :wallbash: 

As is the motto, "whatever keeps ya from analogs."  :thumbsup:

Offline djboa

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2014, 02:59:48 AM »
sub-ohm is only relevant on mechanicals.

on regulated mods you have two circuits:
- the regulator-coil
- the batteries-regulator

different amps and volts are running in the two circuits, transformed by the regulator.

so for instance a 16W on a 1 ohm coil on a mechanical: 4V and 4A
and 16W on a 2ohm on a regulated:
Coil circuit: 5,7V and 2.8A
Battery circuit: 4V and 4A

it only makes sense to compare the watts between mechanicals and regulated mods - the ohms do not mean a thing.

only reason to build for a specific ohm on a regulated is to be able to run the atty on a mechanical at a specific watt

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2014, 06:43:30 AM »
Howdy Dj

Subs are relevant on regulated as well in using duals quads and up.. 
This is the reason the GI was made.  The guy who made the GI was at a vape convention and people asked, and chatted about to  him to build a unit that could do sub ohms down in the boneyard so he did it..  So he built a prototype for the next gathering and they said

Im serious this waht they posted LOL..  a whole wall of this gif and here it is packaged ready to do .2 subs..

Great news:
The good things about nano coils they take all that jazz away and offer you a really good vape, long battery runtimes, and the most awesome flavor you ever had from a vape..

They trick OHMS law per se'...

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2014, 02:17:04 PM »
Not really a trick.  You always get better efficiency using higher voltage and lower current to produce a particular power output.  This is a physical property of electricity that has been utilized since the dawn of its use. 

It would actually be better to use dual coils in series rather than parallel given the option of a variable output.  No production atomizers provide the option.

In terms of how a variable mod provides output, the wider the range the better.  That provides the option of using whatever coil configuration you want.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »
@ Craig I cant imagine two nano 1.5's @ 3 blasting 6volts

Fasttech will probably have an atomizer when holiday is over, it seems you guys post and they provide..

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2014, 01:36:55 AM »
It would be nice to see production atomizers that provide the option for series coils.  I'd try them at the least since my mods have a pretty high range on the voltage setting.  You get better run times that way.  Problem is they're harder to produce since you need a hot post on the outside and a floating post in the middle.  It's possible to just do a single coil with double the turns, but you spread the heat with multiple coils which is better.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2014, 05:30:04 AM »
Airholes 

I already have made a split dual+ but the airhole can only be so big before sucking in mosquitoes and those cute little flys, which I have  lol..

There is an atomizer out that is made for 6 coils I cannot find it but yeah 6 coils that design they used would be awesome for this..

That pic I loaded changed somehow I hope they load pron lol

The problem is shorts if the u bend in the middle isnt a good wrap it shorts badly there in the middle. 

Offline redwolfe

• One-eyed guy
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »
Grand Innovations just posted a video on operating through the OS of the Gi2. It looks pretty awesome, first I've seen a mod use a micro SD card.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
It sucks
You can only do 72 watts with a .3ohm coil
I can do that with like nothing I have so it sucks  :laughing2:

holy schmokes thats cool.     :applaude:

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2014, 04:34:19 AM »
HOLY COW!!!!!!

Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMf8ICPKB9c

:thumbsup:  :laughing2:  Awesome

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »
Review in video section

http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php?topic=1151.new#new

Its  gimmicky and needs some tweaking to perform properly. 
One issue that is hella scary, (10:25) it locks auto firing and the only way to stop it is to rip out the batteries.
The 510 connector is not level -atomizer sits crooked- (14:47) cant believe they misaligned the 510 connector
All in all a heckuva mod thats needs  update

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Grand Innonvations nokia mod 80-100watts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx